The Supremes have righted another long time wrong

LOL. Who said I had a beef with Asians, Jackie? Or do you just want to start non topic drama for whatever reason? Two of my closest friends from school are Asian. If I have a beef with them, I sure don't know how to show it because I usually don't befriend people I have a problem with.

I'm just talking about a difference in cultures and why diversity is important at universities IMO. That's it. It had no effect on me whatsoever. I still went to the same universities that they did. I just studied a lot less and had a lot more fun in high school than they did. Shit, I am sorry for actually trying to address the original topic now in a serious manner. Somehow, now I've become the fucking topic. Haha
The Following is not permitted . . .
Insulting Others
Targeting other members for attacks
Harassing other members, groups of members, class of members, etc
Disrespecting other members on the site
General rudeness toward other members on the site
A discussion is a part of the reason for Eccie's existence.

Attacking or Harassing other Members is not. . .
As per the Administrators dictate, I will rephrase my statement from post #15.

“It seems a large portion of our population has a serious beef with cultures that stress education over other activities during one’s formative years.”.
Regarding education:

intro:
My father came to the USA from Eastern Europe in 1935 as a teen to escape Nazi persecution. for reasons that were bever spoken of, the rest of the family did not. More than half of them did not survive the next ten years.

With that said now, an early childhood memory is my father soberly telling me that education was important (I hadn't done my homework) because, while "they" cn take away anything you own, "they" cannot take away what you know.

I support merit based equality of opportunity in college admissions and employment. I oppose preferential treatment or discrimination in college admissions and employment.
Regarding education:

intro:
My father came to the USA from Eastern Europe in 1935 as a teen to escape Nazi persecution. for reasons that were bever spoken of, the rest of the family did not. More than half of them did not survive the next ten years.

With that said now, an early childhood memory is my father soberly telling me that education was important (I hadn't done my homework) because, while "they" cn take away anything you own, "they" cannot take away what you know.

I support merit based equality of opportunity in college admissions and employment. I oppose preferential treatment or discrimination in college admissions and employment. Originally Posted by ICU 812
Amen, brother!
Regarding education:

intro:

I support merit based equality of opportunity in college admissions and employment. I oppose preferential treatment or discrimination in college admissions and employment. Originally Posted by ICU 812

Kinda adds perspective. Good post
As a black lady whom I respected much, once said to me, "they held us back for so long". Affirmative Action was supposed to be a correction for the many decades that racism ruled in America and especially in Texas and the South. White folk aren't going to be ruling this country much longer. The tide is turning and whitey is scared. Without Affirmative Action, Clarence Thomas would not be on the Supreme Court now.
As a black lady whom I respected much, once said to me, "they held us back for so long". Affirmative Action was supposed to be a correction for the many decades that racism ruled in America and especially in Texas and the South. White folk aren't going to be ruling this country much longer. The tide is turning and whitey is scared. Without Affirmative Action, Clarence Thomas would not be on the Supreme Court now. Originally Posted by Daniel
A wrong cannot be used as solution by creating another wrong. The only thing holding black people back is the Democratic Party.

Why are most college and pro teams black. Simply because they are better athletes that put in the work to hone their skills. It wouldn’t be right to say 50% of the team be white. Same thing applies to the classroom, merit is the only thing that should be considered.
Clarence Thomas can speak for hisself, A A might have got him him, but it didn’t help him become one of the great legal minds in our history.
A wrong cannot be used as solution by creating another wrong. The only thing holding black people back is the Democratic Party.

Why are most college and pro teams black. Simply because they are better athletes that put in the work to hone their skills. It wouldn’t be right to say 50% of the team be white. Same thing applies to the classroom, merit is the only thing that should be considered. Originally Posted by oilfieldace
... Great Points there, mate.

Exactly spot-on! ...

#### Salty
Same thing applies to the classroom, merit is the only thing that should be considered. Originally Posted by oilfieldace
If your G.P.A should only be considered to get into college or grad school, then Bush43 would have never been admitted into the Harvard MBA program. He finished Yale with a 2.7 GPA in History.

I guess Bush43 getting into Harvard MBA was Affirmation Action for a "C" student that does not belong to a minority group.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_W._Bush
If your G.P.A should only be considered to get into college or grad school, then Bush43 would have never been admitted into the Harvard MBA program. He finished Yale with a 2.7 GPA in History.

I guess Bush43 getting into Harvard MBA was Affirmation Action for a "C" student that does not belong to a minority group.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_W._Bush Originally Posted by adav8s28
Did I say Bush getting in was right? Nope I didn’t, so what is your point?
Did I say Bush getting in was right? Nope I didn’t, so what is your point? Originally Posted by oilfieldace
Minority group students were not the only students to take advantage of the Affirmation action concept. Other factors can be considered for admission into college or grad school besides your GPA. Other factors were considered for Bush43 when he was admitted into Harvard MBA.

You did not say Bush43 getting in was right. You did not say it was wrong either.

The thought that other students besides students from a minority group took advantage of the Affirmative Action concept probably never crossed your mind.
I think he was considered a legacy. Which is non discriminate. Is it fair? That's another topic
Minority group students were not the only students to take advantage of the Affirmation action concept. Other factors can be considered for admission into college or grad school besides your GPA. Other factors were considered for Bush43 when he was admitted into Harvard MBA.

You did not say Bush43 getting in was right. You did not say it was wrong either.

The thought that other students besides students from a minority group took advantage of the Affirmative Action concept probably never crossed your mind. Originally Posted by adav8s28
What part of merit is only qualification that should be considered didn’t you understand. That applies to legacy enrollees as well. Do I need to explain what I said again? You libs go straight to race every single time. You judge a person by his work ethic regardless of what field you are in.