Game of Thrones

• Trey
  • 05-01-2012, 10:54 AM
Is each season completing one book at a time?
Dunno. Season two is only four or five episodes into it. But they did end season one at the close of the first book.
If they have only ten episodes in Season 2 like they did Season 1, then yeah, this season should end pretty much at the end of Clash of Kings...things are going to get real interesting in the next two to three episodes if that's the case, and the last or second to last episode should be a blockbuster...
I LOVE this show! Gonna get the novels soon!
They're taking way too many liberties with the storylines this season...this episode was the worst so far where that's concerned...
They're taking way too many liberties with the storylines this season...this episode was the worst so far where that's concerned... Originally Posted by Wakeuр
Agreed.

For me, it's not like sacrilege or anything, I just think so many changes aren't really necessary. The source material is powerful enough.

But the changes do add an element of surprise, even for the ice and fire geeks, and that's kinda cool, I guess.

I really enjoyed Theon in this episode. That Alfie Allen kid is just perfect so far this season. I nearly shed a tear during that fucked up beheading. And not for Ser Rodrik.

And, yay naked Osha! Sexiest wildling ever. Well, second sexiest... I'm partial to redheads.
Well, it looks like Theon GreyJoy is taking this "prince" shit pretty serious.
Last night's was a pretty good episode. One telling fact sure came out. In a street brawl, you definetally want "The Hound' on your side.

I have a question. Where was Braum when everybody was attacked by that street mob? His primary function is to protect Tyrion Lannister.
Bronn...he was there in the books...

And his actions during the riots, and later, with people who were attacked during the riots, and Cersei, are very interesting parts of the books which will now be completely untold because of what was left out of the riots, what was completely messed up about Shae's position, and the aftermath that was glossed over.

As I said, it's starting to piss me off.
  • Trey
  • 05-07-2012, 11:49 AM
Hollywood will always put a spin on a book. Why that lady didnt keep her dragons in a better spot I dont know I thought to myself someone there was going to steal that shit.
I just don't know what to make of season 2, it's frustrated me quite a bit, Definitely enjoyed season 1 more.
I don't exactly mind the liberties they're taking, but things do seem to be progressing at a snail's pace. Season 2 may end up being kind of a place holder... which sucks, cause based on the books, 3 will be pretty awesome, but 4 and 5 weren't my faves.
Placeholder? You haven't even seen the biggest part of season 2 yet. That shouldn't be till the last or second to last episode.
Wakeup, I agree with you. And that's what kinda tweaks me a bit. I'm sure I'll love those two eps, but I don't want to have to wade through 7 or 8 before I get into it every season. The cast and story are too strong to have episodes that just kinda leave you "meh". Don't get me wrong, buildup is fine. I'm just saying, I think it could be a bit more cohesive.
I saw the fourth episode and all the "liberties" they're taking and just quit. Fuck I'm halfway through "a feast for crows" so I don't have to wait each week to see what happens next. But then again I'm not like most plebeians and keep myself glued to a boob tube.
Did they completely cut Jojen and his sister out?