Predictions...Mavs or Heat

Miami takes game 1: .. 85 - 97 .. (Mavs baited into too much half court offense and poor rebounding.)

Dallas takes game 2: .. 101 - 97 .. (Better team rebounding, neither team shoots for great %)

Dallas takes game 3: .. 106 - 110 .. (Mavs shoots better and earlier in shotclock. Wade a no-show.)

Miami takes game 4: .. 97 - 91 .. (Wade/James/Haslem/Bosh/Anthony lineup kills Mavs in final quarter, Mavs "quick" small lineup is no counter.)

Dallas takes game 5: .. 102 - 106 .. (Mavs win at the free throw line. Kidd gets open too many times at end of hectic game.)

Dallas takes game 6: .. 95 - 87 .. (Miami misses enough outside shots, and Mavs grit their teeth just hard enough to squeak by.)

Mavs win series 4-2. .. Jason Kidd wins Finals MVP.

------ Miami off-season after loss. -----

<-- Chris Bosh "Goin' Fishing", before he gets traded during off season.

<-- LeBron and Wade becoming closer ... teammates.

<-- Spoelstra stepping aside for real coach.
It all comes down to a couple of key match-ups:

Marion on James
Chandler on Bosh

If they can keep them down the Mavs have a great chance. If not, it's over.

Oh, and Cuban needs to keep his frickin' mouth shut, or we'll see another parade of Heat at the free throw line.
I think most of the U.S. will be rooting for Dallas and this "presentation" is just one reason...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9BqU...eature=related

I agree Dallas has the better coach. Hopefully Cuban will behave. I think the refs will be more fair in officiating this time.
This series is very, very close. I believe it will go 7 games and I hope that the Mavs win 4 of them.

The Mavs have had the tougher road so far in the playoffs. Chicago is offensively challenged (duh) and the Celtics cannot play with out Rajon but had to anyway. The Mavs have beaten teams in this playoff run with 3 of the top 7 or 8 players in the league (Kobe, Westbrook, Durant) and beaten them all with out having to go 7 games.

Miami has 2 top 5 players but little else. It's up to the Mavs bench to wear down Miami's superstars so they have little left in the fourth quarter. This is doable for the Mavs over a long series.

Go Mavs.

Beach
Mavs missed their shots, missed several lay ups, poor defense on Wade, weak rebounding, and a couple of bogus foul calls on Chandler and Dirk. The result...
1-0 Heat.
Miami takes game 1: .. 85 - 97 .. (Mavs baited into too much half court offense and poor rebounding.) Originally Posted by Mr No Confidence
I'm not even close. .. haha

Mavs killed their chances to win that game on offense. Too many empty possessions, but the defense was good enough for most of the game. Ehh, it's fixable .. on to game 2!
LETS GO HEAT!!! HEAT WIN IN 6... AGAIN!
Hard to get out rebounded by 10 and win a game unless you shoot lights out. That's not going to happen with Miami's defense. Playing too much zone hurt rebounding.
Based on tonight's game, Heat in 4. Mavs can't beat that team. The Heat played a shitty first half but the Mavs didn't.

Wade and James slept through the first half while Dirk did what he could and Bosh kept things even for the Heat. There was nothing the Mavs could do to stop the onslaught in the 3rd and 4th when Wade and James woke up. You can tell it's game over when the Mavs give up and start firing no-chance 3-pointers instead of driving for the basket. Can't fault Dirk tonight but can't say the same for the team.
Dirk tore a tendon in the middle finger of his shooting hand, looks like this one is going to be done quickly.
  • broes
  • 06-01-2011, 10:25 AM
Dirk tore a tendon in the middle finger of his shooting hand, looks like this one is going to be done quickly. Originally Posted by bigdog0311
Dirk hurt a finger on his left hand. He is a right handed shooter. As per usual, never believe anything that this guy posts.
Even if it was his right hand, it's Dirk...and it's the playoffs. I doubt he would allow his finger to ruin anything lol
Another Fugazi?

What I saw last night was hardly a definative answer to how this whole series will go down. The Mavs shot poorly, partly due to defense and party due to missing too many open looks. They kept up the hot shooting for 12 other wins. You live with it, you die with it. Some of JJ's floaters in the lane didn't fall. Not because the shot was contested but because they just didn't fall. Again, you live with it, you die with it.

The heat hit some strong shots down the stretch but it isn't their strong suit to rain 3 pointers. They can't keep that up all series when they haven't been doing it so far.

We are yet to see the adjustments. Let's see if Video boy can outcoach Carlisle. I think this series potentially rests more on adjustments those coaches can make.
Even if it was his right hand, it's Dirk...and it's the playoffs. I doubt he would allow his finger to ruin anything lol Originally Posted by hotlips_houlihan
I wish I could agree, but the last time Dallas faced the Heat in the finals, Dirk completely folded, even without a sore finger.

Dirk was the best part about the Mavs play last night, but I'm not ready to unconditionally pin my hopes on him... yet.
MAVS! MAVS! MAVS!!