union dues

Simply Google “What is a cope fund for local union”
It will show you that this money cannot come from the members general dues or from the local unions treasury.
if they volunteer money, they get no say as to how it is used.

google that.
It’s quite simple, if you don’t like the candidate, don’t contribute to the fund. For the International union that I work for, strikes can only be authorized by them. And that’s only when an impasse has been reached in the negotiations
If you don’t like a provider, do you still book an appointment with her and pay her? I highly doubt it
It’s quite simple, if you don’t like the candidate, don’t contribute to the fund. For the International union that I work for, strikes can only be authorized by them. And that’s only when an impasse has been reached in the negotiations Originally Posted by dj8rocks
Ahhhhh .. the truth is revealed. my next post was going to be "are you a union member?"

your wages are artificially inflated, your benefits are bloated and too costly, and whatever company you work for is hindered by your union.

do you realize that your wages are actually capped by your union? they are.

i, however, have no imposed upper limit to what i can make by "union scale".

i earn what market forces say i can earn. with all the benefits you get, at less cost.

i am a 91.6 percentile earner. i rather doubt your artificially capped union wage is anywhere near that. you can compare that here if you like ..

https://dqydj.com/income-percentile-calculator/
fyi, union dues are fungible. it does not matter whether this fund goes in to a separate funds for political causes. that stuff is stuff they put on paper, but otherwise they use it period.

no believes that they are following the law and unions are big time democratic party donors!!!
Ahhhhh .. the truth is revealed. my next post was going to be "are you a union member?"

your wages are artificially inflated, your benefits are bloated and too costly, and whatever company you work for is hindered by your union.

do you realize that your wages are actually capped by your union? they are.

i, however, have no imposed upper limit to what i can make by "union scale".

i earn what market forces say i can earn. with all the benefits you get, at less
i am a 91.6 percentile earner. i rather doubt your artificially capped union wage is anywhere near that. you can compare that here if you like ..

https://dqydj.com/income-percentile-calculator/ Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid
Ahh, safe to say that you are in management? Union scale wages only apply to jobs on government facilities. We negotiate our annual salary increases with a team of negotiators from the management side. It’s pretty absurd that if we are hindering the company we are working for, then why would all the non union management employees get the exact same perks that we negotiated for in the contract? Such as vacation allotments, company matching medical insurance cost sharing, death leave, sick leave, safety shoe reimbursements, and the list goes on and on.

I’ve worked both non union and union jobs. What is your personal knowledge of how a union works based on the fact of you actually working a union job?
unions promote inefficiency.
fyi, union dues are fungible. it does not matter whether this fund goes in to a separate funds for political causes. that stuff is stuff they put on paper, but otherwise they use it period.

no believes that they are following the law and unions are big time democratic party donors!!! Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm
Again, lack of knowledge of federal accounting rules that must be followed and reported to the Dept of Labor annually.
Ahh, safe to say that you are in management? Union scale wages only apply to jobs on government facilities. We negotiate our annual salary increases with a team of negotiators from the management side. It’s pretty absurd that if we are hindering the company we are working for, then why would all the non union management employees get the exact same perks that we negotiated for in the contract? Such as vacation allotments, company matching medical insurance cost sharing, death leave, sick leave, safety shoe reimbursements, and the list goes on and on.

I’ve worked both non union and union jobs. What is your personal knowledge of how a union works based on the fact of you actually working a union job? Originally Posted by dj8rocks

i'm not in management. i'm a senior UNIX System Administrator.

https://www.payscale.com/research/US...strator/Salary

by this scale, the median is $74,562, the 90th percentile is $110k. but remember i said i make 91.6 percentile on this scale .. which is higher.

would you like me to tell you what 91.6 percentile 2017 earnings is or do you want to just plug in some numbers to find out?
unions are inefficiency. Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm

ftfy
Again, lack of knowledge of federal accounting rules that must be followed and reported to the Dept of Labor annually. Originally Posted by dj8rocks

the fact they file paper work doesn't mean anything its just stuff they put on paper.
the fact they file paper work doesn't mean anything its just stuff they put on paper. Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm
And this quote is coming from first hand knowledge of what that “paper work”
consists of? Have you ever filed that paper work or been involved with the process of accounting for the unions dollars?
i'm not in management. i'm a senior UNIX System Administrator.

https://www.payscale.com/research/US...strator/Salary

by this scale, the median is $74,562, the 90th percentile is $110k. but remember i said i make 91.6 percentile on this scale .. which is higher.

would you like me to tell you what 91.6 percentile 2017 earnings is or do you want to just plug in some numbers to find out? Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid
I appreciate the fact that you have a good job with good benefits along with a fully funded pension plan. I had asked you a question that you either avoided or failed to see regarding your actual experience in dealing with a union.
I had a job once, where most people were union members

I was just a young guy and first day we broke for lunch

the phone started ringing, no one made a move

so I went to answer it and was blocked by three guys who threatened me with bodily harm

they just let the phone ring and ring

a friend goes to NAB in vegas each year, puts on a technology display

he cant even plug in his laptop, has to wait for a union electrician to do that for him