What type of moderation do you feel is needed in upstate?

OSD lol Originally Posted by FlyboyNY
from another thread blue button will take you there
Whatever floats your boat, but to be honest, most people think your being pretty silly. Originally Posted by GP
Happy to entertain ya
Please do what it takes to make gents here happy, no games, set an example as a mod

And be fair and consistent...

Just make these guys smile again and a bit less grouchy, please xo Originally Posted by Frankie Fine
I was intrigued by an out-of-state moderator becoming a moderator for Upstate NY. Not saying that is necessarily bad. I suppose there maybe advantages and disadvantages to that. Disadvantages may be the lack of knowledge of the culture of the advanced civilization of Upstate NY, and who is who among the members. That of course may also be an advantage -- coming in with a clean slate and an objective view without preconceived opinions. I am curious to know how common it is to have moderators from outside the area they are moderating. Is this common, or is this a case of an "intervention" by the national management to put out a fire in Upstate NY? Originally Posted by brasil
That attitude in and of itself is quite refreshing.
I do have a few questions that can be better addressed via PM and I will be sure to take advantage of your offer soon.
Thank You.

And I am enjoying the addition of provider pics in your posts. Originally Posted by Paulwantsya
just ta forward all too the next page per my settings LOL
and
I've been here 1.5 years but only here and I don't know enough to say, beyond that general politeness and responding to emails/pms is a very positive thing. Rooster ignored the most significant PM I have sent any mod (an alert issue long past) but I don't judge him on it, how many pms does a mod get? I've learned that I can just sort of hope that the mods look favorably enough upon me to err in my favor if a review is on the edge, beyond that they're volunteers and there is no point in fucking with them.

Not to pick a scab, Paul's good to have back but I questioned why he'd give mods so much shit because the website is slow? On the other hand, they shouldn't ignore the question. I know that was only part of it. But if the GOBC decides not to share info on eccie, there is going to be a less here to gather, and they've pretty much left. So whatever it takes to keep gents like that active without allowing them to rule the roost, do that.
I am curious to know how common it is to have moderators from outside the area they are moderating. Is this common, or is this a case of an "intervention" by the national management to put out a fire in Upstate NY? Originally Posted by brasil
It is not uncommon. In the not-too-distant past, Upstate NY has had two out-of-state Mods: LAP and KohanaKoa.

I used to moderate for Pennsylvania forums as well.
. I am curious to know how common it is to have moderators from outside the area they are moderating. ? Originally Posted by brasil
As said above, not uncommon at all. I am out in far west Texas and am a Pennsylvania mod and a Houston mod. The2Dogs is in Houston and the other Pennsylvania mod.

I could go on with a number of other examples. I think all of the active forums should have at least one out of area mod. It gives members someone to go to that is not involved with any of the local scene.

Tell gman what you want. As wu said, you are missing an opportunity. ( Shit, here I am agreeing with him again. This has to stop)
I think most of you are I missing an opportunity here...

You've got a moderator who is actively asking for your input on things you'd like to see changed, or kept, when it comes to the act of enforcing the rules around here...

All the joking comments aside, don't let this pass you by, or else you get what is given to you, and you have no choice but to like it...

Carry on... Originally Posted by Wakeuр
As said above, not uncommon at all. I am out in far west Texas and am a Pennsylvania mod and a Houston mod. The2Dogs is in Houston and the other Pennsylvania mod.

I could go on with a number of other examples. I think all of the active forums should have at least one out of area mod. It gives members someone to go to that is not involved with any of the local scene.

Tell gman what you want. As wu said, you are missing an opportunity. ( Shit, here I am agreeing with him again. This has to stop) Originally Posted by Pistolero
Pennsylvania! ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh och, taint that just south of here.
actually just a bump to get more to post here or PM Gman

Pistolero, its ok. we know you love agreeing with wakeup

and again please post or PM MR. G
Pennsylvania! ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh och, taint that just south of here.
actually just a bump to get more to post here or PM Gman

Pistolero, its ok. we know you love agreeing with wakeup

and again please post or PM MR. G Originally Posted by offshoredrilling
I need to hear what long-timers and top posters want. Guys like you.
jack was a damn good mod.

Liked him he did a good job, the mods don't get paid and they have to deal with all our shit

We all like to stir it up on here when its slow, rooster just lost it but maybe he wanted to do that. he was a good mod.

Gp u da man!!!! u doing good.
I need to hear what long-timers and top posters want. Guys like you. Originally Posted by JohnnyCap
Out of area with no skin in the game.
I had two in mind that I posted
got one to volunteer but was not picked
had other in mind
But geniusman was a surprise, and a good one I think.

Let me post latter, I have a need to go out for ya but hope for me.
Please do what it takes to make gents here happy, no games, set an example as a mod

And be fair and consistent...

Just make these guys smile again and a bit less grouchy, please xo Originally Posted by Frankie Fine
Posting taint can make smiles appear and grouchiness go away.

Tell gman what you want. As wu said, you are missing an opportunity. ( Shit, here I am agreeing with him again. This has to stop) Originally Posted by Pistolero

Pistolero is way too humble in his modtarding skills. Just look at the longest welcome thread on icky, http://eccie.net/showthread.php?t=508038 .
I know that was only part of it. But if the GOBC decides not to share info on eccie, there is going to be a less here to gather, and they've pretty much left. So whatever it takes to keep gents like that active [I]without[I] allowing them to rule the roost, do that. Originally Posted by JohnnyCap
Hey JC.
The GOBC has never not shared info here on ECCIE. (Except for me during my vacation... but that was hardly my fault).
There have been instances I'm sure when we have exchanged information on a personal level before sharing on a board wide level , but I'm sure that happens often here with guys PM'ing each other regarding different girls whether they be new or UTR.
I'm not sure why you think any of the GOBC guys have left. I see recent posts from nearly all of them.
We are active, and as uninterested as anyone can imagine in ruling any kind of roost.
I think our reputation is quite inflated... and our exploits are more the collective imaginations of some around here...

Personally, I may start spending more of my free time in deeper (and safer for now) areas of the board. I'll share what I can safely share in the meantime and hope that the situation here improves.
Hey JC.
The GOBC has never not shared info here on ECCIE. (Except for me during my vacation... but that was hardly my fault).
There have been instances I'm sure when we have exchanged information on a personal level before sharing on a board wide level , but I'm sure that happens often here with guys PM'ing each other regarding different girls whether they be new or UTR.
I'm not sure why you think any of the GOBC guys have left. I see recent posts from nearly all of them.
We are active, and as uninterested as anyone can imagine in ruling any kind of roost.
I think our reputation is quite inflated... and our exploits are more the collective imaginations of some around here...

Personally, I may start spending more of my free time in deeper (and safer for now) areas of the board. I'll share what I can safely share in the meantime and hope that the situation here improves. Originally Posted by Paulwantsya
I may well be generalizing on things I don't know for sure, and to straighten it out I'd have to name persons beyond what's appropriate. Let me fix it:

Do whatever it takes to get guys to share without having to go figure out who's who through dozens of handles. Probably asking too much.

As for the Good Old Boys, I probably make too much of XY telling all us lurkers to fuck off. Nonetheless, any info is yours to share or not and I merely suggest mods encourage it. Maybe if GP went to your meetings?
Posting taint can make smiles appear and grouchiness go away. Originally Posted by pyramider
Kinda like magic! Magic Taint!
No, taint magic.
Well, if you're asking and i can toss in my two cents, I would suggest that you be firm, fair and consistent. Welcome to Upstate!