What Makes People Vote Republican?

Why NOT, sissy chump...

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...a/#more-124427

Mexico and Canada Announce Willingness to Renegotiate NAFTA…

Posted on November 10, 2016 by sundance

Remember what we shared yesterday, it underpins every forward action and behavior. If you don’t understand it – you will be lost over the next several years.

Donald Trump is not yet president, and yet within 24 hours of winning the election both Mexico (link) and Canada (link) announce they are willing to begin renegotiation’s of the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA).

Trump: And who’s gonna pay for that wall?
Crowd: MEXICO !
Trump: 100% folks, 100% !

This is EXACTLY what happens when you put a Titan of Industry back in charge of the biggest economy in the world. As a non-politician industrialist Donald Trump has said for decades, the U.S. holds all the leverage in these negotiations. He’s right.

American capitalists and workers are about to see just how powerful that leverage is. Remember, Trump’s economic platform -and his plan to save SSI and retiree benefits- is founded upon the U.S. economic engine working at 4%+ GDP growth.

He will drive that number much, much, higher. “Believe me“.

There’s going to be a re-writing of every economic text book with Trump-economics as the key chapter to understand these moments in our nations history. We are on the cusp of witnessing one of the greatest economic upswings in American history.

Additionally, Wall Street’s primary legislative mouthpieces, Mitch McConnell (R) and Chuck Schumer (D), just acquiesced and admitted the Trans-Pacific Partnership is dead (link).

The U.S. Crony Capitalistic Chamber of Commerce, President Tom Donohue, spent over $300 million buying congress and labor union leadership on the TPP deal.

Just that quick, *poof*, $300,000,000 in Wall Street lobbying money evaporates.

And he’s not even in office yet.

Do you still doubt the predictions about the hundreds of abandoned lobbyist office spaces on K-Street?… Keep watching.

See how that works.

‘Merica !

Remember:

Florida Power and Light won the prestigious International Edward Demming award for excellence in multi-platform engineering and efficiency superiority. They didn’t blow every PhD intellectual out of the water with slide rules, CAD programs and engineering acumen. They did it with hard hats and dirty fingernails.
Because they lost the award, the Japanese spent 6 months studying FPL and later published a 1,000 page dissertation essentially saying FPL “wasn’t really good, they were just lucky”….. FPL field leadership laughed, took out markers and wrote on the back of their hard hats: “WE’RE NOT GOOD, WE’RE RUCKY”….

When every single Kuwaiti oil field was blown up by Saddam Hussein, they said it would take 5 years to cap them all off and restart their oil pumping industry. The Kuwaiti’s and Saudi’s called Texans, who had them all capped and back in working order in 10 months.
We are a nation that knows how to get shit done.

When the Northern Chile mine workers were trapped two miles underground, they said no-one could save them. Who did they call for help? A bunch of hick miners from USA coal country who went down there, worked on the fly, engineered the rescue equipment on site, and saved everyone of them….
That’s our America.

When a half-breed Islamic whack job, armed with an AK-47 and a goal to meet his seven virgins, began opening fire on a train in France, the Americans on board didn’t run to the nearest safe room and hide themselves amid baguettes and brie. They said “let’s go”, and beat the stuffing out of that little nut with a death wish.

Legion d’Honneur or not, that’s us. That’s just how we roll.

Lady Liberty can stroll along the Champs-Elysées with a swagger befitting Mae West because without her arrival they’d be speaking German in the Louvre. Yet for the better part of the past decade a group of intellectual something-or-others have been teaching an insufferable storyline that it’s better to be sitting around a campfire eating sustainable algae cakes and picking parasites off each other.

Enough.

When I hear Donald Trump say “Let’s Make America Great Again”, I also hear the familiar echo “cowboy up” people.

It’s high time we stop being embarrassed about our exceptional nature, and start being proud of it again. Because when it matters most, when it really counts, when it’s really needed, there’s a whole bunch of people all around this world of ours that are mighty happy when swagger walks in to solve their problems.

Yeah, “let’s make America great again”. Swagger on !

Is the Cocksucker gone? Like Asswipe? Cocksuckers.
  • DSK
  • 11-10-2016, 09:14 PM
I am pushing 70, so I might be in the same age group as your parents.
I too am fiscally conservative and moderate to liberal socially.

I work hard for my money and want to keep as much of it as possible.
I believe people who work should live better than those that are able but won't.
I believe that left unchecked, Government will continually suppress the
Population to a breaking point. Our Constitution, especially The Bill of Rights, is the closest thing we have to a sacred document, and should defended at all cost.

I believe that what two adults do in a consenting relationship is nobodies
business but their own.
I believe that marriage is in reality a legal contract between two people, and if
two people wish to enter into that legal contract knowing the legal commitment involved, they should be allowed to.
I believe the "war on drugs" is a failure. There has to be a better way.
I believe we need to stop sending our young men and women off to wars to fight other people's fights.

Where I do disagree with the liberal social mindset is abortion. The fact is, we
use abortion as birth controle, since by the government's own statistics, 98 percent of all abortions are considered convienience abortions.
While I am not a religious person, there is something inherently wrong with that. Originally Posted by Jackie S
Who says marriage needs to only be between 2 people?
  • DSK
  • 11-10-2016, 09:17 PM
Interesting read. Non-biased and seemingly accurate article. At least now I know why.

https://www.edge.org/conversation/jo...ote-republican Originally Posted by Sistine Chapel
Non biased and seemingly accurate - LOL.
  • 2dogs
  • 11-10-2016, 09:55 PM
You probably didnt even vote along with all the cry babies wandering into the highway (to protest since you're slow)refusing to accept reality.
Who says marriage needs to only be between 2 people? Originally Posted by DSK
What else would you marry other than another person?

Jim
  • DSK
  • 11-11-2016, 05:37 AM
What else would you marry other than another person?

Jim Originally Posted by Mr MojoRisin
I could use a pretty second wife.

I'm proposing polygamy under the mantle of freedom to marry. If faggots can marry other faggots under that concept, why shouldn't I be free to choose how many wives I want?
I could use a pretty second wife.

I'm proposing polygamy under the mantle of freedom to marry. If faggots can marry other faggots under that concept, why shouldn't I be free to choose how many wives I want? Originally Posted by DSK
Oh ok. I was a bit worried there for a moment, lol.

Jim
A study like that has the conclusion before gathering data. So, they search for data that supports the theory.

My response is, if you are really interested in the question, is to lok back into the history of thought and political organization. A suggested reading would be a book by Benjamin Wiker. Title: 10 Books Every Conservative Must Read. It clarifies much in answer to your question...like...

* how the United States is following what Friedrich Hayek warned was The Road to Serfdom
* why The Federalist Papers offer less help to us today than The Anti-Federalists
* how Alexis de Tocqueville predicted Americans could fall prey to a politician like Obama
* why Shakespeare was a conservative—and what he has to teach us
* how “family values” conservatism began with Aristotle in the 4th century B.C.
* the evil roots of liberalism: you’ll find them in Ancient Greece and in a Christian heresy
* why J. R. R. Tolkien’s Lord of the Rings is essential conservative reading—and why Ayn Rand’s Atlas Shrugged isn’t

Good luck, you probably won't like what you read
Interesting read. Non-biased and seemingly accurate article... Originally Posted by Sistine Chapel
A "non-biased" and "seemingly accurate" article? Oh, my! The mind boggles when considering what you might consider a "biased" article!"

This excerpt is especially humorous:

"Democrats, in contrast, appeal to reason with their long-winded explorations of policy options for a complex world." (End of excerpt.)

LOL! Do they mean things like the mind-numbingly complex, horrific clusterfuck that answers to the name of Obamacare? Or how about Dodd-Frank? Is that long-winded enough for you Professor Gruber acolytes?

Hahahahaha.... I love the way the dimotards don't get it! They keep looking down their noses at anyone who doesn't vote according to their script - even going so far as to claim such voters are too stupid to vote for their own self-interests! Originally Posted by lustylad
As if right on cue, comes now Wendy Davis, 2014 Democratic Texas gubernatorial candidate:

From the Fort Worth Star-Telegram:

Wendy Davis: Trump benefited from ‘under-educated’ voters

By Ryan Osbornerosborne@star-telegram.com

Wendy Davis, the former Democratic state senator and gubernatorial candidate from Fort Worth, believes there is a deeper reason Texas stayed red in Tuesday’s election, even as most of its urban areas voted for Hillary Clinton.

“Let’s face it, Republicans were rewarded by an undereducated electorate,” Davis told the Texas Standard, a public radio program, on Thursday. “And I don’t think it’s too cynical to say that the true right-wing conspiracy in this country is the undereducation of the populace. It has benefited them and it is not an accidental outcome.”

Tarrant was the only urban county in Texas that President-elect Donald Trump won Tuesday. He received 41 percent of votes or less in Harris, Travis, Dallas, Bexar and El Paso counties.

“What we see really is a state with two highly different populations,” Davis told the radio show. (End of article.)

Way to go, Wendy! I'm sure very few uneducated, stupid voters cast ballots for Obama or Hillary. And self-serving teachers' unions, to which your party gives uncompromising support, have nothing to do with the deteriorating status of our public education system, do they?

Wendy, why not just go all-in and call people with whom you disagree a "basket of deplorables?"

I hear that's a winning campaign strategy!
  • DSK
  • 11-11-2016, 12:31 PM
A "non-biased" and "seemingly accurate" article? Oh, my! The mind boggles when considering what you might consider a "biased" article!"

This excerpt is especially humorous:

"Democrats, in contrast, appeal to reason with their long-winded explorations of policy options for a complex world." (End of excerpt.)

LOL! Do they mean things like the mind-numbingly complex, horrific clusterfuck that answers to the name of Obamacare? Or how about Dodd-Frank? Is that long-winded enough for you Professor Gruber acolytes?

As if right on cue, comes now Wendy Davis, 2014 Democratic Texas gubernatorial candidate:

From the Fort Worth Star-Telegram:

Wendy Davis: Trump benefited from ‘under-educated’ voters

By Ryan Osbornerosborne@star-telegram.com

Wendy Davis, the former Democratic state senator and gubernatorial candidate from Fort Worth, believes there is a deeper reason Texas stayed red in Tuesday’s election, even as most of its urban areas voted for Hillary Clinton.

“Let’s face it, Republicans were rewarded by an undereducated electorate,” Davis told the Texas Standard, a public radio program, on Thursday. “And I don’t think it’s too cynical to say that the true right-wing conspiracy in this country is the undereducation of the populace. It has benefited them and it is not an accidental outcome.”

Tarrant was the only urban county in Texas that President-elect Donald Trump won Tuesday. He received 41 percent of votes or less in Harris, Travis, Dallas, Bexar and El Paso counties.

“What we see really is a state with two highly different populations,” Davis told the radio show. (End of article.)

Way to go, Wendy! I'm sure very few uneducated, stupid voters cast ballots for Obama or Hillary. And self-serving teachers' unions, to which your party gives uncompromising support, have nothing to do with the deteriorating status of our public education system, do they?

Wendy, why not just go all-in and call everyone with whom you disagree a "basket of deplorables?"

I hear that's a winning campaign strategy!
. Originally Posted by CaptainMidnight
They never seem to mention all those convicted felons who want to vote for them by a large margin - why aren't they deplorable?
The good Cap'n Midnight wins this one. Fisting Chaps, pay attention.
In terms of socio-economics, the philosophical contrast is as follows:

Republicans follow a 'transaction model'. Namely a voluntary exchange of money for goods or services (i.e. labor) between free persons. Contracts (whether verbal or written) voluntarily entered into by free persons. Economic independence. The profit motive serves to energize 'animal spirits' to encourage thrift, innovation, and hard work. Individuals are left to freely make choices re their life without requesting permission from the sovereign (or a bureacracy).

Democrats seem to favor a 'taking model'. They take (taxes) and redistribute largesse in order to buy votes. The more that folks become dependent on state largesse, the more they become serfs of the state. Dependency becomes habitual, which becomes destiny. Dependency becomes servitude. Further, human nature being what it is, the more you subsidize something -- in this case, financial servitude -- the more you get of that something. Thrift, innovation, effort shrivel. Otherwise productive people (who get up and go to work) eventually feel like saps. After all, they keep paying ever more to 'the neighbors' who receive govt assistance for doing nothing.

Aggregating ever more power to the state ultimately leads to an UNfree society, pharaohism, Caesarism, statism. That is contrary to liberty. Which is why the Dem elites like gun control. They want a monopoly on the weapons of deadly force to gut any resistance against statism.
What made me vote Republican this time, first time in my entire life, was the Democrat who ran.
What made me vote Republican this time, first time in my entire life, was the Democrat who ran. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
And if the Dems don't field some candidates that deserve to be elected they will never regain any stature. The quicksand created by the Liberals is quickly swallowing them up, and their whining, whimpering, blubbering is showing who they really are inside.

Here are the "deplorables":