KC BBQ

I always mention Rosedale's in these threads.....a good old-fashioned KC style BBQ.
Jack Stack!!!
I enjoy The Bacon Wrapped BbqShrimp & Jalapeno Corn bread as an appetizer and
I love Their Lamb Ribs (yes Yummmy)
With a vegetable Skewer and Cheese Corn!!
There is one a couple blocks from my location.
Haven't been t here in a bit but now it is on my TO DO List!!
+1000 on Jack Stack, Q39, and KC Joes. Just make sure and go to the Frieghthouse and not the plaza location for Jack Stack!
Looks like I Gotta request Jack Stack for my Next Lunch/Dinner Date . Savannah got me drooling over here ! 👅👅👅
What’s wrong with the plaza location of Jack Stack?
What’s wrong with the plaza location of Jack Stack? Originally Posted by RRaider
Nothing...if you are staying on the plaza just go there. You'll also be close to a gates and sons..a KC original. Gates and Arthur Bryants started the whole bbq thing in KC.

I have been to all the places mentioned except Little BBQ Joint and will say Jack stack will give you a fair representation of KC bbq.
Nothing...if you are staying on the plaza just go there. You'll also be close to a gates and sons..a KC original. Gates and Arthur Bryants started the whole bbq thing in KC.

I have been to all the places mentioned except Little BBQ Joint and will say Jack stack will give you a fair representation of KC bbq. Originally Posted by BBarney
  • Gates & Sons - Too much sugar on the BBQ and cooked in. It makes me sick.
  • Q39- Too fancy, Too expensive. I want good food when I have BBQ, not fake BBQ that is not cooked long enough to be tender.
  • Arthur Bryants- Perhaps the best meat anywhere a true BBQ Joint. However, the sauce is gritty, scrape it off and enjoy the meat.
  • Rosedales- One of the few real BBQ meats in the city. Good food, and forget the fancy: we are there to eat folks. A choice of sauces.
  • Joe's- A startup from a guy that wanted to promote a restaurant and develop a following, and he is good at that. But don't let all of the raz-ma-taz fool you. To get the best meet, it has to be cooked slowly to be tender. They promote, but really don't know how to really do BBQ.

To really get the best BBQ, avoid the fancy places and look for an old fashion BBQ joint. If I walk in to a BBQ place and it looks too good, move on. Some of the best are out of the way. BBQ is about good food.
Lonnie Q's, HHB and Herman's in Topeka all stand up to most KC Bbq joints. Just an fyi if any ladies need an excuse to come to town.
Arthur Bryant's meat with gates sauce (u can get a bottle at any price chopper)
All the above are great kc joes, gates, slap. But I recently discovered Woodyard BBQ and is the best Most BBQ places get there wood there. Woodyard has a special on ribs on Saturday. Diners dives and drive in and Anthony Bourdane went to woodyard also. And destiny made a great suggestion also.
All the above are great kc joes, gates, slap. But I recently discovered Woodyard BBQ and is the best Most BBQ places get there wood there. Woodyard has a special on ribs on Saturday. Diners dives and drive in and Anthony Bourdane went to woodyard also. And destiny made a great suggestion also. Originally Posted by mjdude
Woodyard is great but their lamb was the best, too bad they quit serving it. When I asked, they said that they didn't have much call for lamb.
Arthur Bryant's meat with gates sauce (u can get a bottle at any price chopper) Originally Posted by DestinyInKC
Oh that is good. Arthur Bryant's has more of the good fat on the meat than most other BBQ places.

Sorry you are retiring Destiny. You will be missed. Best wishes for the future.
Roscoe's in Edwardsville ipretty good too.
There's nothing wrong with any Jackstack location they all crush the field in KC!

Gates is also good!

KC Joes is good!

Q 39 is not good a waste of time and money.

several other places are all decent but not top notch.
Roscoe's in Edwardsville ipretty good too. Originally Posted by spanky509
Rarely mentioned...but I highly recomend...best burnt ends in KC..only availble a couple days a week..call ahead..biggest complaint is their hours M-F..closes at 7 sharp.