The politicians, MSM and Fox News are using COVID to divide the country. Don't listen to them.

... Now he's pushing for truckers to clog up U.S. cities, like what happened in Canada. A lot of sense that makes. This is not one of his finer moments. Originally Posted by Tiny

I disagree greatly. I think it's brilliant to push the haulers of the "last mile" of the supply chain to make the point of how absurd it is too punish the peasants solely for being mere peasants as evidenced by the "elites" mandating controls (mandates) on the peasants while exempting them selves from such inanity.
  • Tiny
  • 02-14-2022, 08:14 AM
I disagree greatly. I think it's brilliant to push the haulers of the "last mile" of the supply chain to make the point of how absurd it is too punish the peasants solely for being mere peasants as evidenced by the "elites" mandating controls (mandates) on the peasants while exempting them selves from such inanity. Originally Posted by Why_Yes_I_Do
Apologies in advance to HoeHummer. And also to Yssup, who I believe to be an undercover operative for the Royal Canadian Mounted Police.

But we're the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA. Are we going to stop vital commerce within our nation because of some regulation from a pissant country like Canada? What's next? Maybe a pilot's strike to shut down air traffic because Botswana is letting people kill elephants? Respectfully, I have to disagree with your position.
I disagree greatly. I think it's brilliant to push the haulers of the "last mile" of the supply chain to make the point of how absurd it is too punish the peasants solely for being mere peasants as evidenced by the "elites" mandating controls (mandates) on the peasants while exempting them selves from such inanity. Originally Posted by Why_Yes_I_Do
That sounds like rhetoric right out of the commie playbook.
...Are we going to stop vital commerce within our nation... Originally Posted by Tiny
You mean again. Right? Seems the Federalies, lead by Frankenstein Fauci et al, did that to us in early 2020 and are only just now easing up - not for altruistic reasons mind you. Didn't you hear that dude on horse back tearing through town the other day shouting: "The Mid-Terms are coming! The Mid-Terms are coming!"? I figured it was James Carvil, but didn't get a good look at him as he was riding like his hair was on fire.
Bill Cassidy, the Republican Senator from Louisiana, addressed this very point on Fox News Sunday this morning. He said I'm a conservative, and conservatives believe government closest to the people is best. You may be right as to what's best, but if an elected school board makes the decision, people should live with it, and if they disagree vote the bastards out at the next election. Originally Posted by Tiny

Even when an elected Governor disagrees? This was the troubling part of a recent court order. The judge rightly said that "this" isn't necessarily about Covid and what is "best", it is about WHO has the ultimate authority to make these decisions as described in applicable law. This is what we have courts for, so if an elected school board makes a decision you don't like, sue them, don't just follow like sheep.

Unfortunately ( in my opinion ) the judge decided for the school board but I think that will be over turned on appeal
Parents should have the final say. Didn’t you learn that at home school?

Obviously you’ve no experience with education. Or children. Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
So parents should be allowed to overrule any school board-imposed mask mandate on their kids?

Sounds like there's no practical difference between having the first say or the final say.

Think before you post, yssup.
If you Google "coronavirus trump's katrina" you will see a dozen MSM stories that all came out in early 2020. They were disgusting and appalling. Their message was the same - we should applaud and welcome this deadly pandemic since it might lead to the removal of a sitting President we despise!

Well, the MSM got what they hoped for. Ooops, sorry about those 800,000 US deaths! They were just necessary collateral damage.

And don't forget these are the same fucktards who never stop lecturing us about caring and empathy!

Think about that when the next pandemic arrives and all they do (again) is obsess about the political fallout, rather than the real human suffering.
  • Tiny
  • 02-14-2022, 09:30 PM
Better late than never I s'pose. But two and half years late?!?: "The politicians, MSM and Fox News are using COVID to divide the country. Don't listen to them."

Might have to be answered in another thread, so as no to hijack the OP here:So what do you think the annual interest payment will be two years from now on the $30T already racked up in debt after a dozen or so interest rate hikes?? Originally Posted by Why_Yes_I_Do
About your first point, better late than never, two and a half years ago nobody had immunity to COVID-19. Now, after 900,000 deaths in the USA, almost everybody has some immunity.

As to your second point, I'm happy to hijack my own thread, but will, as you suggest, move the reply to the "how are we going to pay for all this shit" thread.
...Think before you post, yssup. Originally Posted by lustylad

Not sure if that's the funniest thing on here in a while or the most misguided, aka dumbest. I'll try to keep an open and unbiased mind until I can figure that out.

Oh, in the mean time, I may have figured out what SNICK! means. Isn't that the sound you make when your Proctologist puts both hands and your shoulders and whispers in your ear: "You'll feel a little pressure down there"?
Fuel the chaos
Wash the dog.
Not sure if that's the funniest thing on here in a while or the most misguided, aka dumbest. I'll try to keep an open and unbiased mind until I can figure that out. Originally Posted by Why_Yes_I_Do
Granted, my advice did presume a certain minimal level of mental acuity on the part of the poster in question. Hopefully your AI team can sift through the wreckage of said poster's 54,380 eccie comments ISO anything resembling a sentient expression.

SNICK!
About your first point, better late than never, two and a half years ago nobody had immunity to COVID-19. Now, after 900,000 deaths in the USA, almost everybody has some immunity... Originally Posted by Tiny
You do recall the CDC came out last year and stated the of covid deaths was ~9K, essentially where the covid was the only listed cause of death. The remainder were people labeled as "unwell" by the CDC. Reminder below

https://eccie.net/showthread.php?p=1...post1062179775

Of course I know the source may be shady, but I'll run with it anyway:

Johns Hopkins: U.S. Death Rate Remains Normal Despite COVID-19

...“The reason we have a higher number of reported COVID-19 deaths among older individuals than younger individuals is simply because every day in the U.S. older individuals die in higher numbers than younger individuals,” Briand said.

Briand also noted that 50,000 to 70,000 deaths are seen both before and after COVID-19, indicating that this number of deaths was normal long before COVID-19 emerged. Therefore, according to Briand, not only has COVID-19 had no effect on the percentage of deaths of older people, but it has also not increased the total number of deaths...

Now, having said that, if you are talking about VAERS deaths, that is an entirely other ball of ear wax.

What I find amusing, is that Fox news has what, 3 million viewers out of 320 million people in the US? And how many of those Fox viewers are so distrustful that they don't vote at all, witness what happened in Georgia.

in primetime, Fox News averaged 2.24 million total viewers, also No. 1 on basic cable. The network also averaged 336,000 adults 25-54 last week, which is No. 7 on basic cable, behind the networks carrying football and holiday-themed programming. Relative to the prior week, Fox shed -5% in average total primetime viewers and -8% in the primetime demo. On a positive note, the network averaged more viewers than CNN and MSNBC combined for the 18th straight week.
On the programming front, Fox News’ The Five was the most-watched cable news show of the week, averaging 3.19 million total viewers in the 5 p.m. hour. The Five has finished No. 1 on cable news in total viewers back-to-back weeks. The panel program ranked No. 2 on cable news in the key A25-54 demo (416,000) behind Tucker Carlson Tonight (481,000). TCT ranked No. 2 last week in total viewers (3.11 million) at 8 p.m. Hannity was third in cable news across the board, averaging 2.63 million viewers and 411,000 in the 25-54 demo. Special Report with Bret Baier was No. 4 on cable news with 2.28 million total viewers and 317,000 A25-54.
So, how to explain how less than 3 million viewers gets Biden an approval rating of 41% or less? How does a blue state like Virginia, turn off Democrats and vote in a Republican Governor? How could less than 3 million voters, some of which I'm sure didn't vote at all carry all this weight? Answer, they can't. This is about what local news is reporting and what voters are seeing, hearing and talking about amongst themselves.

While Fox news is number 1 on cable, it's paltry compared to readers of the Times and Post, CNN, MSDNC, ABC, CBS and NBC combined.

Approx. 20 million viewers on ABC, number one, NBC, number 2 and CBS number 3 and the Post with 356,000 circulation and the Times at 5.5 million subscribers.

And you're telling me that Fox is more influential and has brain washed all these Democrats and Independents, to turn on Biden and the Democrats? Come on man.

This is so much more than being about Fox news, it's about what citizens are seeing and hearing and apparently, they aren't believing what they are hearing and reading on all media besides Fox news.

I mean, I completely understand how this chaps the ass of the Fox haters but one must bring a little common sense into this debate, right?

When Mcauliffe openly stated that parents should have no say on what their children are taught, that wasn't a story made up by or only run on Fox news. Hell, you can bet that many in the MSM never aired that quote and surely didn't spend time debating the merits of what he said.

That was all "instinct". Those parents knew instinctively that this was not the man they wanted Governing their state.
And now, a special counsel ( remember Muller ) has filed an indictment against a close associate of Hillary Clinton and crickets across the MSM with zero reporting the day the indictment came down. How to explain that.

They could have reported "and we don't believe a word of this" but they simply chose to ignore it just like the Hunter Biden laptop story. Why? Because it doesn't fit the narrative they want to portray to their readers and viewers? That's OK because when more people get indicted and the real story starts to appear to even those who would rather not cover the story at all, will be forced to.

When indictments came down for Manafort and Cohen, did the MSM hold their fire? They did not. Trump lawyer gets indicted, front page news. Hillary Clinton lawyer gets indicted, not a word.

Now, we have seen this all play out before as the left here is want to remind us. "You haven't laid a glove on Hillary yet"! Well, actually there is a ton of evidence against Hillary which I and others have presented here with even testimony from James Comey, that Hillary lied under oath to a Congressional Committee and nothing, confirming the idea of a left wing cabal in the Intelligence Agencies ( Clapper and Brennan ) and MSM. She may once again get away with her corruption, an attempt to destroy a democratically elected President, who she and the MSM called "illegitimate", when any illegitimacy was being done by the Democrats but I'd bet that she doesn't get through this one unscathed.