Navy leaders recommend reinstating the Roosevelt captain fired over a virus warning.

Sure Z.....whatever you say...now go deal with that shit.....
  • pxmcc
  • 04-25-2020, 02:10 PM
I hope you're sitting down......OK.......here goes..........I completely agree with you.

The person who fired the captain and then talked shit about him is gone. The captain is headed back to his boat. Problem solved and rectified. Originally Posted by DEAR_JOHN
holy shit. thanks for warning me to sit down. i'm pretty sure i would have fainted otherwise..

one of the great things we have in common, Dear_John, is we both think America is the greatest country in the world. and we need more people like Captain Crozier, who was willing to lose his career to help his men. the email went to navy brass who could help his soldiers, not the press or some left wing outfit. that makes a world of difference.
Sure Z.....whatever you say...now go deal with that shit..... Originally Posted by Russ38
You're cute. Say it with me...Z Z Z...a a a ....hahahaha do you actually think I give a fuck.

#mastermind. ;-)
^^^^^ Phony and fake AF.....
^^^^^ broke as fuck...AF
^^^^ Meltdown coming on....so typically predictable.....
  • pxmcc
  • 04-25-2020, 03:15 PM
gents can we get back on topic? this is about the navy recommending that crozier be reinstated, by the navy's chief of naval operations.
You're cute. Say it with me...Z Z Z...a a a ....hahahaha do you actually think I give a fuck.
;-) Originally Posted by Sistine Chapel
Yes I do....and this post speaks volumes......thancks.
  • R.M.
  • 04-26-2020, 06:29 AM
^^^^^ broke as fuck...AF Originally Posted by Sistine Chapel BannedAgain

Still doesn't know when its a good time to stfu. ^
The military has always been and always will be a place where ethical orders and complex moral issues collide. It's the nature of the beast when humans are responsible for the life and death of other humans.

https://www.usna.edu/Ethics/_files/d...t%20Thomas.pdf
Captain Crozier ignored the Constitutional Paradigm that he was taught in officer training.
https://www.public.navy.mil/netc/nro...0Encl%2008.pdf

https://www.coursehero.com/file/p54n...oyalties-2-If/
Let's say Crozier thought he was following the prescribed method of resolution and he felt that the issue was too important or too immediate to resign as described in principle III.

Principle IV, prerequisite 3. Disobedience is to be done in public He did that..Kind of.

Prerequisite 4. You must be willing to accept the consequences. He put his command are risk. He had to know he was doing that as well.

Modly made a decision that would have been even worse had he not been a civilian. His resignation could not come fast enough. However, Modly's resignation does not exonerate Crozier from his actions. Crozier may be able to assume another command(maybe behind a desk where his decisions can be scrutinized for a while) but it shouldn't be on that ship. If for no other reason his officers would know what he did and that will give room for doubt the next time he issues a "questionable" command. There has to be 100% buy in on all orders or commands. 1 person questions it because of previous transgressions and all hell can break loose. That is no way to operate the most lethal conventional weapon on the planet.

Crozier put the Country, the Navy, the mission, his ship and ultimately the crew at more risk by publicly announcing the that a ship on a patrol mission in a volatile area was operating at less than peak capacity. He apparently made what he felt was the best moral decision to protect his crew but he failed to look at the broader picture and return to the moral compass of the Constitutional paradigm. That's the dilemma and that's why CJCoS wants a thorough investigation before reinstatement is even considered. Anything less would set a precedent that could change the entire ideology/paradigm of moral development in all branches of the military.

https://www.nationalreview.com/2020/04/a-captains-duty/
Crozier put the Country, the Navy, the mission, his ship and ultimately the crew at more risk by publicly announcing the that a ship on a patrol mission in a volatile area was operating at less than peak capacity. He apparently made what he felt was the best moral decision to protect his crew but he failed to look at the broader picture Originally Posted by boardman
^^^^ This statement is a great synopsis of how I’ve felt about the incident since it was made public. I get what he was trying to do....noble or not, in the position of responsibility he was in charge of....proper protocol is set in place for a reason and should have been followed.
  • pxmcc
  • 04-26-2020, 12:51 PM
The military has always been and always will be a place where ethical orders and complex moral issues collide. It's the nature of the beast when humans are responsible for the life and death of other humans.

https://www.usna.edu/Ethics/_files/d...t%20Thomas.pdf
Captain Crozier ignored the Constitutional Paradigm that he was taught in officer training.
https://www.public.navy.mil/netc/nro...0Encl%2008.pdf

https://www.coursehero.com/file/p54n...oyalties-2-If/
Let's say Crozier thought he was following the prescribed method of resolution and he felt that the issue was too important or too immediate to resign as described in principle III.

Principle IV, prerequisite 3. Disobedience is to be done in public He did that..Kind of.

Prerequisite 4. You must be willing to accept the consequences. He put his command are risk. He had to know he was doing that as well.

Modly made a decision that would have been even worse had he not been a civilian. His resignation could not come fast enough. However, Modly's resignation does not exonerate Crozier from his actions. Crozier may be able to assume another command(maybe behind a desk where his decisions can be scrutinized for a while) but it shouldn't be on that ship. If for no other reason his officers would know what he did and that will give room for doubt the next time he issues a "questionable" command. There has to be 100% buy in on all orders or commands. 1 person questions it because of previous transgressions and all hell can break loose. That is no way to operate the most lethal conventional weapon on the planet.

Crozier put the Country, the Navy, the mission, his ship and ultimately the crew at more risk by publicly announcing the that a ship on a patrol mission in a volatile area was operating at less than peak capacity. He apparently made what he felt was the best moral decision to protect his crew but he failed to look at the broader picture and return to the moral compass of the Constitutional paradigm. That's the dilemma and that's why CJCoS wants a thorough investigation before reinstatement is even considered. Anything less would set a precedent that could change the entire ideology/paradigm of moral development in all branches of the military.

https://www.nationalreview.com/2020/04/a-captains-duty/ Originally Posted by boardman
good post Boardman. let me ask you this. suppose you were Captain Crozier, and as you are working your way up the chain of command, your guys are dying. (think cruise ships and aircraft carriers where many people are in close quarters.) what would you do, all things considered? just wait patiently on the chain of command?

also the person who leaked the email to the press is a jackass. only high level brass even received the email. i suspect there was one hater in the bunch who knew that Crozier's command could be jeopardized by publication in the press.
I agree 100% with Cat Daddy
And the best the dems can do is Biden?
No wonder they are so fucked up Originally Posted by tbone2u
+1000

Truer words have never been spoken/typed ....
good post Boardman. let me ask you this. suppose you were Captain Crozier, and as you are working your way up the chain of command, your guys are dying. (think cruise ships and aircraft carriers where many people are in close quarters.) what would you do, all things considered? just wait patiently on the chain of command?

also the person who leaked the email to the press is a jackass. only high level brass even received the email. i suspect there was one hater in the bunch who knew that Crozier's command could be jeopardized by publication in the press. Originally Posted by pxmcc
Shifty Schiff is a leaker too, riiiiight ?

yep, he sho is .