Text, IM's and emails

I'm with you. I want to ditch my hobby phone in a bad way, but can't seem to cut that cord. Google Voice seems promising, but just when I'm about to pull the trigger someone says, "yeah, but there is this one flaw...." Originally Posted by TinMan
Sigh. Don't listen to them. Google Voice (if used properly) is so perfect for this hobby that I think they had us in mind when designing it.

HOWEVER, if you're super tin-foil-hat paranoid (or your SO is and you want to keep her) and you want another option that is untraceable, consider this option:

1. Create a hobby Skype account. Sign up for Skype-in and Skype-out. I think it's about $10/year and it provides a 10-digit phone number so anyone can call you.

2. Add the Skype app to your smart phone. If you don't have a smart phone that supports Skype, this post is not for you. Nor is Google Voice. You're living in the past. Stick with your FailBerry and take your chances or find a phone booth and use that. Ha ha ha.

3. Launch the Skype app when you want to make or receive calls. Shut it down when you don't. No connection with your SmartPhone. No record on your monthly cell phone bills of Skype calls placed or received. No cost other than the $10 year to connect to the public telephone network.

Good luck to all.

L4L
I have to speak to someone before making an appt. I need to hear their voice, how they speak and conduct themselves. The introduction or lack thereof are usually a key indicator whether or not I choose to see you or not. 1st impressions ARE important. ex. Yesterday I get a call. I say "hello" and he says " how much for backdoor?" Not " hi, is this Katrina" or "I was calling about your ad" or "hi my name is _____ and I was calling to check your availbility" .........That right there is an automatic CLICK.
I have to speak to someone before making an appt. I need to hear their voice, how they speak and conduct themselves. The introduction or lack thereof are usually a key indicator whether or not I choose to see you or not. 1st impressions ARE important. ex. Yesterday I get a call. I say "hello" and he says " how much for backdoor?" Not " hi, is this Katrina" or "I was calling about your ad" or "hi my name is _____ and I was calling to check your availbility" .........That right there is an automatic CLICK. Originally Posted by BBW Katrina
Yet another reason why I'm so glad I don't have a phone.

I don't get that type of shit anymore.

it takes a LOT more effort to contact me via email, PM or P411 than to punch 7 # in your phone and ask exactly what's on your mind because you're too lazy or too horny (or both) to do what you know you should do to go get yourself laid.
Angie when in the hell are we (you and me) just gonna get married??!! Oh, and do you care if I cheat on you with Autumn or Cindy of Fort Worth?? ....giggle.

OMG, you are TFF girl...Cracking me up...Classic post...Keep em' cummin girlee!!

I only give my # to peeps after they are screened...but once you have my # I love swapping pics (when I have a minute). The guys who constantly ask what color my panties are, or if I care that they are jacking off that moment, just crack me up.
Angie when in the hell are we (you and me) just gonna get married??!! Oh, and do you care if I cheat on you with Autumn or Cindy of Fort Worth?? ....giggle.

OMG, you are TFF girl...Cracking me up...Classic post...Keep em' cummin girlee!!

I only give my # to peeps after they are screened...but once you have my # I love swapping pics (when I have a minute). The guys who constantly ask what color my panties are, or if I care that they are jacking off that moment, just crack me up. Originally Posted by ItalianaPrincess
baby - when we are married - you can fuck whomever you'd like...long as you come home to mama and tell me all the dirty details while you're tearin my ass up.
I actually don't prefer to screen over the phone.
I always ask for at least 2 providers' references to be sent via ECCIE or P411 before calling or texting. Some guys e-mail me their references, and as long as they check out, I will see them for an appointment.
I never give out any information if I don't know who that person is, and I never accept references over the phone or through texting.
If I've seen the guy before, texting and calling before hand is never an issue with me.

ONEXKID.... Have you thought of getting a Google Voice account? A lot of hobbyists and providers use this.. There's no need for a hobby phone or even a second phone.. Once you sign up, you can pick a phone number and you can even make free calls and have calls forwarded to your phone. Hope this helps