Has anyone been successful quitting hobbying?

• Dad
  • 01-16-2011, 01:38 AM
Try BBFS at ABS or SW... Get tested...

If that does not work... Get arrested...
I hate to be the one to point out the bleeding obvious...
If they had successfully quit the hobby, they wouldn't still be here, would they?
Has anyone been successful quitting hobbying? Originally Posted by kp2547
kp, if you cannot quit it is NOT a "hobby"...

.... and that ought to get you through the "cold turkey" routine!

Take up golf ...

You still pay ...
You still chase around looking in the rough ...
You still get frustrated ...
You still are shopping for more equipment ....
You still have covers for your club ...
You still are primarily around other guys who share your frustrations...
You still are getting out of the house ....
You still are tromping around in the woods most of time.
You need to get the "quit hobbying patch." Just slap one on your back each day and the urge to hobby will disappear slowly over time. See, this guy is wearing the barely noticeable "old and decrepit woman I'd never fuck" patch...and it's working for him! It'll work for you too...

Isn't there a 12 step program?

But NAN's suggestion would be the most effective.
Almost like an alcoholic asking barflies in a bar how to quit cold turkey! Originally Posted by Dad
That's funny.
You need to get the "quit hobbying patch." Just slap one on your back each day and the urge to hobby will disappear slowly over time. See, this guy is wearing the barely noticeable "old and decrepit woman I'd never fuck" patch...and it's working for him! It'll work for you too...

Originally Posted by Wakeuр
Patches are easier to get off your back.
Quitting "several" times is not quitting lol. You either do it or you don't.
Sarcasm is becoming a lost art.
If you want to stop the hobbying:
bend over and take it in the azzzzz.... if that doesn't do it, You were meant to be here.

If someone had totally got out of the hobby and never returned, WOULD THEY BE HERE TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTION????
Thanks for those that gave serious tips. I understand this is probably the worst place to ask the question but it was worth a shot.

I've been hobbying for about 10 years regularly at least once a month but mostly once a week, so it's going to be tough.

The only reason I'm trying to quit is because I have an SO and don't feel like being like Tiger Woods.
Then drift away.

My all time favorite poster, Hoss, decided to devote more time to his SO several years ago. I do not know if he has been hobbying but I have not seen anyone post like him since.
I tried and have failed many times over
I quit after spending all of my paycheck but strangely pick it up again the next time I am paid.
  • Satin
  • 01-16-2011, 08:11 PM
Lmao at Boomer... you're right man, the only time you really "quit" is when you run out of cash. Soon as you get some more, you're back in the game again...TFF!!