Will The Texans Win Out? Your Thoughts

Glad you brought up that point Jack. I think McNair is too cheap to pony up to those that deserve it and Kubiak (in the mode of Shanahan) will say that he can get it done without any big components because of his superior scheme.

To me, talent beats scheme any day of the week. The fact that the worst passing D in the league from last year didn't pony up for Nnamdi tells you something.

I think they will pay Shaub, lose Mario, re-sign Rackers cheap, re-sign Dreesen cheap and lose Foster. Out of all of those, I think the one that will end up stinging the most is Mario. Even though the D has done ok without him and he hadn't completely adjusted to the 3-4, something tells me that if he plays somewhere else, he will be even more of a beast.
Personally the only two on that list that I would really miss is Shaub and Foster.
Shaub = Will get paid
Mario = Will be franchised
Re-sign Rackers cheap
Re-sign Dreesen cheap
Will pony up the bucks for Foster. I think everyone in the organization realizes that you don't find back like Foster very often. He gets a good contract at the end of the year.
Shaub = Will get paid
Mario = Will be franchised
Re-sign Rackers cheap
Re-sign Dreesen cheap
Will pony up the bucks for Foster. I think everyone in the organization realizes that you don't find back like Foster very often. He gets a good contract at the end of the year. Originally Posted by BigLouie
I agree on all counts. There is no way they will let Schaub, Mario or Foster go, especially if they make the playoffs this year. They might lose Rackers and/or Dreessen but it is not likely! As for not signing Namdi, I am ok with it. Instead they signed the other shut-down Corner and a starting Safety (2 starters in need positions) for about the same money they would have had to pay Namdi. Unfortunately, Manning is hurt but hopefully he will be back before the end of the season. As for Namdi there was never any guarantee that he would sign with Houston anyway. I believe he had his eyes set on playing on the East Coast and just used Houston to get his price into the Stratosphere! That is exactly what Carlos Beltran did! Remember?