9 - Lees Summit - Blue Springs, MO
10 - Lenexa, KS
11 - Liberty, MO
12 - Olathe, KS
13 - Overland Park, KS
14 - Platte City, MO
15 - Shawnee Mission, KS
16 - Sports Complex - Independence

please no specific locations. its not safe for either member to give that much detail
Say, Top Notch:

I like you, and you are OK. BUT, "....across the street from William Chrisman...." is way too much information. Just my opinion, but that information can come later. There is a lot of risk for the hobby for both the girls and the boys.

I think you have met one strange guy here already. You don't want him showing up without an invitation. You don't have to see anyone you don't want to.

JR
A lot of good thoughts here for sure . I agree that a general location that identifies which part of which area is enough for me to work with. I merely wish to know which area to be in, and get the specifics when the lady wishes to tell me , close to the meeting time .
Say, Top Notch:

I like you, and you are OK. BUT, "....across the street from William Chrisman...." is way too much information. Just my opinion, but that information can come later. There is a lot of risk for the hobby for both the girls and the boys.

I think you have met one strange guy here already. You don't want him showing up without an invitation. You don't have to see anyone you don't want to.

JR Originally Posted by JRLawrence
Across the street from Chrisman was not exactly literal...It's the general area
Across the street from Chrisman is actually a strip mall
Thanks for the concern, though
  • rayc
  • 08-08-2010, 07:45 PM
Definitely against specifics of course. But, a general area is a good thing. Even just crossing Wichita might take 20 minutes, so a "west side/SE/near airport" or something that might cut that down to 10 minutes or less of wiggle room in travel time helps. That's my opinion anyway. I wouldn't be bothered by seeing something as simple a "north wichita" in a review.
Omahan's formula is probably the most useful without being precise.

Two enduring questions involved with incall, and they won't matter the same way to all hobbyists: How far do I have to drive, and what neighborhood is that near? We're not discussing outcall only providers, but they have a similar problem.
  • Bubba
  • 08-09-2010, 07:42 AM
Ok guys here is where I am at with this...

I like Fritz's thoughts on this:

For Kansas City, MO:
East - east of the Plaza/Downtown/Crown Center area
North - north of the river to Barry Road
Airport - north of Barry Road to Platte City
West - Westport area to StateLine Road
South - south of the Plaza/Downtown/Crown Center area (includes the triangle area, Bannister Road and 435 strips)
Central - Plaza/Crown Center/Downtown

For Kansas City, KS
East - east of I-635 to the State Line
West - west of I-635 but east of the Speedway area
Speedway - self-explanatory

For city.....put KCMO or KCK...then either next to that or in the address line put one of the identifiers used above.

This isn't going to be a new "rule" but it is what will be suggested you guys use. If a lady asks to have the "location" for a review of her be modified this is what I will use.

I will give this thread a bit more time....later today, maybe tomorrow to hear more feedback. Once a decision is made I will stick a post with the list at the top of each of the reviews sections.

Thanks for all of the great feedback!!
I like to know a general area, as close as i can possibly get without revealing the destination. Within a mile or two is good enough. Why? Honestly, I just want to know how far I'm going to have to drive to see them. Some areas honestly suck to drive out to... If it reads KCI, Airport, north of the river... I don't care how hot you are, I'm not going to want to spend over half an hour in a car to spend some time with you when there are attractive ladies a lot closer.

Typically when it comes to writing locations in reviews, I always make a point to inform them that I am a member and that I may post a review and should I do so if there is anything they do not want me to mention. Sometimes it is personal information we've discussed in our friendly chat before/after our meeting other times they ask me to be as vague as possible in providing a glimpse into where they are staying.

At any rate, I've been happy to accomodate them.
Using West in KS and West in MO to mean two different things, it can be confusing.

I use five locations:
- KC Metro Central
- KC Metro North
- KC Metro South
- KC Metro East
- KC Metro West

KC Metro Central would mean about a 15 minute radius centered between downtown and the Plaza. The circle is several miles inside the 435 loop. Then draw a line exactly SW, SE, NE, and NW from that circle to divide N, S, E, and W zones. If it's too close to a line and I can't decide between S or E (for example), then I might use "KC Metro SE".

That gets you within about 15 minutes of the provider which should be good enough for review purposes, but not too specific.
  • Bubba
  • 08-09-2010, 02:58 PM
I knew this wouldn't be easy.....LOL!!
I mostly agree with BB. "West" MO is actually east of "East" KS. I'd prefer to base location on the metro area as a whole, not split by state line.

However, BBs suggestion seems too simple (as opposed to the one I referenced which is too complex).

What's wrong with just saying the name of the suburb or neighborhood? Gladstone, Independence, KCK, Grandview, etc...
I knew this wouldn't be easy.....LOL!! Originally Posted by Bubba
I agree. Screw it, I'm going to make this easy. I'll just give the exact GPS coordinates of where I visit.
I like to know a general area, as close as i can possibly get without revealing the destination. Within a mile or two is good enough. Why? Honestly, I just want to know how far I'm going to have to drive to see them. Some areas honestly suck to drive out to... If it reads KCI, Airport, north of the river... I don't care how hot you are, I'm not going to want to spend over half an hour in a car to spend some time with you when there are attractive ladies a lot closer.

Typically when it comes to writing locations in reviews, I always make a point to inform them that I am a member and that I may post a review and should I do so if there is anything they do not want me to mention. Sometimes it is personal information we've discussed in our friendly chat before/after our meeting other times they ask me to be as vague as possible in providing a glimpse into where they are staying.

At any rate, I've been happy to accomodate them. Originally Posted by FireSerpent
well geez 30 min. really isnt that much time is it? lol especially when its more than worth it!!!
well geez 30 min. really isnt that much time is it? lol especially when its more than worth it!!! Originally Posted by TINAMONET

it is if your already traveling 45 min to get to lees summit.

i like the north south east west and central but i would add far to thr extreamitys like far south would include harrisonville and far east would be blue springs etc