Veterans Day Specials

Thank you Tara! Originally Posted by lda523287
Your welcome
I want to preface my remarks with the fact I'm a vet. There is something about asking for a discount that doesn't sit right with me. It seems tacky. It was something we did for many varied reasons and now we want a few dollars off? It seems to cheaper everything to me. I appreciate the sentiment behind providers who offer. I'd probably take it if a provider offers, but I'd never go asking.
Nice but it is DD214. Mine is on parchment. It has a nice George Washington signature. Originally Posted by OldLRRP
Thanks for correcting the typo! And thank you for your services to our country!
I want to preface my remarks with the fact I'm a vet. There is something about asking for a discount that doesn't sit right with me. It seems tacky. It was something we did for many varied reasons and now we want a few dollars off? It seems to cheaper everything to me. I appreciate the sentiment behind providers who offer. I'd probably take it if a provider offers, but I'd never go asking. Originally Posted by slowmover
I want to preface my remarks with the fact I'm a vet. There is something about asking for a discount that doesn't sit right with me. It seems tacky. It was something we did for many varied reasons and now we want a few dollars off? It seems to cheapen everything to me. I appreciate the sentiment behind providers who offer. I'd probably take it if a provider offers, but I'd never go asking. Originally Posted by slowmover
Exactly. Thank you.
  • EZ.
  • 11-08-2014, 09:52 AM
I want to preface my remarks with the fact I'm a vet. There is something about asking for a discount that doesn't sit right with me. It seems tacky. It was something we did for many varied reasons and now we want a few dollars off? It seems to cheaper everything to me. I appreciate the sentiment behind providers who offer. I'd probably take it if a provider offers, but I'd never go asking. Originally Posted by slowmover
Amen. I was drafted. One thing that is common among combat veterans is the feeling of guilt from surviving while your buddies didn't. It is the very reason why I don't put the (free) purple heart tags on my vehicles.
Edit by VS
  • EZ.
  • 11-08-2014, 11:02 AM
Posting PM's is in poor taste.
Darn OldLRRP,
I thought I had it made since Grant signed mine.
Posting PM's is in poor taste. Originally Posted by OldLRRP
it maybe poor taste and i would bring it down if i could. I just simply responded this way cause i saw no reason for this person to send what they did send to me. i never wished to contact them in the first place.

I could see if i had contacted her for a session yeah but i dont even know who she is. Or why she felt it was necessary to send me this pm.

I am moving on from this i say to you wonderful ladies that are providers that enjoy what you do a thank you for your service to us clients.
Duthgar, disclosing information from a PM is in violation of Eccie guidlines as it is intended to remain private. While I agree that it would appear to be an unprovoked response, we are not privy to both sides of the conversation. Best to handle any issues you have directly with her.
Duthgar, disclosing information from a PM is in violation of Eccie guidlines as it is intended to remain private. While I agree that it would appear to be an unprovoked response, we are not privy to both sides of the conversation. Best to handle any issues you have directly with her. Originally Posted by daty/o
i dont know how to delete it... =/

just sent a pm to a mod hope he fixes it soon
  • EZ.
  • 11-08-2014, 04:07 PM
Darn OldLRRP,
I thought I had it made since Grant signed mine. Originally Posted by luv2rimgirlsdfw
We're a couple of old bastards still trying to hit it.
I appreciate this sentiment so much I try not to patronize places that offer veteran's discounts. There's no good way to say it; do I not appreciate those who made the world of today possible? No, I do, but the service is worth less when it was done for financial gain, and that isn't just the perspective of a few. Drafted, died, fought, god bless you. Went to school, worked for the military in an office, asking for discounts, get in line with the rest of us.

Why should I pay more at Lowe's than a dentist that worked at Fort Bragg?

Thank you for posting a different opinion.
Amen. I was drafted. One thing that is common among combat veterans is the feeling of guilt from surviving while your buddies didn't. It is the very reason why I don't put the (free) purple heart tags on my vehicles. Originally Posted by OldLRRP
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
THIS (in spades)

What I wouldn't give to get even one back . . .
Loss suffered 42 years ago as fresh as yesterday in my mind