Is anyone here familiar with the Port of Houston?

Could also be Buffalo Bend Nature Park which is right there by Hidalgo Park. I would assume either would be a pretty rough place for u and the little one to go alone Originally Posted by Chlorine
Can we see the ships from there?
To the east is the park area around the battleship.....plus a restaurant, parking area, breakers right at the south landing of the Lynchburg ferry. Originally Posted by GlobeSpotter
Lynchburg Ferry, that in itself sound like it could be fun.

I wonder If Ms Brooke saw the park under the Fred Hartman bridge in Baytown? I do not know how far the boat tour proceeds on the channel!? Originally Posted by dtymh55
I had forgotten all about that bridge. Another adventure to add to my list.

and what about the tollway bridge?

it would look more like the 610 bridge.

Originally Posted by GlobeSpotter

My love, I am well aware of what 610 looks like, plus the captain dude said we were going under 610
Enlarge this map Brooke and scroll right

http://buffalobayou.org/visit/ Originally Posted by Chlorine
It was right in this area where I am pointing, but there doesn't seem to be anything there.

I know there was like a hill that slopped down towards the water and concrete gazebos. People were sitting on the hill with their blankets watching ships and boats in the port and on the other side of the water were lots of port business with the cranes and large containers and all that weird industrial stuff.

610.jpg
Likely there....they were homeless democrats.

Edit: industrial stuff is not weird and you need to fill in those nails.
Valero is where you are pointing but if you go a little further down on the Pasadena side of the channel is a little park right above the tunnel entrance. This is the spot where Santa Anna was captured after the Battle of San Jacinto. Not many people know it is there cause it's entrance is hidden by the Pasadena Refinery and I don't see it on Google Maps. Just take the road headed to the tunnel then veer to the right before you enter the tunnel. You think your going into the plant but you will be alright at worst the guard shack will help you.
Well I'll be damned! You are exactly right. Thank you!

Valero is where you are pointing but if you go a little further down on the Pasadena side of the channel is a little park right above the tunnel entrance. This is the spot where Santa Anna was captured after the Battle of San Jacinto. Not many people know it is there cause it's entrance is hidden by the Pasadena Refinery and I don't see it on Google Maps. Just take the road headed to the tunnel then veer to the right before you enter the tunnel. You think your going into the plant but you will be alright at worst the guard shack will help you. Originally Posted by talidor
Likely there....they were homeless democrats.

Edit: industrial stuff is not weird and you need to fill in those nails. Originally Posted by GlobeSpotter
I did today, those puppies were 3 weeks old in that picture. Some weeks it's hard to find 2/3 hours to commit to staying in one place.

And this stuff is WEIRD

weird.jpg

weird2.jpg
And this stuff is WEIRD
..... Originally Posted by Brooke Wilde
Hey just because you think of penis sizes when you look at those distillation columns.....

......it doesn't mean that stuff is WEIRD.

(it means you're weird)
haha !!! The 1st picture looks like a cool place to play with hot wheels and the 2ed picture reminds me of that thing I have to use to get out of the bath
There is also a place near the battleship Texas, if you follow the road down to the ferry landing you can watch ships go by at a little park.