ever lose your ass playing poker or gambling in general?

• CJ7
  • 04-13-2013, 11:06 AM
my X and I went to Vegas to celebrate our 1st year of marriage. I tried like hell to lose her while I was there ... no such luck.
you might not have been a winner with that, but was the girl was the loser?

when i was a kid..i had saved close to $700 hundred bucks, hell you could buy a car for $700... i was working my way through college and getting my share of my dad's VA for his serving in WW II and social security..the VA was $18 a month and the Social Security was $88..a cool $106 every month plus i was making maybe $30 a week working..so when the dorm closed for Christmas break and they made us all leave..i had no where to go...so i caught a bus to las vegas

lost it all and spend 5 days walking and hitch hiking back to texas Originally Posted by nevergaveitathought
Interesting. This must of been in the 50s or early 60s. You could probably get a top of the line Vegas hooker for $20 bucks. That's how I would have lost it.
  • KCJoe
  • 04-13-2013, 08:19 PM
The only time I ever won gambling, I was too drunk to remember. I was on a cruise and fellow passengers were telling me the next day about how much I was winning at craps and what an ass I was. Said that when it was my turn to throw, I used both hands on the dice, and threw them off the table and hit some fat chick sitting at a slot machine. They said I had over $1k I was playing with. The next day I had about $200 of that left. The weird thing is, I still don't know how to play craps.