Schumer says 'nothing is off the table next year' if GOP pushes through Supreme Court nominee: Report

Back to original topic - Schumer is threatening about what will happen 'when Biden wins' - to pack the SC with radicals.

Anyone that thinks for a moment that if Trump folds - and does not nominate a justice - that Schumer will hold off - is a certifiable insane idiot.

[ Originally Posted by oeb11
schumer has to toe the line or in a bit of role reversal aoc might drop a house on him
  • oeb11
  • 09-20-2020, 11:08 AM
Trump should give AOC a shower!
dems and the writer have convenient amnesia on what they did to bush41 in 1992 election year on judicial nominations. Dems parked them so Clinton if elected got to nominate them, instead of bush41.

now they're outraged that the republicans were going to do them twice!

shockingly unprecedented!!! lol!

they are tactically stupid for making those moves without considering the consequences. I guess they thought the republicans were like a carpet to be walked all over.

stick it to them. Dems would have done the same.
Tell Schmuckmer that nothing is off the table now, so he will just have to play catch up. Forward into the storm. Charge!
I'm looking forward to seeing Schmucker blubbering again like a baby!

Nothing like a snot filled mask!
AOC a golden shower LOL , Remember "at all cost"
I'm ok with this if the senate gets rid of the filibuster. its not part of the constitution, but its just a senate rule that had noble intentions behind it which has backfired.
Also the judge vote can go to the senate the hearing are not part of the constitution
  • oeb11
  • 09-22-2020, 10:38 AM
(DPST 'splody heads need not try to read this - it is incomprehensible to those dedicated to violent marxist revolution)

RD - Article 2 of the Constitution states"

Article. II.

Section. 1.
The executive Power shall be vested in a President of the United States of America. He shall hold his Office during the Term of four Years.... Section. 2.
The President shall be Commander in Chief of the Army and Navy of the United States, and of the Militia of the several States, when called into the actual Service of the United States; he may require the Opinion, in writing, of the principal Officer in each of the executive Departments, upon any Subject relating to the Duties of their respective Offices, and he shall have Power to grant Reprieves and Pardons for Offences against the United States, except in Cases of Impeachment.
He shall have Power, by and with the Advice and Consent of the Senate, to make Treaties, provided two thirds of the Senators present concur; and he shall nominate, and by and with the Advice and Consent of the Senate, shall appoint Ambassadors, other public Ministers and Consuls, Judges of the supreme Court, and all other Officers of the United States, whose Appointments are not herein otherwise provided for, and which shall be established by Law: but the Congress may by Law vest the Appointment of such inferior Officers, as they think proper, in the President alone, in the Courts of Law, or in the Heads of Departments.

SC justices are selected with the 'Advice and Consent" of the senate - which makes the 'hearings' likely required for a nomination.

I am not a lawyer - just my thought.
He is Based AF and a mighty fine troller

• oeb11
  • 09-22-2020, 10:44 AM
Do i hear DPST heads exploding???
One requirement to be a DPST - an absolute lack of any sense of humor!!!

has anyone , ever - seen Pelosi, Schumer, Bernie, Feinstein, , orAOC EVER LAUGH????
NEVER!

has anyone , ever - seen Pelosi, Schumer, Bernie, Feinstein, , orAOC EVER LAUGH????
NEVER! Originally Posted by oeb11
but they do have condescending smiles
okay. i didn't make a big search of it but that sounds reasonable given the whole checks and balances thingy. while federal judges have been removed far as i know no supreme court justice has ever been removed and since Ruthie was a darling of the liberal left and the Dems control Congress you'd never have the votes to get it to the Senate.

and to be fair to Ruthie on what grounds? so she was a liberal. that's an ideology not an impeachable offense. of course impeaching Trump was purely political. Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid

And Pelosi is suggesting that Trump might be impeached for his ideology as a way of stalling the nominating process. Tie up the Senate with an impeachment trial. Yeah, that's the ticket out of this. Go for it.
I have seen Kamal-toe Harris laugh. Though, oddly, after she tells a sad tale. She has serious mental issues that have resulted in her personality (affected) disorder. Really strange behavior.

Do i hear DPST heads exploding???
One requirement to be a DPST - an absolute lack of any sense of humor!!!

NEVER! Originally Posted by oeb11
And Pelosi is suggesting that Trump might be impeached for his ideology as a way of stalling the nominating process. Tie up the Senate with an impeachment trial. Yeah, that's the ticket out of this. Go for it. Originally Posted by HedonistForever

if she tries that then Mitch will crack his majority whip in the Senate and dismiss it outright and i don't think even Mitt and Collins and Murkowski would go against him. at least two of them are indicating they would vote for a justice prior to the election because they know it is the right of the sitting president to do so and they are well aware that the Democrats began this type of stall tactic long before we got here in 2020. and not that i think Biden will win but if he does the Republicans know they have a shot to place a justice on the court now before the election and should not pass it up.

Mitch considered a dismissal vote over this Ukraine bullshit but didn't in part because he knew there wasn't any real chance that Trump would be impeached, not because the Republicans somehow shirked their duty (here's poking a stick in yer eye ecky9.5k) but because there simply wasn't anything impeachable to it and it was politically smarter to let the Democrats bring a .. trumped up case for impeachment.

interesting than nothing from Bobbo the Hut Mueller's vast investigation was deemed worthy of impeachment. not russkie collusion, not emoluments, not obstruction of justice, nothing.