Sequestration and the Hobby

If Boehner and McConnel were facing a 20% pay cut, things would be different.

How can you feel the impact of sequestration if it doesn't affect you (congress, the Senate, and Obama)

Oh thats right, Obama's White House staff (cooks and such) will be affected, but good thing he can grab a meal on a golf course somewhere. And don't forget that $250 million we just gave to Egypt.

Meanwhile me and 2 million others will be taking one for the team,
Not to mention his million dollar rounds of golf. To bad we haven't had the chance for a new guy....oh wait we did
I’m not sure if the rest of the Department of Defense will institute these furloughs or not. Originally Posted by Bmerazi
As somebody already mentioned, it's DoD-wide; I'm facing the same situation myself.

...For me, that 20% is the disposable income I use to hobby. It will likely cause me to hobby bargain shop for the remainder of the fiscal year (specials, loyalty rates, fewer hobby days etc.) Originally Posted by Bmerazi
For me, even "bargain shopping" is not an option. I will have to give up "playing" altogether.
For me, even "bargain shopping" is not an option. I will have to give up "playing" altogether. Originally Posted by Bush Pilot
As for me, I'm still on the fence on whether to quit the Hobby (but I've been on the fence for years, lol) , although the way the economy is going, I have finally been forced to hobby way less frequently than I used to but now I find it difficult to leave the Hobby.
Levi, I think you fell off the fence then climbed back on...
  • Netx9
  • 03-10-2013, 01:03 PM
Levi, I'm just getting into the hobby again after a 10+ yr hiatus and I think for the time being, I'll stick with a few quality pros so at least I know it is $ well spent. I totally get the fence thing... A little addicting. Didn't think I'd pop $$$$ in one trip... One word: Sonya
Cmon levi,

Admit that your addicted like the rest of us. Just don't say that you will retire but may be taking a sabbatical and see how that works.

SF
Guys, Levi isn't thinking about quitting, he's trying to get us to help him by suggesting who he next experience should be to convince him to stay. I think it is an effective ploy on his part to get advice.

** Hello, I am currently on furlough. Your phone call is important,
just not today. Please call back during my regularly scheduled
workdays.

~~~~~~~~

** I am currently on furlough. Please contact one of our uniformed
members who are deployed downrange.

~~~~~~~~

** Hello, I am currently on furlough. Please select one of the
following options.
Press 1 to hang-up.
Press 2 to listen to music.

~~~~~~~~

** I am currently out of office on furlough. Since I am not being
paid, please contact someone who is.

~~~~~~~~

** I am currently out of office on furlough (defined in the government
Thesaurus as being on vacation or the government dictionary as having
been laid off). If you need assistance contact a government contractor
or military person who is still working and being paid for it.

~~~~~~~~

** Hello, I am currently out of the office on furlough. I would ask
you to contact my boss or his boss for assistance, but they are out on
furlough too.

~~~~~~~~
TFF Dennisrn
All true Dennis. Although I have not heard specifics, it will impact my job. Trips are being cancelled, support will be cut, and you are correct, the ones I support will have no one to call for help.

I love they way they take chances on the lives of many soldiers without really knowing what the outcome will be.