Obamacare is not worth a government shutdown: Sen. Mike Lee Rep-Utah

• CJ7
  • 09-20-2013, 11:16 AM
Point of historical significance = after the last shutdown, the GOP gained seats in the Senate and lost only 9 seats in the House ! Originally Posted by Whirlaway

and Clintons numbers hit new highs
And Clinton rolled over on almost all of the GOP agenda in his second term.....................welfa re reform, spending, taxes, etc.

So the Democratic strategy is to get a shutdown so Obama's numbers can go up ? After all Obama's approval ratings are lower than Clinton's at this point in time .
  • CJ7
  • 09-20-2013, 11:22 AM
other than the point on your head, Im sure you have one
Feel free to tell us how Clinton rolled his agenda over the GOP after the shutdown...this should be an interest re-write of history !

The 1995 shutdown wasn't the disaster that you leftards are trying to claim. The GOP lost only 9 seats and gained 2 in the Senate. Clinton won reelection against Bob Dole, not because of the shutdown ! Clinton was forced to go along with the GOP agenda.
  • CJ7
  • 09-20-2013, 11:55 AM
Feel free to tell us how Clinton rolled his agenda over the GOP after the shutdown...this should be an interest re-write of history !

The 1995 shutdown wasn't the disaster that you leftards are trying to claim. The GOP lost only 9 seats and gained 2 in the Senate. Clinton won reelection against Bob Dole, not because of the shutdown ! Clinton was forced to go along with the GOP agenda. Originally Posted by Whirlaway

Republicans’ continued control of both chambers of Congress through the end of his second term

forced, if you dont count the 37 vetoes he signed.
It is funny that you think the Democrats are acting with nobility, when in fact, they are itching for a shutdown fight ! Originally Posted by Whirlaway
I don't doubt that they are. Both sides of the isle are dead set they are right and they are willing to put a bullet in the recovery to prove it.
Exactly Jackie, I want Obamacare to go down in flames on its own accord, so we can get a legitimate, single payer system, not like this Originally Posted by OliviaHoward
Congress will never pass a single payer system like Great Britain or Canada. Obamacare barely got passed into law. The democrats controlled the Senate and the House of Representatives at the time. The closest you will see 95 per cent of the American public with affordable heath care is with Obamacare when it goes into full effect next year. Republicans don't support a single payer system and a lot democrats don't either. Bill and Hillary Clinton tried to get a single payer system passed when Bill was president. They didn't get too far.
I don't doubt that they are. Both sides of the isle are dead set they are right and they are willing to put a bullet in the recovery to prove it. Originally Posted by OliviaHoward
You think this is a recovery?
You think this is a recovery? Originally Posted by IIFFOFRDB
This isn't a recovery? Where in the hell were you on September 15, 2008?

Apparently you and your "Sweet Ass" were tending to Hanoi COG's carnal desires on 9/15/08.
[QUOTE=bigtex;1054018976]This isn't a recovery?

Thank You, Thank you very much...
Is it me or is it that you just can't read....it's you. What Lee said was to the democrats that saving Obamacare was not worth a government shutdown. That they should go with America, the unions, small businesses, big businesses and vote to defund Obamacare in order to keep the government running.

I like using this tactic. When you are (pay attention) arguing with someone and they say the magic words, "it does really matter to me whether you do this or not" or some variation. Then I can come back and say that since it makes no difference then vote my way....they sputter because they know they lost. The democrats have said that nothing is so important that the government should be shut down. Okay, we'll take you at your word. To you, nothing is as important as not shutting the government down. To us, this is that important. So the only thing to do is to set Obamacare aside, delay it's implementation, and support the GOP bill to fund the government.

Can you read me now?
Is it me or is it that you just can't read....it's you. What Lee said was to the democrats that saving Obamacare was not worth a government shutdown. That they should go with America, the unions, small businesses, big businesses and vote to defund Obamacare in order to keep the government running.

I like using this tactic. When you are (pay attention) arguing with someone and they say the magic words, "it does really matter to me whether you do this or not" or some variation. Then I can come back and say that since it makes no difference then vote my way....they sputter because they know they lost. The democrats have said that nothing is so important that the government should be shut down. Okay, we'll take you at your word. To you, nothing is as important as not shutting the government down. To us, this is that important. So the only thing to do is to set Obamacare aside, delay it's implementation, and support the GOP bill to fund the government.

Can you read me now? Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
Here is what he said, you can spin it any way you want.
While arguing that Democrats should accept the Republican path forward on Obamacare, however, Lee said that the law “is not worth causing a shutdown over.”
"A shutdown is too much. We don’t want a shutdown, we don’t need a shutdown. We should avoid a shutdown, and Obamacare is a law that’s going to harm people. It certainly is not a good idea to shut down the government in order to force through the implementation of Obamacare at a time when the president has said he’s not going to follow the law and he’s made substantial changes,” Lee said. “Shutdowns are bad, shutdowns are not worth it, this law is not worth causing a shutdown over."
That last line will probably return to bite Lee and Republicans who continue to push to delay the 3-year-old law, even though he was trying to make the opposite point: That he thinks Obamacare is so bad that Democrats shouldn’t fight for it to the point of a shutdown. But it may prove difficult to convince the American people that the party seeking to fund a law that has been on the books for three years and has been found constitutional by the Supreme Court is responsible for a shutdown.

The GOP's bill will be dead on arrival in the Senate and that is a good thing.
So you're quoting an opinion of someone as news??? That is the best that you can do? The vote against Obamacare was bipartisan if you didn't notice. I love that BS about a law that has been on the books for three years. They haven't even finished writing it yet and for a three year old law what has it done? It has only collected taxes and drove people nuts trying to figure out what will be in it. Someone on Hannity made a real good point last night. This is not the same law that was passed and signed by Obama. The exemptions were not in the law, the regulations were not in the law, the pass on the business mandate was not in the law, the corruption of the IRS was not in the law...this is not the same law that the SCOTUS viewed.

You want to buy a Lexus luxury car

it msy take me some time to get it to you and I may have to make some changes but, don't worry, it's going to be okay.....oh, here it is
what do you think?
  • CJ7
  • 09-21-2013, 12:06 PM
so shut the sob down and watch the economy shrink even further ... the idiots are worried about Obiecare hurting the country but they fail to recognize playing politics with an appropriation bill has a far worse outcome than 30 million people getting health coverage ... financial institutions all around the globe frown on countries that don't pay their bills.

JD, you're a moron
JD, you're a moron Originally Posted by CJ7
You might want to consider an apology to "morons." Most don't deserve to be put in JD Idiot's category.