MORE OBAMA REGULATIONS PILED ON US.....

Children working on farms is a tradition. We don't need the government to continue telling families what is and is not right for their children. And we certainly don't need Human Rights Watch protecting us. It ain't broke, it doesn't need fixing.
Here ya go.. straight from the CDC on the injuries and fatalities of children working on farms. http://www.cdc.gov/niosh/topics/aginjury/

I do not want children under the age of 18 handling dangerous chemicals or pesticides nor do I want a young child working dangerous farm equipment. If they are 17 or older then they need to be trained to properly use the farm equipment.. just as we require learner permits and training for our youth to drive cars.

Children should not be working 10 hour shifts on farms period. There has to be child development, schooling and letting a child be a child.

Oh here is another study with statistics: http://childinjuryhelp.com/blog/stud...nd-statistics/
WHD Proposed Rules Again everything they are outlining is perfectly reasonable.
Just more government interference into the lives of American families.. According to your figures, the death rate for farm children is 0.01%. What is the death rate among non farm teenagers? Those injured on farms due to farm work is 0.33% That's a pretty damn good safety record. The government simply wants more control over the food supply so they can have more control over the people. Don't kid yourself, there is no benevolence of love of children behind this. The figures show that working on a farm is pretty safe. There are some careless people, in all professions. We don't need more government in this.

Do the math, for Christ's sake. This isn't a problem.
Cog read the proposal first.. it is not what this lying article is trying to make it out to be.
  • CJ7
  • 04-25-2012, 05:23 PM
consider the same regs apply to immigrant child workers too
So we destroy the family farm on the basis of some liberal claptrap where they lie about the numbers and dangers? Somewhere, somehow, this government has to give up trying to control everything. America is about Liberty, not government micromanaging our lives.

But there is a danger. I know some farm kids who actually drink raw milk! Horrors!

And what the hell is wrong with kids working? I've been working since I was 12 years old. (I know I'm not the best example.) It's not a bad thing. What would help society the most right now is if government would get out of the way of kids trying to work. No, I'm not talking about 18 hour shifts in factories, but sweeping up a store, or flipping burgers, helping out at school, just something part time after school would do a lot these kids a world of good. And put some money in their pocket. And maybe keep them from getting in trouble.

But seriously, government has gotten completely out of control. I know it won't stop, but I will not stand by and give my tacit approval to government's ever extending reach. We are no longer a free country.
Ozombies would be for the EPA monitoring these Hookers for all the dirty Lube thats going down their drains. Fine them like BP.

I often wonder if Hooktards are paying 30% tax on all that cash they get every month. Maybe they could be assigned a personal IRS agent.

This would piss us off. Y'all NOT SO MUCH...LOL
I guess that means when I hauled hay and loaded watermelons I was being exploited as a child under the age of 17. I did not know that picking and shelling peas was a criminal enterprise. Cutting okra and picking figs. God forbid I would gather pecans and shell them to make some money. A lot of kids learned to drive on a tractor.
I suppose if it was up to the government I would have never learned anything about farming. Planting and harvesting vegetables in the sun without sunscreen or protective clotting.
I never knew I was in so much danger.
But then again I had parents and grandparents and aunts and uncles and cousins that I learned from.
You know at the time I thought that was a part of growing up and being a kid. I sure wish I had known I was being robbed of my childhood. Those occasional watermelons that fell from the truck sure did taste good and I still love the fig preserves we made, the homemade peach ice cream, black berry cobbler and all of it with the knowledge that I had personally harvested the ingredients. I miked cows too damn if I couldn't have gotten kicked.

I fed the chickens and gathered the eggs. I used to haul feed and fertilizer too.
helped build fences and hay barns and work the cows (that means vaccinate).

You know if I waited till I was 17 I would have never gotten to experience any of that, I would have been chasing pussy.
Just more government interference into the lives of American families.. According to your figures, the death rate for farm children is 0.01%. What is the death rate among non farm teenagers? Those injured on farms due to farm work is 0.33% That's a pretty damn good safety record. The government simply wants more control over the food supply so they can have more control over the people. Don't kid yourself, there is no benevolence of love of children behind this. The figures show that working on a farm is pretty safe. There are some careless people, in all professions. We don't need more government in this.

Do the math, for Christ's sake. This isn't a problem. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
You people really need to read the proposal...it's specific to safety, employment (not helping Grandpa bring in the cattle) and youths employed on parent owned farms are exempt. The link to the proposal is in the article....just read it.

It sounds like it is targeting child labor not family owned farms. Because some farms are rather large this will still effect a lot of operations that hire someone under age.
Yes it is more government intervention and not something that everyone will agree on, but it is in the best interest of the children.
You people really need to read the proposal...it's specific to safety, employment (not helping Grandpa bring in the cattle) and youths employed on parent owned farms are exempt. The link to the proposal is in the article....just read it. Originally Posted by Sexyeccentric1

I'm all for your saftey and employment. (youths) oh hell no. My taxes come right out of my paycheck. You know my 30% or so.
This is clearly and explicitly the domain of the state and local governments. This is not a federal matter. The Department of Labor, aka the Obama Administration, is simply pulling another power grab. These people MUST be removed from office. They are out of control.
We did not own the watermelons we loaded but it sure was nice to have some spending money in the summer when school was out. Same with hauling hay. Both of these were good physical exercise and you learned team work.

No wonder we got a bunch of fat lazy kids, people are afraid of letting their children do anything for fear of some government agency's reprisal.
And what the hell is wrong with kids working? I've been working since I was 12 years old. (I know I'm not the best example.) Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy

damn straight u aint da best example. u arent much ov a worker & 1 lazyazz mofo, i wouldnt let u work 4 me. instead of workin, or relating wit the people in ur life, u r here postin mornin, noon & night.

CreeopyOldLoser, congratulations on movin up 2 14 on the loser list.