Cancellation Excuses!

Honesty in an industry that is built on lies?
I had to cancel on a booty call once because i got tasked to deploy
I had to cancel on a booty call once because i got tasked to deploy Originally Posted by txboi2013
Sounds like a good excuse to me!

I get a lot of dead grandmothers.

The last time that someone told me that, I told him if I had a nickel (in today's economy, let's make it an even buck) for everyone who ... well, you know the rest.

Dead grandmothers abound in all aspects of life.
Dead grandmothers abound in all aspects of life. Originally Posted by Stanfeld
As a joke, it's probably in poor taste on my part.

However, I DO get a lot of "my girlfriend had an accident", "my grandmother had a heart attack", "my dog ate my homework and I have to do it all over again", "the office just called me in" (this always happens about 30 minutes before an appointment) type of crazy excuses that honestly, if they just told me, "I'm not going to be able to make it" would work as well.

Cancelling appointments are always annoying, for men and women. But like I try to tell others who will listen to my often long winded blather, it's just an inherent part of this business.

Hugs,
Liz
I just meant it's a common excuse. Yeah, my homework ate the dog.
As a joke, it's probably in poor taste on my part.

However, I DO get a lot of "my girlfriend had an accident", "my grandmother had a heart attack", "my dog ate my homework and I have to do it all over again", "the office just called me in" (this always happens about 30 minutes before an appointment) type of crazy excuses that honestly, if they just told me, "I'm not going to be able to make it" would work as well.

Cancelling appointments are always annoying, for men and women. But like I try to tell others who will listen to my often long winded blather, it's just an inherent part of this business.

Hugs,
Liz Originally Posted by ElisabethWhispers
How about..my girlfriend had an accident and gave my grandmother a heart attack, my dog ate my homework so I got rid of her bad ass, my job called me in to work on my day off, so I told them to fuck off! I'm already having a bad day!. So to hell with canceling an appointment I need to "extend" our appointment, and I need a drink!
How about the provider ncns excuses? A few I've heard:
  • My cellphone died, was stolen/lost/got rained on/etc. (probably the most used)
  • My car died/had an accident/etc.
  • I had a family emergency/death/etc.
  • I got hurt and can't perform
  • I got arrested
  • Out-of-sequence time-of-the-month

Hopefully some of you have some more creative ones...
How about..my girlfriend had an accident and gave my grandmother a heart attack, my dog ate my homework so I got rid of her bad ass, my job called me in to work on my day off, so I told them to fuck off! I'm already having a bad day!. So to hell with canceling an appointment I need to "extend" our appointment, and I need a drink! Originally Posted by cush
Awesome.
She was charging her phone and she didn't hear it.

Inside my head I was going:

"I'm gonna bang you so hard when we work this shit out....."
I took care of my boner while waiting for you to text back and confirm.our appointment......

Not one I've used, but it might be true if I ever say something about the dog eating your contact info and my phone.
I have had to cancel due to the truck breaking down at the bank atm drive through. no ride, no funds = no fun. she was nice and i rescheduled the next day but talk about a let down, Jimmy the mechanic was not who I had planned on dropping funds and time on that day....
... Jimmy the mechanic was not who I had planned on dropping funds and time on that day.... Originally Posted by puppy8209
Maybe Jimmy the mechanic would've given you a discount if...
"The dog ate my iphone"
Haha Mr. Gambino I could listen to your compliments all day !

Seriously though, I've never met so many guys with headaches in such a short period of time! Originally Posted by Jillian Price

Cant imagine a guy using that as an excuse . I have issues just due to work sometimes where i cant leave w/o fixing something and timetables are hard to come up with to reschedule.