Favorite Exotic Dish

Golombki, Czarnina, Borscz... Polish food translated to Pigs in the Blanket, Duck Soup and Cabbage Soup. Also Pierogi, stuffed with either cabbage, cheese, prunes or potatoes. Originally Posted by BfloEd
Maryann's Restaurant in Broadalbin has an amazing Polish Night on Wednesdays. The plates are heaping with homemade Polish food.
Gefiltes

Originally Posted by whosdair
My Bohemian predecessors adopted that dish from the Ashkenazi Jews. I have no idea why. Spent countless agonizing hours choking that shit down as a child, traumatizing! You can keep the Herring too, I'll take the hummus please.
maybe u like shakshuka homie

So what am I?

I always heard that oysters on a half shell were exotic and also aphrodisiacs.I ordered a dozen once but only ten worked.
maybe u like shakshuka homie

Western Omlette ala Israel.
And, as the Passover season's just around the corner:
Pickled herring

Sweetbreads
Back in the day you could get them at The Hourglass on Kenmore Ave.
Then at the original McMahon's on Main and Harlem.
Once in awhile Oliver's had them.
Now I don't bother looking for them anymore.

Sweetbreads
Back in the day you could get them at The Hourglass on Kenmore Ave.
Then at the original McMahon's on Main and Harlem.
Once in awhile Oliver's had them. Originally Posted by jokacz
I share your taste and lament. We can't blame the restaurants as diners have become less and less adventurous.

Short of going to Europe, your best bet of getting sweetbread dishes might be in Montreal.
Thanks for the feedback, Jack.
I wish I could share your enthusiasm for tripe, but I was traumatized at an early age by my grandmother cooking it all the time.
If you only knew how bad it smells when being boiled; like someone cooking dirty sneakers.
And the slime that rises to the top of the kettle.
I guess it's best not to watch sausage being made, so to speak.
Another "endangered" dish I enjoy is Foie Gras:

We can still get it at some restaurants here, such as Oliver's and Rue Franklin, but it might not last if the animal rights folks have their way.
Avocado onion lettuce and oil, stuffed in hollow French bread

Another "endangered" dish I enjoy is Foie Gras:

We can still get it at some restaurants here, such as Oliver's and Rue Franklin, but it might not last if the animal rights folks have their way. Originally Posted by jackfengshui
If only they could figure out how to get it from BBWs.

We could kill two birds with one stone. Cruel?
We could kill two birds with one stone. Cruel? Originally Posted by jokacz
Perhaps.

Seriously, I must confess that, while I believe both in eating well and in treating animals as humanely as possible, my stomach comes first if I'm forced to make a choice.
Tripe in upstate NY is Menundo in TX.

Looking at those dishes makes me grateful I love to nibble taint.