Classic Liberal Thought Process

Apparently without any sense of irony....

Income Inequality Institute Will Pay Paul Krugman $25,000 Per Month

http://gawker.com/income-inequality-...5-0-1563245534

Among the highlights:

"Along with the offer letter, CUNY released dozens of emails between Krugman and university officials. “Perhaps I’m being premature or forward,” the Graduate Center’s President, Chase Robinson, tells Krugman in one of them, “but I wanted you to have no doubt that we can provide not just a platform for public interventions and a stimulating academic community*—especially, as you will know, because of our investments in the study of inequality—but also a relatively comfortable perch.”
Which is undeniably true: $225,000 is more than quadruple New York City’s median household income." Originally Posted by Jewish Lawyer
The true irony is you calling it "liberal". This is just corporate behavior.
This is the same type of sweetheart deal that directors or other board members get by adding their name to the board of directors or letter head.
The true irony is you calling it "liberal". This is just corporate behavior.
This is the same type of sweetheart deal that directors or other board members get by adding their name to the board of directors or letter head. Originally Posted by Munchmasterman
How many for profit corporations set up institutes to study inequality and pay four times the median wage?
Plus, CUNY is a public institution.
While in the course of their business interested in making a profit, I can understand a private company paying a nice wage.
Liberal do gooders should do this kind of deal for minimum wage - then I might believe they are just bullshitting us.