American Heroes

• WTF
  • 12-28-2013, 10:08 AM
I think he has done quite a bit of charity work in Gonad's neck of the woods. Originally Posted by timpage
To each his own....

I'm just surprised he didn't name George Zimmerman to his list!

• BJerk
  • 12-28-2013, 10:34 AM
Martin Luther King, Jr.
Collin Powell
George Washington Carver
Jackie Robinson
Barack Obama
Sullenberger. That dude has big brass balls. Staring almost certain death right in the face and calm, cool, collected and performing his job at it's highest level. Amazing stuff. Originally Posted by timpage
He was also the most qualified person to be sitting in that seat. Think about that.
  • WTF
  • 12-28-2013, 11:18 AM
You do realize that any number of pilots could have done wtf Skully did?
Frank Draper, Jr.

U.S. Army Technical Sergeant Frank Draper, Jr. and his fellow soldiers of Company A, 116th Infantry Regiment of the "blue and gray" 29th Division landed on the beaches of Normandy early on June 6, 1944 in the largest amphibious assault in the history of man. By the end of the day he was dead, killed in combat near the seaside caves of Vierville-sur-Mer, France. He was 26 years old.

His death devastated his family. His father, Frank P. Draper, Sr. of tiny Bedford, Virgina (pop. 3,400), built a large stone monument for the grave of his son Frank Jr. ("Juney") that alludes to the desolation of a broken heart: "We loved you Juney, dearly loved you, but God loved you best." Frank, Sr. was later to take his own life, and now lies buried next to the son he gave for the liberation of France. We can only speculate how much of the joy went out of Frank, Sr.'s life when he received the news that his son was dead on a beach half-a-world away. The violence itself is one thing, the living with the consequences and repercussions quite another.

The defeat of Nazi Germany by Allied military forces is one of the great achievements of modern times, in my opinion. An epic feat of planning, execution, and heroism, D-Day will be remember as long as men and women cherish the past.
But let us not forget in our adulation of great men such as Eisenhower, Churchill, Roosevelt, or MacArthur the contributions and sacrifices of those like Frank Draper, Jr. who is as great a hero of WWII as anyone, in my opinion. And when we think of the glory of our victory over Nazi Germany, let us not forget the broken life of Frank Draper, Sr. and thousands like him. Originally Posted by BigLouie
+1

There are millions of "Frank Drapers" that deserve to be remembered.

Martin Luther King, Jr.
Collin Powell
George Washington Carver
Jackie Robinson
Barack Obama Originally Posted by Bert Jones
Good to see that you dropped "Nelson Mandela" from your list of "Americans."
  • FU_CC
  • 12-28-2013, 12:32 PM
mmmmi ttthiinnkk 1 uuu wwwoooullld pppostt uuusself
Dad Originally Posted by WTF

You do realize that any number of pilots could have done wtf Skully did? Originally Posted by WTF

Any number of men could be your Dad to.
I have millions of heros,just like this man. 17-year-old Private First Class Jack Lucas.

• WTF
  • 12-28-2013, 03:04 PM
It's too , Dad.
  • WTF
  • 12-28-2013, 05:13 PM
Any number of men could be your Dad to. Originally Posted by TheDaliLama
I don't know where you took science but only one man can be your Daddy. Figuring out who, might take a while...

I forgot one other hero, Tom Laughlin who wrote starred and produced Billy Jack.
Any number of men could be your Dad to. Originally Posted by TheDaliLama
THAT'S Funny!

• WTF
  • 12-29-2013, 10:09 AM
THAT'S Funny!

Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
Calling you Momma a slutty whore is funny?

I see a lot of Tom Jefferson's. Are there still a lot of deadbeat drunkards that bang shackled black women in the back 40?

If the men and women that fight for our 'freedom' rank highly, where do the persons that send them to fight for profit rank?

I'm just brainstorming a few heros:

Andy Kaufman
Edward Snowden
Edmund G Ross
Andrew Jackson
Charles J Fox
  • BJerk
  • 12-29-2013, 01:54 PM
I see a lot of Tom Jefferson's. Are there still a lot of deadbeat drunkards that bang shackled black women in the back 40?

x Originally Posted by JohnnyCap
I'm betting only the Democrats stand in the way of them fulfilling that secret fantasy.
I'm betting only the Democrats stand in the way of them fulfilling that secret fantasy. Originally Posted by Bert Jones
Every time I read one of your posts, I think about the "Wheel within the Wheel"... How could that be?