Cancelled Movie Release of The Interview.

Second, what would he do? Indemnify them? How? Increase sanctions against North Korea? The ROK has already denied any involvement with the terrorist group that has authored the security attacks and threats. Originally Posted by The Sixth Beatle
Ticky-tac, but ROK is South Korea.
Couldn't they have stopped Dumb and Dumber 2?
Couldn't they have stopped Dumb and Dumber 2? Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
Right! Lol
Couldn't they have stopped Dumb and Dumber 2? Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn

OMG, I'm still laughing!
  • Emmie
  • 12-22-2014, 07:35 PM
Ha ha!!
Imagine what would have happened if Sony decided to go ahead with a premier, and an act of terror had occurred. People would be screaming for blood and asking Sony why they didn't cancel.

Cancelling might be bad PR, but it is nothing compared to the backlash they would have seen if a theater had been attacked in some way.

Granted, I think the threats were empty threats, but its not my call to make. Sony had to make the call, and they made what they thought was the best decision - for whatever reason they made that decision. They just spent millions making a movie that may never earn a fraction of what it cost to make. I'm not going to criticize them on top of the loss they just chose to take.