Texas Saving Obama

• CJ7
  • 07-18-2013, 01:26 PM
That's misleading.

In the more distant past, wells were drilled vertically, which meant perpendicular to the layers in the shale. So there was only limited fracturing horizontally through the shale.

What is different now is the development of horizontal drilling techniques that run parallel to the layers in the shale and cause much greater fracturing horizontally through the shale. So of the pipes go for thousands of meters horizontally and the cracks run horizontally outward to greater distances, thereby extracting far more gas and oil.

The new drilling techniques were developed in the 1990s. As the technique was used more and more over the last 20 years, we have had a huge increase in oil and gas. Originally Posted by ExNYer
this state had an increase in production after massive shale deposits were discovered throughout the central and west central portions of the state and the people who held the mineral rights took full advantage of the situation ... without that all the technology in the world cant increase production
I heard they found Oil in Texas.
Fuck Obama, none of the increase in oil production are because of him.
Just think how it could be for the rest of the nation if he had a lick of common sense and wasnt trying to destroy this nation.

Hey the economy is so good Detroit filed for Chapter 9
my oldest daughter who had a very successful real estate business in Austin is moving back to Dallas with a hell of a pay raise

She says the Lake Highlands area is the hottest and she is going to develop some property in the Oak Cliff area

My other daughter bought a house south Lover's Lane two years ago, so she stands to make some money on her home equity
my oldest daughter who had a very successful real estate business in Austin is moving back to Dallas with a hell of a pay raise

She says the Lake Highlands area is the hottest and she is going to develop some property in the Oak Cliff area

My other daughter bought a house south Lover's Lane two years ago, so she stands to make some money on her home equity Originally Posted by cptjohnstone
Lake Highlands is one of the few close to downtown areas left with nice housing at prices folks can afford.
Lake Highlands is one of the few close to downtown areas left with nice housing at prices folks can afford. Originally Posted by timpage
you mean

used to be affordable
you mean

used to be affordable Originally Posted by cptjohnstone
I guess we all have definitions on these things. There are many very nice homes in the Lake Highlands area in the $150 to $300k price range. In Dallas, those are very reasonable prices if you want to live close to downtown.
  • CJ7
  • 07-18-2013, 09:37 PM
you mean

used to be affordable Originally Posted by cptjohnstone
good for your daughter, I wish her much success. The median income for LH is or was around 60K, I hope she raises the average. Homes while not cheap, are affordable in that small suburb, lots of competition too.