Check Your Sources, Check Their Sources

Great circular logic.

*I* trust them since you maggies have revealed that the truth doesn't mean anything to you.

So, on a lighter note,
Originally Posted by Precious_b

see below

The Harvard Kennedy School of Misinformation Review, published this, “A survey of expert views on misinformation: Definitions, determinants, solutions, and future of the field.”

From the article, “Experts leaned strongly toward the left of the political spectrum:

very right-wing (0),
fairly right-wing (0),
slightly right-of-center (7),
center (15),
slightly left-of-center (43),
fairly left-wing (62),
very left-wing (21).”

In other words, the "misinformation experts" are almost exclusively left-wing partisans. This explains a lot, especially since fact-checking and the new censorship tools of "misinformation" and "disinformation" are being used by the left to silence and bully the right. Originally Posted by texassapper

shocking! simply shocking!! who knew the left are behind "misinformation"!!!

bahahaaaa
The Harvard Kennedy School of Misinformation Review, published this, “A survey of expert views on misinformation: Definitions, determinants, solutions, and future of the field.”

From the article, “Experts leaned strongly toward the left of the political spectrum:

very right-wing (0),
fairly right-wing (0),
center (15),
fairly left-wing (62),
very left-wing (21).”

In other words, the "misinformation experts" are almost exclusively left-wing partisans. This explains a lot, especially since fact-checking and the new censorship tools of "misinformation" and "disinformation" are being used by the left to silence and bully the right. Originally Posted by texassapper
see below *Above*... Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid

Than why haven't any of y'all presented a link to a better vetting site as i've asked many times?

I still welcome a maggie to do it.
Than why haven't any of y'all presented a link to a better vetting site as i've asked many times?

I still welcome a maggie to do it. Originally Posted by Precious_b

it doesn't get better than .. Harvard does it?

Harvard Kennedy School Misinformation Review1
July 2023, Volume 4, Issue 4
Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0)
Reprints and permissions: misinforeview@hks.harvard.edu
DOI: https://doi.org/10.37016/mr-2020-119

if you'd even bothered to open the link to the pdf it's right at the top of the review. but you just assumed it was "not credible" because you don't want to believe .. Harvard.

but you knew that, right??
  • pxmcc
  • Yesterday, 08:40 PM
the left has facts and opinions.

the far right has "alternative facts" and opinions.

that's why fact checkers are in high demand these days.

very right-wing (0),
fairly right-wing (0),
center (15),
fairly left-wing (62),
very left-wing (21).”

the left has facts and opinions.

the far right has "alternative facts" and opinions.

that's why fact checkers are in high demand these days. Originally Posted by pxmcc

if you'd even bothered to open the link to the pdf it's right at the top of the review. but you just assumed it was "not credible" because you don't want to believe .. Harvard.

but you knew that, right?? Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid

according to good old Harvard .. it's the left that tells you alternate facts .. yes?
  • pxmcc
  • Yesterday, 11:52 PM
according to good old Harvard .. it's the left that tells you alternate facts .. yes? Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid
can you provide some factual examples of anything on the left that involved deliberately lying to their viewers, as Fox News did re: Dominion Voting Machines? you don't pay 700M$ for having some weak opinions; defamation law requires mis-statements of material facts, not a weak or biased opinion.

Fox News also lied about covid, telling their viewers vaccines don't work and all the CDC guidelines were bunk. meanwhile, at Fox events, they followed CDC guidelines to a T. Fox killed a lot of people who should be alive today; i'm surprised they didn't get sued for wrongful deaths by surviving family members.
can you provide some factual examples of anything on the left that involved deliberately lying to their viewers, as Fox News did re: Dominion Voting Machines? you don't pay 700M$ for having some weak opinions; defamation law requires mis-statements of material facts, not a weak or biased opinion.

Fox News also lied about covid, telling their viewers vaccines don't work and all the CDC guidelines were bunk. meanwhile, at Fox events, they followed CDC guidelines to a T. Fox killed a lot of people who should be alive today; i'm surprised they didn't get sued for wrongful deaths by surviving family members. Originally Posted by pxmcc
didn't i already do that?

yes i did

Harvard

but you knew that, right?? Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid
didn't i already do that?

yes i did

Harvard Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid
you failed to do that sir. you proved that there are more fact checkers on the left than on the right. that's because the far right generates more misinformation than the left, and because the right is not going to fact check itself, it falls to experts on the left to do it.

find something analogous to Fox News re: Dominion Voting on the left and you will have proved your point.

Donald Trump is a walking Dis-information Machine. he couldn't tell the truth for one day to save his life..
you failed to do that sir. you proved that there are more fact checkers on the left than on the right. that's because the far right generates more misinformation than the left, and because the right is not going to fact check itself, it falls to experts on the left to do it.

find something analogous to Fox News re: Dominion Voting on the left and you will have proved your point.

Donald Trump is a walking Dis-information Machine. he couldn't tell the truth for one day to save his life.. Originally Posted by pxmcc

Harvard
^^when did Harvard U intentionally lie to anyone? that would be a true equivalence.

you might find cases of research fraud/misconduct somewhere, maybe including by a Harvard prof. numerous published studies have been retracted due to fraudulent data, usually showing a false positive finding.

that is qualitatively different than msnbc or huff post intentionally lying to their viewers/readers. Fox News has done that on repeated occasions, not just on covid and dominion. the far right lies far more than the far left. that assertion stands until you prove otherwise. (and newsmax? surely you most be joking, Dr. Feymann)..

left-leaning experts are left to clean up the mess. who else is going to do it?
Some sources are better than others... Originally Posted by cc314
I've not found the need to "outsource" my thinking just yet. Maybe someday that will make sense and hopefully the memory care nurse will remind me to check out the site.

Until then, ImmaBMe. UBeU
I've not found the need to "outsource" my thinking just yet. Maybe someday that will make sense and hopefully the memory care nurse will remind me to check out the site.

Until then, ImmaBMe. UBeU Originally Posted by Why_Yes_I_Do
Obviously you don’t quite understand. That explains a lot.
can you provide some factual examples of anything on the left that involved deliberately lying to their viewers Originally Posted by pxmcc
The Russian collusion Hoax. The Hunter Biden Laptop Story, the Very fine people hoax... the list goes on and on...
1. Trump has been in bed with Putin since day one. he requested that the Russians interfere in a U.S. election, which they did. he stated that he believes Putin over the CIA. he's still in bed with Putin. Ronald Reagan is rolling over in his grave.

2. Hunter Biden is a private citizen who has never held political office. what is or isn't on his laptop is no more relevant to the public trust than what's on your laptop.

3. Trump was directly quoted when referring to a rally of white Supremacists and counterprotestors that "there were very fine people on both sides."
that's a fact, not an opinion.

do better, sir..
The Russian collusion Hoax. The Hunter Biden Laptop Story, the Very fine people hoax... the list goes on and on... Originally Posted by texassapper
1. Trump has been in bed with Putin since day one. he requested that the Russians interfere in a U.S. election, which they did. he stated that he believes Putin over the CIA. he's still in bed with Putin. Ronald Reagan is rolling over in his grave.

2. Hunter Biden is a private citizen who has never held political office. what is or isn't on his laptop is no more relevant to the public trust than what's on your laptop.

3. Trump was directly quoted when referring to a rally of white Supremacists and counterprotestors that "there were very fine people on both sides."
that's a fact, not an opinion.

do better, sir.. Originally Posted by pxmcc
bitbucketed.