A GOP GOVERNOR WHO COULD RUN AGAINST BILLARY.......

• WTF
  • 12-19-2013, 09:09 AM
All he is trying to do is shift taxes. The question is who will he shift it to? Will he eliminate a progressive tax with a regressive one? In other words are you numbnuts for shifting the income to run the state from the rich to the poor?
Gov. Scott Walker of Wisconsin.....he is talking about abolishing the state income tax.
Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker said that his administration is considering eliminating the state income tax; that is, if his administration can figure out a way to do it.

“There are many states that do very well, better than most states in the country, that have no income taxes,” told local reporters on Monday, according to WisPolitics.com. “That’s one thing for us to look at. Is that feasible? What would that mean in terms of an economic boost? That’s not only for individuals, but small businesses in this state.”
The mere mention of this has got to be driving the left batty in Wisconsin. I bet they wish they could recall him again !

Originally Posted by Whirlaway
Hmmm.....only in the Republican world does this sort of statement instantly qualify you to be a GOP candidate for President. Admittedly, the bar is low....
Attached Images File Type: png rick.idiot.png (68.1 KB, 29 views)
This is just propaganda from the right trying to get elected. It sounds good at face value but they will raise property taxes to replace it. Reckless spending is the problem.
All he is trying to do is shift taxes. The question is who will he shift it to? Will he eliminate a progressive tax with a regressive one? In other words are you numbnuts for shifting the income to run the state from the rich to the poor? Originally Posted by WTF
Them evil rich folks don't buy stuff
The poor poor pitiful poor, always being put upon to bail everyone out....blah blah blah.
Well, I wish the Governor of Texas would consider eliminating the Texas Income Tax, if he could only figure out how to replace the revenues collected by the State from the Texas Income Tax.

You mean you all (in Texas) have been evading your Texas Income Taxes all these years? Originally Posted by LexusLover
True. No state income tax in Texas but higher sales tax rate and higher property tax rate than I was paying in N.Y. And how is Robin Hood doing?
Hmmm.....only in the Republican world does this sort of statement instantly qualify you to be a GOP candidate for President. Admittedly, the bar is low.... Originally Posted by timpage

Didn't I just read a couple of weeks ago one of our lefties say that they thought Obama was a disastor but they would vote for him again just to vex conservatives? You know I did and now we can clearly see the hypocrisy of the left. Of course Scott Walker, Rick Perry, and Bobby Jindal have all done more than just vex the left in their states, they have mades things better for their citizens.
Business pays an "income tax"............it is called a franchise fee tax; net revenue is taxed at a rate of 0.7%..............this tax is levied against almost all businesses operating in texas, including commercial property owners (office buildings, shopping centers, etc.).

http://www.window.state.tx.us/taxinfo/franchise/

True (NO FALSE !!). No state income tax in Texas but higher sales tax rate and higher property tax rate than I was paying in N.Y. And how is Robin Hood doing? Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX
Yes, we have a Franchise Tax on Business in Texas.

But the fact remains that when you add all of the tax burdens placed on citizens and business's up, Texas is still a very economical place to live.

By the way, I own a Business, and my Business does not pay taxes. My customers pay those taxes.
  • Old-T
  • 12-20-2013, 08:13 AM
Of course Scott Walker, Rick Perry, and Bobby Jindal have all done more than just vex the left in their states, they have mades things better for their citizens. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
This is the lie both sides tell, though the RW tends to shout it louder and more often.

There are very few things that actually "make things better for their citizens". Almost everything makes things better for one group of citizens at the expense of another group. Unless we do find an infinite source of free resources it will always be so. The basic problem with the wackos on both sides is their belief that what THEY deem is "better" is a universal belief.

JD, all you can really say is that Walker, Perry, et.al., have benefitted people like you, who believe in your priorities, and who want the world to be as you think it should be. That is not "all the citizens". There is no "all the citizens". You certainly do not represent what my priorities are--nor based upon the past six years of votes, the majority views (which are quite different from mine as well).

• Old-T
  • 12-20-2013, 08:15 AM
By the way, I own a Business, and my Business does not pay taxes. My customers pay those taxes. Originally Posted by Jackie S
As is true almost universally, no?