IRS targeted conservative groups for extra scrutiny.

• WTF
  • 05-11-2013, 01:07 PM
The fact of the matter is these 501c4 groups should not be tax exempt. . . On both sides of the aisle. They are supposed to promote social welfare not influence elections. Any of you numbnut tea puckers think you aren't trying to influence elections?
IRS Knew Tea Party Was Being Targeted In 2011: Report
By STEPHEN OHLEMACHER 05/11/13 08:52 PM ET EDT

WASHINGTON — Senior Internal Revenue Service officials knew agents were targeting tea party groups as early as 2011, according to a draft of an inspector general's report obtained by The Associated Press that seemingly contradicts public statements by the IRS commissioner.

The IRS apologized Friday for what it acknowledged was "inappropriate" targeting of conservative political groups during the 2012 election to see if they were violating their tax-exempt status. The agency blamed low-level employees, saying no high-level officials were aware.

But on June 29, 2011, Lois G. Lerner, who heads the IRS division that oversees tax-exempt organizations, learned at a meeting that groups were being targeted, according to the watchdog's report. At the meeting, she was told that groups with "Tea Party," `'Patriot" or "9/12 Project" in their names were being flagged for additional and often burdensome scrutiny, the report says.

The 9-12 Project is a group started by conservative TV personality Glenn Beck. . . . Among the other revelations, on Aug. 4, 2011, staffers in the IRS' Rulings and Agreements office "held a meeting with chief counsel so that everyone would have the latest information on the issue."

On Jan, 25, 2012, the criteria for flagging suspect groups was changed to, "political action type organizations involved in limiting/expanding Government, educating on the Constitution and Bill of Rights, social economic reform/movement," the report says. . . . "This timeline reveals at least two extremely unethical actions by the IRS. One, as early as 2010, they targeted groups for political purposes. Two, they willfully and knowingly lied to Congress for years despite being aware that Congress was investigating this practice," said Rep. Charles Boustany, R-La., chairman of the House Ways and Means Committee's oversight subcommittee.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...6pLid%3D311750
I'd like to hear what Nadfly's definition of a conspiracy is without looking it up and pasting it. In fact, I'd like to hear what CJ, WTF, and the rest say a conspiracy is because considering some of the posting, I don't think they know.
Poor gritsboy, you know exactly why I call you gritsboy. Your intellectual "stove" cooks grits like none other in existence. You probably can't tell time, either. See the cross examination scene of one of the "eye" witnesses in "My Cousin Vinnie."

For the rest of you, here it is.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZkbtP-t_D8

BTW, gritsboy, you got any beanstalk beans left?

Also, you don't look any better in Yanker's pinafore and mary janes than he does. Originally Posted by Randy4Candy
did you catch the score of the game today?

POOR SOONERS
POOR SOONERS

can you say

beat your BEST pitcher

can you guess who the preseason favorite in football is?

can you guess who the preseason favorite in basketball is?

how did your cross country team do this year? We won the NCAA championship

how did your wrestling team do? We came in 2nd

shall I bring up golf?

I will give you men's gymnastic's, the faggots

there is a new sheriff (marshall) in town
The fact of the matter is these 501c4 groups should not be tax exempt. . . On both sides of the aisle. They are supposed to promote social welfare not influence elections. Any of you numbnut tea puckers think you aren't trying to influence elections? Originally Posted by WTF
Then ALL of them should be targets, not just the ones that oppose the administration.

And RaggedyAndy, really? That's where Gritsboy came from? I LOVE that movie! Thanks!

• CJ7
  • 05-12-2013, 01:04 AM
I'd like to hear what Nadfly's definition of a conspiracy is without looking it up and pasting it. In fact, I'd like to hear what CJ, WTF, and the rest say a conspiracy is because considering some of the posting, I don't think they know. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
reputable sources have told other reputable sources GOP insiders pulled some IRS strings and had the Tea Party audited in order to slow them down and increase republicans chances at the polls.

FACT !

And RaggedyAndy, really? That's where Gritsboy came from? I LOVE that movie! Thanks! Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
You should since you're in it.
You should since you're in it. Originally Posted by Randy4Candy
'Cuz Vinny was StupidOldLyingFart's movie debut. He followed that with a suckessful appearance in Brokeback Mountain!
  • WTF
  • 05-12-2013, 09:32 AM
I'd like to hear what Nadfly's definition of a conspiracy is without looking it up and pasting it. In fact, I'd like to hear what CJ, WTF, and the rest say a conspiracy is because considering some of the posting, I don't think they know. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
Do you know what a 501(c)(4) is?

That is the IRS's job to check and see if a group is legit.

My point of contention is that they allow questionable groups on both sides to enjoy that status.

The tax code needs to be overhauled if some Tea Turds are getting tax exempt status to spread their manure!
I've already cut and pasted the LEGAL definition of a conspiracy in another thread. The nonlegal definition is somewhat looser. What is in this article IMO adheres to the legal definition: two or more people planning a course of action in this case thru a misuse of power to perpetrate harm by an illegal act to another party (not necessarily political party but person(s) or organization or their property).

Do not confuse conspiracy to "conspiracy theorist" a term which has been thrown around this board willy nilly to besmearch folks. I am not a 911 truther.

JD, why don't you think this doesn't qualify as a conspiracy?
  • Doove
  • 05-12-2013, 09:39 AM
So the Tea Party types got a little taste of racial profiling....

No surprise that they don't like it.
Do you know what a 501(c)(4) is?

That is the IRS's job to check and see if a group is legit.

My point of contention is that they allow questionable groups on both sides to enjoy that status.

The tax code needs to be overhauled if some Tea Turds are getting tax exempt status to spread their manure!
Originally Posted by WTF
If the Dims can shovel their manure, then the TPs has the right to shovel likewise. However, there is a problem when, during a Dim administration and during an election cycle, the TPs are onerously overburdened by intrusive government requirements and the Dims are allowed to keep shoveling unimpeded.

No surprise that they don't like it. Originally Posted by Doove
It was political profiling, Doofus, and libertards ranted and threw tantrums when Nixon did it, now you libertards want to bend over backwards trying to excuse the Odumbo administration for the same violation!

There you have it folks a new twist:

Do unto you as you would have done unto others!
There you have it folks a new twist:

Do unto you as you would have done unto others! Originally Posted by bigtex
Neither you, BKT, or Doofus can cite where the Tea Party used the IRS to abuse its political opponents. So "twist" on your own ignorant foil.

Would you care to explain why you consider this Nixonian action racial profiling?

And for that matter, did you mean to insinuate that you're perfectly OK with it?