Los Angeles may have restrictions for 3 more months

I spent a lot of years in LA. I still have friends there. Luckily for a couple of them, they work in healthcare and they are busy. They have not been asked to take a pay cut. Others, not so much because they have been told to take a big 6 figure pay cut or to fuck off and either get furloughed or laid off.

I'm working on a severance with my job. I wanted to quit a long time ago. I hate it's because of this horrible virus, but I wanted to leave a long time ago so they will definitely meet my demands to end my contract. I just can't stay at a firm more that a few years before I want to leave. My time has already expired. It's time to go. Originally Posted by Lucas McCain
Really? HC workers? Which ones? Hospitals are hurting because they had to shut down elective surgeries. It’s their bread and butter. Many layoffs. Dr Offices were equally as empty due to social distancing. Dental practices are completely shut down. Lots of HC workers are hurting. Maybe you can buy a real Porsche with your severance package!!!!
I didn't realize you were an economist! Originally Posted by pfunkdenver

Honestly that was a really silly comment so I'm not even going to address you I'm just letting everyone else know how silly your comment was.

this is a forum where people are allowed to give their opinions and what you're not going to do is try to invalidate my opinion because you don't think I'm worthy of giving it

I can tell you're the type of person that thinks that all providers are dumb. I'll go ahead and save you a lot of time and I'll let you know my credentials outside of hobbying definitely proves that to be false.

Please stay in your own lane. And if you don't have anything constructive, positive, or engaging to add to my conversations I'm asking you not to do so.

And I'll say one more time. It is everyone's right to stay home and not engage if that's what they choose but it is a travesty to force your idea amongst the general public who want to get back to work.

this is my last comment with anything coronavirus related because I am just not wasting my breath anymore going back and forth with people.
https://www.latimes.com/california/s...ard-new-normal

Well rip to their economy is all I can say Originally Posted by Sienna91

rip to there eco nom y
rip to there eco nom y Originally Posted by matchingmole
“there”?
this is a forum where people are allowed to give their opinions and what you're not going to do is try to invalidate my opinion because you don't think I'm worthy of giving it

I can tell you're the type of person that thinks that all providers are dumb. Originally Posted by Sienna91
You're okay kiddo. Many people won't agree with you in here. It's no big deal. You were not offensive and his comment was not necessary. Just stay true to yourself and don't sweat the small stuff. Or just simply put them on ignore if you don't want to read their posts. You articulated your opinion just fine. Don't let one post get you down about sharing your thoughts.

For whatever it is worth, I thought your post was thoughtful. Keep posting as how you see fit. Don't ever let anyone bring you down. Keep your head up and always stay strong. You define yourself. You don't let others define you.

I get called all kinds of names in this forum. I don't RTM anything because I don't give a shit. I know exactly who I am so why would I even care about anonymous people talking shit to me when they don't even know me?

Take care, be well and stay safe.
You're okay kiddo. Many people won't agree with you in here. It's no big deal. You were not offensive and his comment was not necessary. Just stay true to yourself and don't sweat the small stuff. Or just simply put them on ignore if you don't want to read their posts. You articulated your opinion just fine. Don't let one post get you down about sharing your thoughts.

For whatever it is worth, I thought your post was thoughtful. Keep posting as how you see fit. Don't ever let anyone bring you down. Keep your head up and always stay strong. You define yourself. You don't let others define you.

I get called all kinds of names in this forum. I don't RTM anything because I don't give a shit. I know exactly who I am so why would I even care about anonymous people talking shit to me when they don't even know me?

Take care, be well and stay safe. Originally Posted by Lucas McCain
thanks love I respect everyone's opinion but honestly there's just so many sour grapes now that everyone is bored I guess

I'll be glad when everything gets back to normal so some of these negative nancys can get a life
“there”? Originally Posted by bambino

rip
thanks love I respect everyone's opinion but honestly there's just so many sour grapes now that everyone is bored I guess

I'll be glad when everything gets back to normal so some of these negative nancys can get a life Originally Posted by Sienna91
I wouldn't respect everyone's opinion in this forum. There are actually some very not so smart people in this forum so I would definitely dismiss their opinions even if it was as simple as talking about the weather. So yeah, don't respect everyone's opinion because you will just read a lot of complete bullshit.

There are some smart people in here though. Most are usually easy to notice because they are mostly objective and they avoid the name calling that is so prevalent in here.

I'm definitely no saint but I pretty much just insult people when they insult me. Otherwise, I pretty much just leave people alone in here.
  • oeb11
  • 05-13-2020, 08:21 AM
S91- You are bright and post thoughtfully - those with different opinions who post with lack of respect for cogent and constructive debate do not deserve any respect from U.

Don't let the those bother you - they cannot "invalidate" your opinion - so keep posting.

Head up - your are sure as hell not dumb - and have contributed some very good thoughtful posts.

Keep it up.

and - a +1 to LM advice above.
I didn't realize you were an economist! Originally Posted by pfunkdenver

I didn't realize Dr Fauci was either
a fear of mine is that the Michigan Governor will be chosen for biden's running mate Originally Posted by Sienna91

I was thinking similar except:
  • She's white
  • Failing miserably at being a dominatrix
Why would you need to be an economist to know that shutting most everything down and keeping it down will lead to problems?

But you already knew that when you posted this.

It's what those on the left are wishing for. Economic failure. Originally Posted by eccielover

"Assuming facts not in evidence, your Honor".
a fear of mine is that the Michigan Governor will be chosen for biden's running mate Originally Posted by Sienna91

I hope he does pick her. Not picking a Black woman will cause consternation in the Democrat party I believe and I believe Whitmer's approval rating in Michigan will be in the toilet come time to pick a running mate unless a really bad second wave hits and she can forcefully say "I told you so". I think Trump will be in trouble if that happens. If on the other hand this "earlier than Fauci recommends" re-opening gets the economy back in sufficient numbers to be seen as a successful re-opening combined with all the news about how corrupt the Obama Biden administration actually was and Trump wins a second term and all of Hollywood and the press leave the country.