Sinema stands with her fellow Democrats on social spending and climate bill. It’s a done deal.

Yup! Typically, creatures tend to revert to instinctive behavior or tribal allegiances.

Jackie, here's an appropriate theme song to accompany your post:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhXjd88SFrk

Interestingly, Donald read some of the lyrics to the song when commenting at a rally in 2016 on the foolishness of accepting refugees from terrorist-infested regions:

https://abcnews.go.com/politics/dona...ry?id=36256408 Originally Posted by Texas Contrarian
Man, that’s cold.
I don't know what the OP is crowing about but Sinema took a pay off plain and simple. This is the mark of the democrat; corruption, deception, and lacking real character. This goes for their followers. Think of it this way, Sinema and Manchin were against this bill before they were for it. Nothing really changed and now they're for it. Snakes
Sinema stands with her fellow Democrats on social spending and climate bill. Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
What bill are we talking about here? Is it the "Social Spending and Climate Bill"?

Daayyuumm! I can't seem to find that one on the Senate or House docket anywhere...

Oh wait! You must mean the colossally misnamed "Inflation Reduction Act", right?

If you're so sure it's a "win" for Joey, then why are you so timid about tooting the bill by its actual name??

And why don't you comment in THIS thread instead of starting a new one?

https://www.eccie.net/showthread.php?t=2863196
In a blinding thunder storm, a flash flood was emanate. A scorpion was trapped on a rock, and as the water rose, he was about to drown.

A frog appeared and said to the scorpion, “hop on my back and I will swim you to higher ground”.

After reaching safety, the scorpion planted his stinger into the frogs back.

“Why did you do that. I just saved your life” the frog screamed as he lay dying.

The scorpion replied…..”I’m a scorpion. That’s what we do”.

For months the Country has held up on high Kristen Sinema and Joe Manchin as the only hope in heading off Biden’s insane agenda. But alas, both finally caved in and voted the Party line.

“Why did you do that”, lamented fellow Senators. “You know it’s going to raise taxes, feed inflation, and wreck the economy”.

Sinema and Manchin replied…….”because we are Democrats. That’s what we do”. Originally Posted by Jackie S

Haha... that story has a thousand different iterations.

I even used it myself a few years ago... Obama was the frog and Ayatollah Khamenei was the scorpion...

https://www.eccie.net/showpost.php?p...2&postcount=28
Yup! Typically, creatures tend to revert to instinctive behavior or tribal allegiances.

Jackie, here's an appropriate theme song to accompany your post:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhXjd88SFrk Originally Posted by Texas Contrarian

The Snake
Al Wilson

On her way to work one morning
Down the path alongside the lake
A tender-hearted woman saw a poor half-frozen snake
His pretty colored skin had been all frosted with the dew
"Oh well, " she cried, "I'll take you in and I'll take care of you"
"Take me in, oh, tender woman (yes, come on in)
Take me in, for heaven's sake (yes, come on in)
Take me in, tender woman, " sighed the snake

Now she wrapped him up all cozy in a coverture of silk
And laid him by the fireside with some honey and some milk
Now she hurried home from work that night, as soon she arrived
Now she found that pretty snake she'd taken in had been revived

Now she clutched him to her bosom, "You're so beautiful, " she cried
"But if I hadn't brought you in by now you might have died"
Now she stroked his pretty skin again and then kissed and held him tight
But instead of saying thanks, that snake gave her a vicious bite (ooh)

"I saved you, " cried that woman
"And you've bitten me, even why?
And you know your bite is poisonous and now I'm gonna die"
"Oh, shut up, silly woman, " said that reptile with a grin
"Now you knew darn well I was a snake before you brought me in"
"Please take me in, oh, tender woman (yes, come on in)
Sighed the snake
Take me in tender woman
(Come on in you pretty snake, come on in)
Snake, snake (yeah, come on in you pretty snake)
Take me in, tender woman (come on in, yeah, yeah, yeah)
Snake (come on in yeah, yeah, yeah)
Let us pray they put another 35 million in there for DeSantis to give away to the caregivers of orphans in Florida! Originally Posted by WTF
I warned you to stop making yourself look stupid, but you won't listen...

I'll tell you what - henceforth, each time you troll-talk about DeSantis spending a puny, insignificant $35 million of "use it or lose it" fed dollars, I'll repost the following FACTS: Originally Posted by lustylad
You look incredibly stupid when you try to depict Ron DeSantis as a big spender.

He just closed the books on the state fiscal year ending June 30th with a surplus of almost $22 billion. Rather than bribing voters (like Gov. Gruesome did in California), DeSantis is prudently using much of this money to add to Florida's rainy day reserve fund.

Florida has roughly the same population as New York State, yet it spends 1/2 as much as the Empire state while delivering a much higher level of services to its residents. Hmm... is Florida an efficient provider of taxpayer services or is New York just hopelessly wasteful & inefficient? Must be a combination of BOTH!

And when did DeSantis "hike taxes"? Oh wait, he didn't!

Lookee here, folks! Read this if you want to become familiar with the FACTS instead of WTF's completely false narratives!

https://www.flgov.com/2022/05/06/gov...ridas-history/ Originally Posted by lustylad
Kicking and screaming into the 20th Century.

Kicking and screaming.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAY
...(Sinema) got the provision to eliminate carried interest treatment of fees charged by private equity fund managers stripped from the bill. That's one of the biggest loopholes out there. Today on CNBC someone was arguing that Sinema did this to take the heat for Schumer and others who get lots of campaign donations from fund managers. Originally Posted by Tiny
Brilliant politicking if so. Originally Posted by WTF
Wow!

So when dim-retards are completely two-faced about raising taxes on the rich (which you keep telling everyone is of utmost importance) you deem it "brilliant politicking"?

I'm flabbergasted! Hard for me to decide who is a bigger phony partisan hypocrite - you or Chucky Schumer?

Maybe this is a good time to revisit Contrarian's... er, I mean Captain Midnight's previous comments on the issue of the carried-interest tax provision.

Do you even know what "carried interest" refers to?

These people don't give a rat's ass about properly reforming or fixing anything if instead they can simply keep an issue remotely describable as blocking tax cuts for the "rich" around for continuing episodes of demagoguery. I think another good example is the carried interest "loophole," which liberals have used as a whipping post for many years. They love to say they're doing all they can to end it, but back in 2007 two prominent Senators worked behind the scenes to make that effort quietly go away. (If you immediately guessed that the names of those two Senators are Clinton and Schumer, you understand this issue!) Originally Posted by Texas Contrarian
Kicking and screaming into the 20th Century.

Kicking and screaming.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAY Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
Sad, ain't it?

Dim-retards believe we should all go back to riding bicycles as our chief mode of transportation... just like everyone did before the internal-combustion engine was invented in the 19th Century.
Would somebody kindly quote my post #18 above, so the OP will be forced to stop pretending he didn't read it because he has me on ignore?

Thanks in advance!
In the end manchin and sinema just showed their true colors.
Anyone actually believe they wouldnt? Originally Posted by winn dixie
they're mavericks until they can't take the heat from their team.
for the OP

Would somebody kindly quote my post #18 above, so the OP will be forced to stop pretending he didn't read it because he has me on ignore?

Thanks in advance! Originally Posted by lustylad
What bill are we talking about here? Is it the "Social Spending and Climate Bill"?

Daayyuumm! I can't seem to find that one on the Senate or House docket anywhere...

Oh wait! You must mean the colossally misnamed "Inflation Reduction Act", right?

If you're so sure it's a "win" for Joey, then why are you so timid about tooting the bill by its actual name??

And why don't you comment in THIS thread instead of starting a new one?

https://www.eccie.net/showthread.php?t=2863196 Originally Posted by lustylad
IN RESPONSE TO THE BP (before poster)

Thanks, DF.

I've managed to reduce minor irritants and minor abrasions for the past two years by ignoring attacking comments from minor league players.

No reason to change that now.

I do see that LL has dropped quite a few consecutive posts in my thread. I can only assume he's melting down, as he has been all week. Please give him my regards and let him know we all hope he enjoys his next vacation.

Meanwhile, please try to stay on topic.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAH!
IN RESPONSE TO THE BP (before poster)

Thanks, DF.

I've managed to reduce my chronic meltdowns and frequent bancations for the past two years by ignoring intelligent and pointed comments from well-informed players.

No reason to change that now... Originally Posted by Yssup Rider

Dilbert - please convey to yssup/hoedummer my thanks for his honest reply.
for YR

Dilbert - please convey to yssup/hoedummer my thanks for his honest reply. Originally Posted by lustylad