Flash! Robin Williams dies at 63.

Met Williams in Afghanistan in 2003. He was a comic genius who'll be sorely missed.
A liberal hollywood celebrity who made me laugh..................

Thanks for the laughs RW; keep em laughing, where ever you are (RW was agnostic?)

One of my favorite RW stand up shtick.

For whatever reason, I felt such shock at the news. It even surprised me and I'm rather blase about such news when it happens.

Since he was in recovery, didn't know that he had lapsed in the past few years, it seemed as if he wouldn't have such darkness going on.

But we never know the thoughts of others, huh?

No one seems to mention his role in "The World According to Garp," which was just a great movie. One of the few movies that actually are as good as the book, which was fantastic.
From what I've read, he was upbeat when his show "The Crazy One's" was picked up. Then he was hit hard when he heard it was being cancelled. Wonder if this is what caused him to go over the edge.

Definitely gonna miss him. RIP RW
I was deeply shocked. Williams was a comic genius and will be a legend. May he find peace and eternal laughter on the great stage in the sky.
  • WTF
  • 08-12-2014, 12:13 PM
He wasn't my cup of tea but I gotta give him props for knowing when to pull the plug.

Never understood why folks think that is such a bad thing.

James Garner Robin Williams

things come in 3's
  • WTF
  • 08-12-2014, 12:59 PM

things come in 3's Originally Posted by cptjohnstone
Flipper?

Flipper?

Originally Posted by WTF

Another incredible talent.
Ronald Reagan?
  • WTF
  • 08-12-2014, 01:51 PM
Ronald Reagan? Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
His costar had way more talent than Ronnie

One of my favorite bits was on a Carol Burnett show. Not the series but some kind of reunion show a few years back. She was a widow and he was doing his best to comfort her in his most manic way (complete with inappropriately loud tie). It was funny as hell and then Carol came out and said that Robin wanted to do it again. Live with ad libs. The audience said sure, what the hell... So it began again, we knew the set up or we thought we did. The unflappable Ms. Burnett starts to break up and this click ends suprisingly. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfDyTUiL8xs
Robin Williams on 20/20 tonight at 10 Eastern ABC

things come in 3's Originally Posted by cptjohnstone
Lauren Bacall

Hope we're done for a while.
Met Williams in Afghanistan in 2003. He was a comic genius who'll be sorely missed. Originally Posted by I B Hankering
I'm sure he was thinking about you two days ago, IBIdiot!