Is there any posting etiquette here?

notsomuch, I share your consternation. There is a difference between brevity motivated by small and portable devices, and the borderline illiteracy demonstrated by the text in your original post.

I may be old school too, but, in my opinion, there is nothing like screwing up spelling and grammar to weaken whatever message you're trying to convey. For an amusing example, check out this link: http://bit.ly/cQ7UNM
I admit I'm kind of old school, and haven't gotten into a lot of that. It must be the teacher in me coming out. Anyway, I pulled a quote from that post and copied it below. I replaced the name that was used with *** to keep it discrete and remove anything personal. The entire post is in lower case and there is no punctuation or any clear distinction between sentences. To me, it's hard to read. Originally Posted by notsomuch
Maybe this guy read too much e. e. cummings in college and tried to emulate him, but didn't really get it..... or maybe not. lol
I'm a grammar and spelling Nazi. DRIVES ME CRAZY when people do not know the difference between "you're" or "your" or "they're" "their" and "there"

that was one hell of a run on sentence though...wow!
and in the poster's case, he does not know the difference between then/than
UGH!!! Originally Posted by JamieYoung

I agree 100%. I think it is really sad when I look at showcases and they all talk about how intelligent they are and then continue to ramble on about themselves, mispelling every 5th or 6th word in the process. Really? Please get a freaking thesaurus and use your damn head.

Same thing goes for potential clients who send PMs. If you can't write to me in complete sentences then don't even bother contacting me using the internet. Just call me.

Sorry I lost it for just a second. hehe. I also apologize if I offended anyone.
You are complaining on the wrong board. Complain to the school board, school's principal, etc. Hold them accountable.
You are complaining on the wrong board. Complain to the school board, school's principal, etc. Hold them accountable. Originally Posted by pyramider
The school board is in reality the athletic booster club in most Texas schools, with a majority of frustrated, time-worn jocks reliving their youths vicariously. This is Texas, home of "Friday Night Lights."
are enormass aint sur their reel thow
I'm a grammar and spelling Nazi. DRIVES ME CRAZY when people do not know the difference between "you're" or "your" or "they're" "their" and "there"

that was one hell of a run on sentence though...wow!
and in the poster's case, he does not know the difference between then/than
UGH!!! Originally Posted by JamieYoung
I know that sometimes I am not the brightest person when it comes to spelling or math okay maybe alot. But I at least use my spell check every time to make sure that my words are spelled correctly.