WTF!! Annoying Engineer Emails!

Gemma, my muse, you can block those emails. And I suggest you do that. Now, about that wonderful buttocks you mentioned...
these emails go directly to my inbox NOT my spam....i NEVER check my spam due to these types of emails. sigh...they found my inbox! They also sent me a passport application from the embassy. ~giggles~ Originally Posted by Gemma34
gemma,

welcome to the world of internet spam!!!

when someone sends an email to your email address, your email provider receives it and, based on some anti-spam logic, either puts the email in your spam folder or in your inbox "folder".

the sender doesnt get to decide which email folder it goes in.
the anti-spam logic does. and sometimes the logic doesnt mark a spam email as spam and it winds up in your inbox folder. computers aint perfect cos people aint perfect.

so, as Lunytunz suggested, use your email appl/website to mark the email [and other such emails] as spam.

btw, if your email address is anywhere on the web, chances are that some web-scrapping utility will find it and sell it to the email scammers.

i have a specific email address i use for discussion boards related to my real work job. i now get all kinds of spam addressed to that email address.

mark the emails as spam, then delete it.
Have fun in Africa.

Woody
I normally don't even take time to post a title to my replies, but I am hoping everyone will see it.

Gemma, don't even think about! The States are a safe zone, regardless of the depiction you see in our media.

International sources sometimes get thru our spam screens, but totally disregard that crap.

Engineers my ass! Africa?! Don't even reply. Make it disappear. And go watch Liam Neeson in Taken.

Nuff said.