Barter system, anyone?

They take cash, gold and silver.
I love gold and silver....

I used to mechanic and fix cars, but now that's just a hobby too. I do tell people what is wrong and save them money on repairs but I don't do them anymore.

I will offer up a kitty tasting service.... In exchange for back and ass rubs. And its not so horrible, I have a very nice ass.
I prefer to trade in gasoline. The last time I filled up, it was the same as a good 1/2 hour session. Did I get screwed?
I'll barter for cash. U.S. Currency please! Originally Posted by brownsugarbaby
Yes, me too! But I also take Australian Dollars.
I have bartered several times. My experience now tells me its better to just pay regular rates for services from both sides. No arguments about whos service is worth what, etc. No scheduling issue or feeling rushed becasue she is not getting paid in cash.She pays me and if I want a session, I turn around and pay her. Seems to workout better in the long run and the net result is the same as if we bartered directly.

This is more of when the guy is delivering some service that is part of his regular job. Like computer repair, web design, car repairs, etc. If its something I happen to do as a hobby, then I might treat it a bit different and be more inclined to work something out.
The barter system is used in several countries where cash just doesn't flow as easily as it does in America. Without getting too specific, I've traded services for medical care before and both of us were content.

Thanks for the responses, everyone...appreciate it!
I have done it. It worked out fine.
I have done mechanic work for a few providers and a few hobbyist also. Some pay cash and a few have bartered for the work. Depending on the estimate given for the work and an understanding before hand, it can be done. As stated in this thread, money sometimes is tight and the work needs to be done. Just as we research providers they should be able to research if your shop is legit. Just my two cents.
I will barter a taintra session to the ladies.
  • BLM69
  • 09-17-2013, 09:05 PM
I have done mechanic work for a few providers and a few hobbyist also. Some pay cash and a few have bartered for the work. Depending on the estimate given for the work and an understanding before hand, it can be done. As stated in this thread, money sometimes is tight and the work needs to be done. Just as we research providers they should be able to research if your shop is legit. Just my two cents. Originally Posted by xavierz21
I've done mobile mechanic bartering also. Just have to clear what work will be done and what's expected from both sides.
I tried mobile car repair once, got screwed, but not how I was looking for. Might try again but ?
For me, mobile repair is harder that picking the car up with my car hauler and trailering it back to the shop. Changing struts, motor mounts and radiators is hard work without a lift and sometimes you need special tools for certain cars. I have done on the spot repairs on some cars if its a radiator hose or a coolant leak of some kind but not knocking those that can do more extensive mechanic work out of their vehicles. Anyway back to the OP's topic, just finished bartering auto repairs with a civy ( non- hobby personnel ). She was broke down on I-30 towards Arlington and was in need of a tow and repair. I helped out with the tow and she offered a quick romp at her place. Afterwards she agreed to have me pick up the car the next day and repair it at my shop. Everything went well and she had her SO pay the bill. Got lucky on that one, usually when I stop to help they look like Chewbaka or just need gas.
I've bartered service for service before and to save headaches - we agreed it would be time for time with no skewing based on where our normal price points were set.
  • BLM69
  • 09-20-2013, 02:19 PM
I've bartered service for service before and to save headaches - we agreed it would be time for time with no skewing based on where our normal price points were set. Originally Posted by Adonis
That would be great but I usually get the short end of the stick. lol
i will def barter with a mechanic right now Originally Posted by dallastxbaby
👀