Facebook outs sex workers.

Facebook is for assholes and jagoffs
OR just not be ON Facebook..!!
OK, first, staying off FB and all other social media could work to reduce hobby risks.

But it is almost too late, esp. if you have a RW professional life since Linked-In and other sites apparently coordinate either directly or indirectly through other cooperating sites, media, etc.

It is only a matter of time before it becomes known exactly how much FB "partners" and advertisers and other yet to be made known entities cooperate and coordinate with each other.

Worse, lets say you are not on FB but your spouse is. Even if you both use separate hardware, but you both use the same ISP, bingo! There is a now a tenuous connection to whatever media you frequent...and entirely likely a distant FB to your s.o. gets a "you might be connected" to Xxx and lets say Xxx is someone or something you don't want her to see. And you don't want Xxx sending anything to your s.o., either.

Even with two different ISPs into home and different cell phone providers may not be enough ... per the "rule of six degrees of separation," even just using out of home wi-fi locations, your hardware(s)' innards can give you away.

Androids use Google Chrome browsers, which can routinely harvest your internal contacts and bwrosing history.

iPhones are all in communication via icloud and often can be with each other depending on security settings.

Much as I hate to say this, unless we can reduce our hobbying profiles on our devices and electronic suppliers, the end result of technology is simply more risk, not more security.

Happy Hobbying!
Just posting to say I'm so fucking glad that this delay thing is over
I saw this article the other day too and wondered about the same how/where pymk gets loaded onto your profile. I have not had it happen to me....yet. I use separate devices for RW and hobby world, RW device is turned off when I go to a appointment and stays off until I'm on the road again.
^^^

Just continue with your current activities.

Never ever click on a FB link, because if you do, you have started an FB IP trail.
Eventually you're going to be a friend of someone in the world of six degrees of separation.
I'm surprised none of you mentioned your device's NIC MAC address.

That, varying IP, varying gps data, and logins for apps and emails, basically builds the matrix that links everyone together.

That facebook comment of them not using gps info for pymk is bull fucking shit.