Meanwhile, Back In Chicago........

Who is "they"? Who "are" they would be correct.
Oh! The NRA? Yes, that's who my post was about. Good guess.

Munch, here's what the NRA says: https://www.nraila.org/issues/background-checksnics/

The NRA is not opposed to "background checks" ... What the NRA does say is:

"Federal gun control laws are already strong enough

In addition to requiring firearm dealers, manufacturers, and importers to initiate a background check on any non-licensee to whom they intend to transfer a firearm, and prohibiting the possession of firearms by nine categories of prohibited persons,[29] federal law already prohibits things associated with what gun control supporters call “online” or “internet” firearm sales."

Individual states may have their own laws regarding buying or possessing a firearm.

One thing you might want to do is not get "open carry" mixed up with "background checks"!

What I mean by that is ... "concealed" vs "open" ... is one issue and

.. the scope and depth of the "background checks" are another separate issue. Originally Posted by LexusLover
Mixed up? You mean similar to your understanding of "opinion" and "fact"?

I meant what I said.
It's my opinion I don't see how they can support one and not the other.
It's fact the nra opposes background checks on private party sales (called universal by some). 40% of all gun sales if the 2 out of 5 number I've seen is correct
Yes a few states have that covered. About 20 out of 50.
40%
Mixed up? You mean similar to your understanding of "opinion" and "fact"? Originally Posted by Munchmasterman
As is too often the case with you ..

.. you change your opinion to fit the facts.

That's not what you originally posted ....

... what I posted was factual.
They promote open carry but not background checks. Originally Posted by Munchmasterman
Munch, here's what the NRA says: https://www.nraila.org/issues/background-checksnics/

The NRA is not opposed to "background checks" ... What the NRA does say is:

"Federal gun control laws are already strong enough

In addition to requiring firearm dealers, manufacturers, and importers to initiate a background check on any non-licensee to whom they intend to transfer a firearm, and prohibiting the possession of firearms by nine categories of prohibited persons,[29] federal law already prohibits things associated with what gun control supporters call “online” or “internet” firearm sales."

Individual states may have their own laws regarding buying or possessing a firearm.

One thing you might want to do is not get "open carry" mixed up with "background checks"!

What I mean by that is ... "concealed" vs "open" ... is one issue and

.. the scope and depth of the "background checks" are another separate issue. Originally Posted by LexusLover

I meant what I said.

It's fact the nra opposes background checks on private party sales (called universal by some).
Originally Posted by Munchmasterman
As is too often the case with you ..

.. you change your opinion to fit the facts.

That's not what you originally posted ....

... what I posted was factual. Originally Posted by LexusLover
Let me repeat what you posted:

They promote open carry but not background checks. Originally Posted by Munchmasterman
You did the same with the Clarksville discussion ....

... the moment you saw my position on the issue!!!!
The NRA's stance on Guns is........maximum punishment for any person committing a crime with a gun, education of gun owners so they are proficient with a firearm, and educating gun owners so they understand the responsibility of gun ownership.

I am a lifetime NRA member. In my opinion, they might have flaws, but they are the only organization fighting tooth and nail for the rights granted to us by The 2d Amendment.

For all of you that slept through History and Social Study classes in high school, the 2d Amendment is law. It is part of our Constitution. It is one of the first 10 Amendments commonly known as The Bill of Rights. Those were set forth to reign in an oppressive government.

Do they even teach that in our schools anymore?
  • DSK
  • 08-22-2016, 03:33 PM
What evidence? Your statement is comparing apples and rocks. Your solution might work in the next country you move to.

If they CAUSE anyones death for no good reason then they should be held responsible.
You know, personal responsibility.
Or maybe y9u don't know.
Originally Posted by Munchmasterman
Your own sig line disavows following the laws of the United States when your quotee chooses not to do so. When your dad was told to clean the latrine in WWII, he had to fucking do it, didn't he?

We don't get to pick and choose the laws we follow, you fucking racist anarchist.

I take care of all my personal responsibilities, you dick smoking faggot.
  • DSK
  • 08-22-2016, 03:34 PM
The NRA's stance on Guns is........maximum punishment for any person committing a crime with a gun, education of gun owners so they are proficient with a firearm, and educating gun owners so they understand the responsibility of gun ownership.

I am a lifetime NRA member. In my opinion, they might have flaws, but they are the only organization fighting tooth and nail for the rights granted to us by The 2d Amendment.

For all of you that slept through History and Social Study classes in high school, the 2d Amendment is law. It is part of our Constitution. It is one of the first 10 Amendments commonly known as The Bill of Rights. Those were set forth to reign in an oppressive government.

Do they even teach that in our schools anymore? Originally Posted by Jackie S
They mostly teach that anything the white man supports is racist.