If you look you can see the economy stalling.

JD is on the government tit. Don't lwt him fool you with and investment talk! Originally Posted by WTF
The only person he's fooling is the one in the mirror. That little post let anyone who knows anything about 401k's know that JD doesn't know shit. The problem is when you try to get too technical and have no idea what you're saying. It's evident. If he's saying he has a target-date fund, those are meant to be used when you don't want to check the shit constantly, and yet he's checking monthly, thus defeating the purpose.
And why is he putting 9%, when most employers only match up to 6%? Originally Posted by WombRaider
Simple answer -- all money put into a 401k is tax free until it is withdrawn.
The only person he's fooling is the one in the mirror. That little post let anyone who knows anything about 401k's know that JD doesn't know shit. The problem is when you try to get too technical and have no idea what you're saying. It's evident. If he's saying he has a target-date fund, those are meant to be used when you don't want to check the shit constantly, and yet he's checking monthly, thus defeating the purpose. Originally Posted by WombRaider
Actually, you are the one who is talking shit.

Why can't he "check monthly"?

And "defeating the purpose' of what?

Actually, if he wants to monitor how the fund is performing it makes more sense to look at it occasionally than to ignore it until the "target date."

It seems when you start one of your ridicule posts you should pause ....

.. you end up showing your ass and how STUPID you really are.
You are 100% correct. The economy has stalled somewhat. The DJIA reached its peak in February at 18,132. Today it is at 17,898. A drop of 1.3% in about 4 months. Of course, you fail to mention that from Feb. 2009 to Feb. 2015 the DJIA went from 7,063 to 18,132. An increase of about 157% in 6 years. This increase has absolutely nothing to do with a 401k. For every $100 invested in Feb. 2009, the average investor would have $257 in Feb. 2015.

I really don't care what you believe as to what caused the rise in the markets. Artificially inflated??? I don't give a crap. Money was there to be made and I, for one, benefited from it.

If I remember correctly, you are one of those on the forum who have been predicting gloom and doom for the stock markets for quite some time. Has not happened yet. Is this the start of a recession? Doubtful. But not out of the realm of possibilities. Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX
You really think that stock market is a good indicator? Please... Papa Barack has been putting about 83 billion into the market every month for years. Of course the market it up....for now. What happens when it drops and people lose everything? My 401K (and I'm sure others are doing the same thing) are a leading indicator. I notice that you didn't address that did you. You went somewhere else with your answer and ignored what I said.
This /\

A fool and his money are easily parted. JD is the biggest fool on here. Look at the 777 and that bullshit he believes. I wouldn't use his '401k' as an indication of shit.

BTW, who looks at a 401k every month? And you realize we can make an approximation of what you make, since the maximum contribution is capped. And why is he putting 9%, when most employers only match up to 6%? Originally Posted by WombRaider
Ladies and Gentlemen....I present to you...the living evidence of an absolute moron. Baby Killer the pinhead. Seemingly alive without a brain stem. Remarkable! How does he care for himself? I forgot, he's living on disability in the basement.

FYI, I look at my 401K about every three days.
The only person he's fooling is the one in the mirror. That little post let anyone who knows anything about 401k's know that JD doesn't know shit. The problem is when you try to get too technical and have no idea what you're saying. It's evident. If he's saying he has a target-date fund, those are meant to be used when you don't want to check the shit constantly, and yet he's checking monthly, thus defeating the purpose. Originally Posted by WombRaider
Go back and read you shit for brains. I set my own milestone and then increased my contribution to achieve it. I also research the various funds and check their history. I think I do pretty good but even that is not making a difference nowadays. For the record (which you don't deserve because you cannot understand it) the top five funds available to me, I own. The other five are in the top 1/3 and only one is a dog. Tell me you can do just.....forget it. No one believes what you say anyway. You lie half the time and misunderstand (intentionally) what others are trying to tell you the other half. Your nothing but a waste of breath.
Go back and read you shit for brains. I set my own milestone and then increased my contribution to achieve it. I also research the various funds and check their history. I think I do pretty good but even that is not making a difference nowadays. For the record (which you don't deserve because you cannot understand it) the top five funds available to me, I own. The other five are in the top 1/3 and only one is a dog. Tell me you can do just.....forget it. No one believes what you say anyway. You lie half the time and misunderstand (intentionally) what others are trying to tell you the other half. Your nothing but a waste of breath. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
His Pappy / Brother says that he was the waste of a shot of baby batter and the best part of him ran down his Momma /sisters leg.
His Pappy / Brother says that he was the waste of a shot of baby batter and the best part of him ran down his Momma /sisters leg. Originally Posted by Rey Lengua
Kept trying to talk her into cleaning up between appointments, ...

... but she was so ready for a real pounding she just wouldn't take the time.
You really think that stock market is a good indicator? Please... Papa Barack has been putting about 83 billion into the market every month for years. Of course the market it up....for now. What happens when it drops and people lose everything? My 401K (and I'm sure others are doing the same thing) are a leading indicator. I notice that you didn't address that did you. You went somewhere else with your answer and ignored what I said. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
Whether or not it is a good indicator of the health of the economy is irrelevant. Fact is I, and probably you, made quite a bit of money in the last 6 years. Whether or not the market drops in the future is pure speculation. Is the last 3 months a bump in the road or a harbinger of things to come? Personally, I have protected myself from a possible disaster since I am semi-retired.

I most certainly did NOT ignore what you said. I agreed with what you said. The economy has stalled in the last 3 months. You have lost money. Even with additional contributions to your 401k.

PLEASE, tell me what I ignored in your opening post.
FYI, I look at my 401K about every three days. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
When the market was a bull market and I had most of my 401k in stocks from 2009-2012, I used to look at my 401k balance on almost a daily basis. The good old days.
Whether or not it is a good indicator of the health of the economy is irrelevant.

PLEASE, tell me what I ignored in your opening post. Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX
The topic of the thread .... aka...."stalled" economy. If you statement is true, which it is, then your statement is "irrelevant" to the thread topic.

And in between those posts of yours .. you went from 401ks don't have anything to do with the markets to ..

"I had most of my 401k in stocks from 2009-2012,"

The average in the country is around 80% in stocks.
The economy is set up to tank....................

The CBO has warned that Government debt threatens to send U.S. economy into death spiral..........

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articl...-2040-cbo-says
The topic of the thread .... aka...."stalled" economy. If you statement is true, which it is, then your statement is "irrelevant" to the thread topic.

And in between those posts of yours .. you went from 401ks don't have anything to do with the markets to ..

"I had most of my 401k in stocks from 2009-2012,"

The average in the country is around 80% in stocks. Originally Posted by LexusLover
My statements: "An increase of about 157% in 6 years. This increase has absolutely nothing to do with a 401k." JD was focusing on his 401k. In 2008 JD's losses were 17% instead of the 30% the DJIA lost. The stock market did not fall because of JD's investments. The 401k last value because of the stock market. I had most of my 401k in stocks from 2008-2012. The stock market impacted my 401k. My 401k investments did not impact the stock market. I can't even tell you what stocks I had during that time period.

You are correct in that my statement regarding the 6 years prior to the last 3 months are irrelevant to JD's 401k problems. However, criticizing the economy for 3 bad months ignores the FACT that we had about 72 months of growth in the stock market.
I simply don't understand how someone can simply ignore that and complain about a few months of negative returns. Let's be fair. I realize that many individuals do not want to give any credit at all to anything positive that has happened during Obama's time in office. If the economy falters over the next 1 1/2 years, I will jump on the bandwagon. Time will tell.
This /\

A fool and his money are easily parted. JD is the biggest fool on here. Look at the 777 and that bullshit he believes. I wouldn't use his '401k' as an indication of shit.

BTW, who looks at a 401k every month? And you realize we can make an approximation of what you make, since the maximum contribution is capped. And why is he putting 9%, when most employers only match up to 6%? Originally Posted by WombRaider
Well mine matches 12% so I don't know what to tell you.