Born in a different time.

.... it rolls

Giz Originally Posted by MrGiz
Hey now!!! Rolling rocks done been spoken for 'round these parts...

Presuming I'd be "together" enough to realize what was going on.... I'd love to have been around on the cusp of the Enlightenment. That whole "natural philosopher" thing looks pretty appealing.

Absent that... none of the above. I'm AWFUL fond of the Internet & indoor plumbing!!!
I would have liked to have lived in nearly every age and country. So many lives I would like to have lead.

To have been queen to Paraoh Akehnaten, Egypt's most controversial Pharaoh (move over Nefertiti).

Also 1st century B.C. Rome

London in the 1800's

1920's America
I'm kind of old fashioned so I would say 1950's...malt shops and rock and roll, didn't get a chance to experience that so I would definitely like to see that.
As one who has had a medical condition that has affected my life since the 5th grade, I would like to have been born and lived after the cure has been found.
As one who has had a medical condition that has affected my life since the 5th grade, I would like to have been born and lived after the cure has been found. Originally Posted by charlestudor2005
hear hear Charles of the House of Tudor...

me..id be dead prior to 1920

i was in san francisco once...well more than once..but on this particular occasion..i was staying on nob hill and i wandered through the hotel lobby ..lo and behold..there in a ball room... a conference...a whole room full of people of like mind....everyone there believed they had been in a past life and were recounting their prior days...many people there... yep ..everyone who was anyone was there
I would like to have been born in the future, when we have flying cars. I keep waiting for the future and flying cars but for some reason I'm always stuck in the present and traffic jams. I must be doing something wrong. Perhaps I'm just not living fast enough...
I would like to have been born in the future, when we have flying cars. I keep waiting for the future and flying cars but for some reason I'm always stuck in the present and traffic jams. I must be doing something wrong. Perhaps I'm just not living fast enough... Originally Posted by Carrie Hillcrest
LOL...in theory... I'm with you! In practice, not so much. The people I encounter every day can barely manage to maneuver a vehicle in two dimensions. I shudder at the thought of turning them loose in three!
I would have to be in an era with A/C (I melt in the summer), BC, cause I am very fertile, and Women's Rights.
There was a time when I wanted to be in the future with the flying cars like Carrie and transporters or warp drive like in Star Trek. I have always wanted to see what the Vulcan Home World felt and looked like.

Live long and prosper. Peace and long life.
LOL...in theory... I'm with you! In practice, not so much. The people I encounter every day can barely manage to maneuver a vehicle in two dimensions. I shudder at the thought of turning them loose in three! Originally Posted by Sisyphus
I agree! It's scary enough up there.
Originally Posted by pjorourke
Actually I think the priests got tired of counting and decided to chase women.

Seriously, from what I’ve read there is an astrological event that happens at the end of the Mayan calendar. Apparently, our sun will be on the plane that bisects the Milky Way on December 22, 2012. “They” say there is some scientifically validated predictions that the gravitational forces exerted by crossing this plane will be devastating. Since the Mayans were stargazers, I personally think they probably calculated this and attached a religious or mystical significance to this event. Who knows? We’ll find out soon enough.
I am a child of the Lemuria era. Lemuria was an ancient civilization which existed prior to and during the time of Atlantis. The Lemurian people were both highly evolved and very spiritual - http://www.lemuria.net/.
This happens every 26,000 years. The Earth's poles have switched several times over the eons. The Sun does this every 11 years. The next time the sun does it is in 2012. The last time was the most violent and air crews were advised to fly below 29,000 feet for a week because the solar storms were so strong. Of course the companies said B/S there was no risk. Also if you search NASA you will find that a satellite found an actual hole in the Earth's magnetic field.

The Mayan's made several calendars not just the one referenced. That is the last one they made though.
The tragedy is that the Roman Catholic Church had all written documents of the Mayan's destroyed and they defaced most temples.
The people of Atlantis were possibly the Minoan's. Destroyed 3,600 years ago by the Thera eruption or Santorini eruption.
Actually I think the priests got tired of counting and decided to chase women.

Seriously, from what I’ve read there is an astrological event that happens at the end of the Mayan calendar. Apparently, our sun will be on the plane that bisects the Milky Way on December 22, 2012. “They” say there is some scientifically validated predictions that the gravitational forces exerted by crossing this plane will be devastating. Since the Mayans were stargazers, I personally think they probably calculated this and attached a religious or mystical significance to this event. Who knows? We’ll find out soon enough. Originally Posted by OliviaHoward
I heard that the earth will be passing by a black hole in the center of the Milky Way on that date. That is why the poles are predicted to shift.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ahoPGzL50Q"]YouTube- 2012: Pole Shift[/ame]