Is Tony Romo great or what?

Really pisses me off though.

He is the highest rated passer in opening day history (I think) with like a 110.6 or something... except for yesterday. And ironically our defense held them to zero points the entire 2nd half... Spotted them at least 14 points, technically 21.... Awful.

Tony needs to pull through for this weeks game!
Oh, I think I got it with his 5 o'clock shadow. He not only wants to look like a bum, he wants to play like one too.
Chung he is not gay. Have u seen his wife. A beautiful Texas girl. Originally Posted by General Feuerbacher
I have seen her General.. she is a Fox.. that makes Romo a smart Homo.. one who pays for a trophy wife to hide his sexual proclivities, LOL
I hear he's pretty good at golf. Originally Posted by L.A.
That's funny! Well that's what he needs to do! Cause football isn't his thing
And ironically our defense held them to zero points the entire 2nd half... Spotted them at least 14 points, technically 21.... Awful. Originally Posted by slims099

Actually, no, our defense wasn't the reason San Fran was held scoreless in the second half.....the Niner offensive coordinator was instructed to "dumb it down" and play it vanilla once they took a 28-3 into the half.

That, my friends, was a clinic as to how you handle a big lead in the NFL....you burn the clock and play field position.....you go out, button up a game that essentially is in the bag with two quarters remaining. The way Romo was playing, San Fran wasn't too concerned about a big comeback by Dallas or a second half collapse on their part.

Because let's be real....only the Cowboys would've found a way yesterday to blow a 25 point lead.....right?
  • ktiix
  • 09-09-2014, 04:34 AM
Actually, no, our defense wasn't the reason San Fran was held scoreless in the second half.....the Niner offensive coordinator was instructed to "dumb it down" and play it vanilla once they took a 28-3 into the half.

That, my friends, was a clinic as to how you handle a big lead in the NFL....you burn the clock and play field position.....you go out, button up a game that essentially is in the bag with two quarters remaining. The way Romo was playing, San Fran wasn't too concerned about a big comeback by Dallas or a second half collapse on their part.

Because let's be real....only the Cowboys would've found a way yesterday to blow a 25 point lead.....right? Originally Posted by Chateau Becot
The Jets are pretty good at it too.
You think Tony is BEGINNING TO DECLINE. He is the worst their ever is, was and ever will be Dallas QB!!!
I'm still pissed that he made about 18 million more dollars than I did last year.
I wonder if he has an account here and is reading this.
Someone once told me the difference between D1 and D1 AA quarterbacks usually isn't a skill thing it is a focus and desire thing. D1 quarterbacks love football and want that to be their soul focus and skill. Romo was a d31 aa quarterback.
Keep and eye on this.....aside from the meaningless post-game excuses, yesterday's game may be an indication that Romo is beginning to decline (physically). We've seen him throw into triple coverage before and somehow he got the ball in there.....but yesterday he simply couldn't get it there.....many a ball had nothing on it.

Aikman was forced into retirement because of lingering back-related issues (in conjunction with possible future concussions). Troy had to walk away at age 34.

Romo (two recent back surgeries) turned 34 earlier this Spring. Uh oh....

When a QB hits the wall, his decline can be sudden and rapid. As Matt Shaub, who got replaced by rookie qb's 2 straight seasons / 2 different franchises........ask Jake Delhomme, who went from starting the Pro Bowl to being team-less in less time you can say, "We need to take a look at the film first......" ***

(***Garrett's fave saying for those unsure of that remark) Originally Posted by Chateau Becot
You have it right on. I nominate you as General Manager, I fire Jerry and his siblings off the staff, you hire replacements, You decide on Garret and the coaches but me, I would give them a season to get their shit together under your selections of players. Done, now execute. Oh I have to start. I am calling Jerry now. Are you ready?
Tony Homo sucks Originally Posted by Tara Evans
Romo, never ever caught in the act that has been publicised yet. Not much he can throw to- they need to be standing up at least or on the mark of the call; or he can't be dropped to the deck to do so. You blame the wrong guy. Jerry deserves your scorn- oopops that might be a regular. Ah so just blame Romo. He will not be one. Damage control I sometimes overlook. So sorry. But a real improvement over the last choices, I will agree.
You have it right on. I nominate you as General Manager, I fire Jerry and his siblings off the staff, you hire replacements, You decide on Garret and the coaches but me, I would give them a season to get their shit together under your selections of players. Done, now execute. Oh I have to start. I am calling Jerry now. Are you ready? Originally Posted by doug_dfw
This is what my father told me. He has been a Cowboy fan since bullet Bob Hayes was a Cowboy.

When I die, I want the Cowboys to carry my casket,
So they can let me down 1 more time!

It's sad how far they have fallen.

Sonicman
Really pisses me off though.

He is the highest rated passer in opening day history (I think) with like a 110.6 or something... except for yesterday. And ironically our defense held them to zero points the entire 2nd half... Spotted them at least 14 points, technically 21.... Awful.

Tony needs to pull through for this weeks game! Originally Posted by slims099
You don't get it. To whom. He can't when he is sacked. He can't when the receiver doesn't get to the mark. Jerry is the reason for your scorn. Stop buying tickets. Let the seats swarm with the other teams colors. That is the only way to reach Jerry. Notice the opener. He says he doesn't care but when the blue doesn't swarm his stadium, he might wake up. Meanwhile a devoted Cowboys fan for years I pray but root for the 49'ers this season. I love winners. Second, Bronco's. I love Peyton. Third, Saints, I love guts.
Tons of Romo hate after one week. Myself, I saw rust, NOT decline. He made some bad decisions based off of not adjusting to the speed of the game. I expect this to improve with continuous practice and a few more games under his belt. Most people don't understand that you have to get used just how fast the game is EVERY year. We'll see what happens.

Romo has his faults, but the hyperbole in this thread shows such a lack of football knowledge. For his haters: name your QBs who can drive the whole field on the road against a division rival for the win, all while with a herniated disc. The list is pretty fucking short.