American Exceptionalism is Arrogance

American Exceptionalism

....how you think half the country is a lazy bunch of rif-raf yet the country is so exceptional.
Originally Posted by WTF
What is "exceptional" about the USA ..

has to do with the FACT that so few are allowed the freedom to earn and pay taxes to support that "lazy bunch of rif-raf," and

at the same time be so tolerant as to allow you to post the bullshit you want to post !!!
Typical WTF bullshit......contradicts himself in the same short sentence - he says America is in decline and America isn't in decline...............!

American Exceptionalism is rooted in it's natural resources. Without this new shale play we were headed foe the way of Rome and England. Still are, some on here just do not understand history and the projections of empires. Originally Posted by WTF
In one of his books, author Stephen Ambrose related an anecdotal tale about a bit of graffiti other soldiers saw at Normandy in June, 1944. Some unknown dogface had scratched a message into the concrete of Hitler's "Atlantic Wall." In essence, the message read:

"I was sent here in 1917, and I have returned in 1944. Don't make me come back again."

What other nation, other than the U.S., could have answered those calls for action?
What is "exceptional" about the USA ..

has to do with the FACT that so few are allowed the freedom to earn and pay taxes to support that "lazy bunch of rif-raf," and

at the same time be so tolerant as to allow you to post the bullshit you want to post !!! Originally Posted by LexusLover
That cuts both ways, LL
That cuts both ways, LL Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
I'm not the one criticizing this country or bragging about it.

We are an exceptional country and it has nothing to do with "natural resources" unless one desires to consider the people as a natural resource.

There are countries with more "natural resource" wealth than we have had, but are far less generous and resilient. As a whole we are good and play an important role in helping people around the world, even when they burn our flag, spit on us, and ridicule us. Unfortunately, as is often the case, the folks one helps the most are the ones who hurt us the most. Personally, I believe that needs to change. But believing it doesn't make it change.

I am glad there are "rules of engagement" outside of this board to "regulate" the discourse. I do not consider the "panel of experts" pissing contests on the "round table" discussions as "news" or "information" or "entertainment" ... I'm interested in NEWS (which is FACTS) AND not someone asshole's opinion about what happened, why it happened, and/or what someone was THINKING when it happened... and most importantly what "COULD HAVE HAPPENED" had ..

X,Y, or Z been the reality.
In one of his books, author Stephen Ambrose related an anecdotal tale about a bit of graffiti other soldiers saw at Normandy in June, 1944. Some unknown dogface had scratched a message into the concrete of Hitler's "Atlantic Wall." In essence, the message read:

"I was sent here in 1917, and I have returned in 1944. Don't make me come back again."

What other nation, other than the U.S., could have answered those calls for action?
Originally Posted by I B Hankering
We could answer the call back in the 1940's, when real Americans were in charge who didn't tolerate slackers and losers. Now, we are hopelessly mired in the muck with faggots, feminists, deadbeats, drunks, druggies and nutcase liberal statists bent upon destroying what's left of a once great nation.
We could answer the call back in the 1940's, when real Americans were in charge who didn't tolerate slackers and losers. Now, we are hopelessly mired in the muck with faggots, feminists, deadbeats, drunks, druggies Jewish Lawyers and nutcase liberal statists bent upon destroying what's left of a once great nation. Originally Posted by Jewish Lawyer

Fixed it
Yes, some of those "slackers and losers" do request the assistance of some of the fine Jewish Lawyers here in the United States to bail them out of some of the bad judgment results into which they immerse themselves in their spare time ... while "slacking and losing"!
  • WTF
  • 09-18-2013, 12:17 PM
Typical WTF bullshit......contradicts himself in the same short sentence - he says America is in decline and America isn't in decline...............!

Originally Posted by Whirlaway
we were in decline...this oil and gas play has just bent the curve of every empires fate. Shall o explain it in further detaol simpleton?
You said we "were" headed for ruin and you also say we are "still" headed for ruin...which is it ?

So you are saying we were headed for ruin but the new shale is saving us from ruin, however, despite being saved from that ruin, we are still headed for ruin............make up your mind dumb fuck !
  • WTF
  • 09-18-2013, 01:20 PM
You said we "were" headed for ruin and you also say we are "still" headed for ruin...which is it ?

So you are saying we were headed for ruin but the new shale is saving us from ruin, however, despite being saved from that ruin, we are still headed for ruin............make up your mind dumb fuck ! Originally Posted by Whirlaway
If a doctor cured you of cancer, all he has done is postpone your death even though one would say he saved me from cancer.

All empires crumble from within, this shale play has only put off the inevitable.

Is that really to hard for you to understand?

Policing the world is how empires die. It is costly.

You deflect with some rant about cancer..........

In the same sentence you lay claim that America was saved from ruin because of shale; then you opine that we aren't saved from ruin............

Which is it ? It is a simple question. Are we saved from ruin or not ?
  • WTF
  • 09-18-2013, 01:29 PM
You deflect with some rant about cancer..........

In the same sentence you lay claim that America was saved from ruin because of shale; then you opine that we aren't saved from ruin............

Which is it ? It is a simple question. Are we saved from ruin or not ? Originally Posted by Whirlaway
You are a simpleton.

It has saved us in the short term.

It will not save us in the long term.

But by then I will be dead, as will you.

That is why we do not do the painful things for future generations because politicians only think short term. Those that try and take a long term approach (Jimmy Carter) get kicked out of office.
I am not the simpleton; you just had to be coaxed to fully explain yourself..........it isn't my fault you penned contradicting ideas in the same sentence.

BTW,,,you have the analysis ass backwards.....the shale oil find hasn't saved us in the short term; but it may save us in the long term !
  • WTF
  • 09-18-2013, 01:39 PM
I am not the simpleton; you just had to be coaxed to fully explain yourself..........it isn't my fault you penned contradicting ideas in the same sentence.

BTW,,,you have the analysis ass backwards.....the shale oil find hasn't saved us in the short term; but it may save us in the long term ! Originally Posted by Whirlaway
Nothing can save you or me from eventual death just as nothing can save empires from eventual self destructing.

FACT JACK.