What's your favorite contact sport?

• Toyz
  • 03-11-2015, 08:07 PM
Good point, there is watching and participating......I do MMA.....watch and participate. Love it.

Sifu Originally Posted by sifupsi
Let me know next time you fight I'll come watch!
Let me know next time you fight I'll come watch! Originally Posted by Toyz
I haven't fought in a few years. I'll have to tell you the story of the last time I "competed" some day.....price of admission is a beer! I used to teach as well. quite that too......so now I just revel in "the old days" when I was young and in shape!

My "handle" is a martial arts term......sifu.....and a martial arts weapon....psi. I just combined the two since sifu was taken when I signed up.

Sifu
I like naked skydiving. For the guys, be sure to use some masking tape or it will beat you to death. For the ladies, be sure to watch out for the guys flying in behind you, especially if the guy ops to not use masking tape to protect his flying hotdog package.

Remember, when you get to the ground, you don't need to run around naked looking for something to wear. Just wrap yourself up in the parachute canopy.

So who wants to make the next lift to 12,500 ft wit BB for 60 second of exilerating fun.

Bonus is a unique way to qualify for Mile-High Club.
Before I started doing this and moved to Austin I was an mma fighter, obviously amateur but I loved it!!!? The adrenaline was awesome, after that id say hockey which my whole family is really big into and plays
Ha! I was thrown out of an arcade as a kid for cheating at whack-a-mole...... I developed bad habits at an early age. Originally Posted by Kfun12
How do you cheat at whack-a-mole?

I'm really good at whack-a-mole actually. Here's my secret, perhaps THE secret:

Keep you eyes fixed on the center of the playing field, but remain aware of your peripheral vision. Use peripheral vision to whack'em, and don't let your eyes wander around.

(I mean that literally, but reading it it does seem like a good metaphor.)
How do you cheat at whack-a-mole. Originally Posted by sean rider
I hopped up on the game and sat with one cheek covering a hole. I used my left arm (elbow on one end and hand on the other) to cover two more holes. All I had to do was whack away at the last 2 holes.

The tickets came streaming out of the game, but some pimple-faced kid employee took the tickets away and pointed me towards the door.

Such a rebel...

Back on topic... Can we have a jello wrestling social gathering?
(
I hopped up on the game and sat with one cheek covering a hole. I used my left arm ... Originally Posted by Kfun12
Sounds like an outtake from that recent movie Boyhood. Very amusing story!)
I used to watch college hockey but cant find anything worthwhile in Texas. On the way to the opera last year I stumbled upon a roller derby competition and went to that instead. It was fun. Does anyone know the rules or a good roller derby website?
I used to watch college hockey but cant find anything worthwhile in Texas. On the way to the opera last year I stumbled upon a roller derby competition and went to that instead. It was fun. Does anyone know the rules or a good roller derby website? Originally Posted by Mr Peabody
Always wanted to check it out
http://www.txrd.com/about-txrd/rules/
JKD, Kali Silat....do not make me choose between them
I used to watch college hockey but cant find anything worthwhile in Texas. On the way to the opera last year I stumbled upon a roller derby competition and went to that instead. It was fun. Does anyone know the rules or a good roller derby website? Originally Posted by Mr Peabody
Austin has the Lonestar Roller girls, and there is a rink in the warehouse area Burnet and 183. It's next to a hockey rink too, so you can pick between the two. Even better, Austin Beerworks is nearby and open Thurs-Sun.
  • Noid
  • 03-12-2015, 08:36 PM
@toys tae kwon do is a shit form @Shayla you go girl
JKD, Kali Silat....do not make me choose between them Originally Posted by deerwhisperer
Nice, done some of that myself.....

Sifu
@toys tae kwon do is a shit form Originally Posted by Noid
No it's not.....I took Tae Kwon Do from a very tiny Korean man who used it to kill north koreans who came into his village. He lived through several bullet wounds....he showed me 4 of them on his legs. Very tough guy! Weighed about 120 pounds. It's all about the instructor.......

sifu
Nice, done some of that myself.....

Sifu Originally Posted by sifupsi
Do you teach it? I miss training, would love to get back into it.