m1 rifles to be banned?

Calling this a "ban" is absurd. Neither of the rifles that we're talking about here (M1 Garand and M1 carbine, vast majority of these Korean rifles..over 700,000.... are the carbine version) have been banned. Both are readily available for purchase in the US. Frankly, I don't see the problem with the weapons being made available for purchase from Korea on the private market but calling this a ban and impugning Obama's patriotism, etc etc etc is bullshit. And you dishonor those men you reference who did die with these rifles in their hands defending our country by trying to utilize their sacrifice for your silly political argument. Shame on you. Originally Posted by timpage
your defense is misplaced.

Exhibit A:
Operation Gunwalker Scandal
Jesus. Tim, that must be some tasty kool-aid.
this was standard issue at Ft. Bragg in the early 60s.....

http://www.gunsinternational.com/M1A...n_id=100192752
Jesus. Tim, that must be some tasty kool-aid. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
undoubtably spiked as well.
this was standard issue at Ft. Bragg in the early 60s.....

http://www.gunsinternational.com/M1A...n_id=100192752 Originally Posted by dennisrn
Never saw one of those para-trooper style M1s rifles before. cool. those things must be rare due to its high pricing.

I see that the prices for the M1s in several variants range from $600 to $4000.
all USAF PJs received..
you could mount a muzzle circle on the heel of your jump boot and insert muzzle...
hang the stock from your waist ammo belt (next to your .45 holster)...
use your foot for aiming and fire..
we used to place piece of asbestos on inside edge of boot to prevent muzzle flash injury especially if you had phosphorus rounds for direction..
Sounds like someone trying to drive up the cost of some old rifles. I've seen this a lot in the last few years mostly started by gun sellers. You start a rumor about Obama banning a certain type of firearm and the prices shoot thur the roof. And after there all sold for many times over there worth the people who bought them start the wait to watch there investment pay off. There is a gun shop close to where I live that sold out shortly after Obama was elected. And nothing was on sale either! I know guys who paid double what something's were worth.

I have one of those same rifles I always figured it wasnt worth much but if any of you would like to buy it I'll let it go for 3000
which one, the m1 or the ma duece? Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm
Not to be rude or anything....but, did that question really need to be asked???? Anyone who doesn't say a ma duece...is certifable....
Not to be rude or anything....but, did that question really need to be asked???? Anyone who doesn't say a ma duece...is certifable.... Originally Posted by Raa1965
lunatic?

cool, but devastating weapon.

It was showcased during the Red Jacket episode (forget the name of the reality based series on Discovery channel) where they test fired this weapon they assembled.
lunatic?

cool, but devastating weapon.

It was showcased during the Red Jacket episode (forget the name of the reality based series on Discovery channel) where they test fired this weapon they assembled. Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm
"Sons of Guns" - Ma Deuce Rules! I had the pleasure to fire that weapon many times over the course of my career. I have an M1 Carbine in my collection, but no Ma Deuce.
As a Track Commander, I qualified with the 50, had to shoot it mounted on the M114 Personel Carrier, then dismounting and setting her up on the tripod. Three man team; shooter, belt man, and barrel man. We had to go through an entire barrel change cycle.

Awesome weapon. You could tear a junk target vehicle, (usually an old Duece & Half), all to pieces, at 2000 yards.
As a Track Commander, I qualified with the 50, had to shoot it mounted on the M114 Personel Carrier, then dismounting and setting her up on the tripod. Three man team; shooter, belt man, and barrel man. We had to go through an entire barrel change cycle.

Awesome weapon. You could tear a junk target vehicle, (usually an old Duece & Half), all to pieces, at 2000 yards. Originally Posted by Jackie S
for the clueless, what's a Track Commander?
I was a Communications Sgt, (E-5) in a Mechanized Infrantry Battalion., so that made me the "commander" of our M114 Personel Carrier. The 114 mounted a 50 cal in a mechanized rotary mount that was incorporated in the whole hatch assy.

Many called the 114 a re-con track, but ours was set up as a communications station.
I was a Communications Sgt, (E-5) in a Mechanized Infantry Battalion., so that made me the "commander" of our M114 Personel Carrier. The 114 mounted a 50 cal in a mechanized rotary mount that was incorporated in the whole hatch assy.

Many called the 114 a re-con track, but ours was set up as a communications station. Originally Posted by Jackie S
ah, that explains the Track designation. Does this designation also include Tanks or they refered to as Tank commander?

for those wondering what the hell an M114 is...

interesting that it was used in Vietnam, under-powered engine & weak armor (made out of aluminum) prolly killed it.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M114_ar...ghting_vehicle
ah, that explains the Track designation. Does this designation also include Tanks or they refered to as Tank commander?

for those wondering what the hell an M114 is...

interesting that it was used in Vietnam, under-powered engine & weak armor (made out of aluminum) prolly killed it.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M114_ar...ghting_vehicle Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm
The "TCs" were the ones "privileged" to stick their heads out of the vehicle. The M113 and M114 APCs were a vast improvement over unarmored deuce and a halfs (AKA "four-by" in the USMC) or five ton trucks - or walking everywhere you went and wearing out your LPCs (leather personnel carriers - boots).