V P debate tonight, should be fun.

... Vance WON - and America KNOWS it! ...

#### Salty
It was a draw. But since no one votes for VP, it won’t matter at all.
Vance seemed more polished and a better debater in general. He did a good job at dogging sensitive questions and changing the subject matter to the Harris/Biden record.

Walz seemed uneasy during the first half of the debate but finished strong. He was able to bring the American audience into the debate which will help on Nov 5th.

Overall both candidates helped their cause, neither had a home run, neither struck out. I will call it a draw, no winner, no loser. Just my $0.02 Originally Posted by tttalinky
Very well summarized and I completely agree. I really just watched to see whether Walz could actually keep up with Vance because in a debate, I am picking a lawyer to win convincingly 100 times out of 100. When I read last weekend that Walz said he was a bad debater, I assumed he was going to be a deer in headlights the whole time but although I think it took him some time for him to get comfortable, he surprised me.

On the other hand, I think Vance showed a much less Trump immaturity side that he has previously displayed, and actually came in as an adult and not as a stupid child like his boss. I actually thought he presented himself very well.

As far as who won the debate, with all of the dodging and lies, fuck if I know. I just know nobody outright lost it like Biden and Trump did. And really, who cares? They aren't running shit anyway as the VP.
Frankly his guy is just a buffoon, and mirrors harris with his buffoonery. Originally Posted by DEAR_JOHN

Of course Vance won, or this is what Fox is telling me.

All kidding aside, I take my comment back, Walz had a bad moment about him being in China, but he certainly didn't come off as a buffoon. He actually came off as being likeable, however his horrible policies like tampon machines in the male restrooms and him watching the twin cities burn still haunt him.

Taking note that harris' sex or race doesn't matter, I would rather vote for Walz than harris. Walz came off as being more down to earth, than the arrogant bitch who thinks her shit doesn't stink.
I actually thought they both did equally well. I liked them being cordial and not like the offensive nature of other politicians. Equally likeable. I was surprised at Vance's ability to be articulate and semi vulnerable, and I liked waltz down to earth style. Kinda wish these were the two running instead. Anyone else think that?
I actually thought they both did equally well. I liked them being cordial and not like the offensive nature of other politicians. Equally likeable. I was surprised at Vance's ability to be articulate and semi vulnerable, and I liked waltz down to earth style. Kinda wish these were the two running instead. Anyone else think that? Originally Posted by eyecu2

blame Harris for that. with help from ABC. because of that inside job, both Vance and Walz did better than Trump or Harris.
I actually thought they both did equally well. I liked them being cordial and not like the offensive nature of other politicians. Equally likeable. I was surprised at Vance's ability to be articulate and semi vulnerable, and I liked waltz down to earth style. Kinda wish these were the two running instead. Anyone else think that? Originally Posted by eyecu2
I agree. It was so refreshing to watch a debate where both candidates seemingly respected each other.

Who won? Unlike the Trump-Harris debate, I don't think there was a clear winner. As expected, Vance blamed Harris for all the Biden/Harris administration "failed" policies.

I think Walz had the 2 best moments of the night, on the ACA and at the end on the discussion of January 6. No, Trump did nothing to help the ACA at any time as Vance suggested. And Vance not answering the question as to whether or not he thought Trump lost the 2020 election was not a good ending to the night for him.

I doubt the debate swayed many voters.
Agree.

#### Salty Originally Posted by Salty Again
Sure!

Just wait!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

#### Salty Originally Posted by Salty Again
And who do you think won the Trump-Harris debate? Just trying to assess your level of bias.

Polls taken after the debate as to who won almost matched the Trump-Harris polls as far as the 2024 race. No clear winner. Walz ahead among the demographics who support Harris for POTUS and Vance ahead on the demographics who support Vance.

Consensus was that the VP debate will not influence voters much at all if any.
And who do you think won the Trump-Harris debate? Just trying to assess your level of bias.

Polls taken after the debate as to who won almost matched the Trump-Harris polls as far as the 2024 race. No clear winner. Walz ahead among the demographics who support Harris for POTUS and Vance ahead on the demographics who support Vance.

Consensus was that the VP debate will not influence voters much at all if any. Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX
I tend to agree, but as the fact checkers go through all the claims made by both candidates, I believe we’ll have our worst suspicions about Vance confirmed.
I tend to agree, but as the fact checkers go through all the claims made by both candidates, I believe we’ll have our worst suspicions about Vance confirmed. Originally Posted by Yssup Rider

Walz is a pathological liar. He lies about everything. He never answered the first question, and told lies about the issues in the Middle East and Iran.

Vance cleaned his clock, but in a respectful way.
Walz is a pathological liar. He lies about everything. He never answered the first question, and told lies about the issues in the Middle East and Iran.

Vance cleaned his clock, but in a respectful way. Originally Posted by farmstud60
Very few people, if any, would agree with your rather biased opinion. Fact-checkers of last night's debate had Vance making just as many, if not more, incorrect statements than Walz.

https://www.politifact.com/article/2...lz-vance-2024/

https://apnews.com/article/debate-wa...fac9267861247c

https://www.factcheck.org/2024/10/fa...tial-debate-2/

And I'll ask you the same question I asked Salty in order to assess your level of bias. Who won the Trump-Harris debate?

Vance cleaned his clock, but in a respectful way. Originally Posted by farmstud60
Pathological? Horse shit. He tends to embellish, but not once has his embellishment resulted in bomb threats.

Your false equivocating is tedious, and also, ahem, embellished.

And how did Vance clean his clock? By batting his baby blues? Or by refusing to answer the questions about his pathological lies about Jan. 6. Or the proposed national abortion ban he repeatedly claimed to support. Or that Trump saved the ACA?

Nobody’s clock got cleaned. But it seems like your might need winding.
Very few people, if any, would agree with your rather biased opinion. Fact-checkers of last night's debate had Vance making just as many, if not more, incorrect statements than Walz.

https://www.politifact.com/article/2...lz-vance-2024/

https://apnews.com/article/debate-wa...fac9267861247c

https://www.factcheck.org/2024/10/fa...tial-debate-2/

And I'll ask you the same question I asked Salty in order to assess your level of bias. Who won the Trump-Harris debate? Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX

It was a toss up