Are You Sitting Down?

The Government Accountability Office, a federal agency widely known as a group of black-helicopter chasing conspiracy theorists (joke); has produced a report that also pretty much says we don't have to worry about Global Warming.

You know why? Peak and decline in oil production is upon us. According to this GAO research, the phenomenon is both real and pretty soon. It will be accompanied by substantial economic displacement etc.

So less oil will be consumed as gas prices top $10/gallon and keep climbing.

This will also raise prices of alternatives; so we can pretty much expect energy costs to be the most substantial portion of the cost of most items, especially foods that are typically trucked.

As more and more money goes into absolute bare necessities; less will be available for non-necessities. Less oil will be consumed, etc.

According to some experts, millions if not billions of people will die from starvation. This will also shrink humanity's carbon footprint.

Governments, especially less stable ones, will likely be displaced thus saving us from the hot air of politicians.

So don't worry. We're gonna run out of cheap oil.

www.gao.gov/new.items/d07283.pdf
I wish I could remember where I saw it but it wasn't an email forwarded to thousands. The gist of it was a measurement of the amount of carbon ash etc that has come forth from the volcano so far. It doesn't reach the levels of Ms. Ansley's email but it is a significant amount.
The point is that with the 80 or so volcano's erupting in some volume or other almost constantly, no amount of self-deprivation by Man will have a significant effect on the atmosphere, Global Warming et.al.
The whole GW thing is a scam as was the Global Cooling of 20 yrs ago. These folks have found a way to milk the gullible populace out of billions of dollars. The sad part is that they've also caused the idiot polititians to pass intrusive laws in the name of GW etc and the people haven't yet revolted.
Not to say that we shouldn't keep our house clean and shouldn't make an effort to evolve our energy sources but what is happening borders on the criminal.
My video was funnier. Originally Posted by Doove
That is a matter of opinion
That is a matter of opinion Originally Posted by pjorourke
I haven't watched either of them but I'm going to side with Dove on this one.
Where does the bubbling goo in the Gulf come into play? Originally Posted by pyramider
I'm reading something about oil recovery right now. When I know everything about it, I'll fill you in.

I wish somebody would start a thread about the oil leak.
My video was funnier. Originally Posted by Doove
Sorry Doove, it must be a guy thing. I didn't watch past the first few times of the man throwing up.
I'm reading something about oil recovery right now. Originally Posted by Ansley
Prescriptives to the rescue.
I haven't watched either of them but I'm going to side with Dove on this one. Originally Posted by atlcomedy
Well there is an informed decision.
Well there is an informed decision. Originally Posted by pjorourke

Did I mention I was running for Congress?
  • Doove
  • 05-04-2010, 04:16 PM
That is a matter of opinion Originally Posted by pjorourke
No Sh*&.
  • 05-05-2010, 09:39 PM
I received this email today and thought I would post it here.

"All of you out there in America and across the globe who have fought so hard to tackle the hideous enemy of our planet, namely carbon emissions, you know ....that bogus god you worship of "Climate Change" or "global warming" ....well, I feel it is necessary to inform you of some bad news. It really does pain me to have to bring you this disappointing information.

Are you sitting down?

Okay, here's the bombshell. The current volcanic eruption going on in Iceland, since its first spewing of volcanic ash a couple of weeks ago, has, to this point, NEGATED EVERY SINGLE EFFORT you have made in the past five years to control CO2 emissions on our planet.

I know, I know.... (group hug)...it's very disheartening to realize that all of the carbon emission savings you have accomplished while suffering the inconvenience and expense of: driving Prius hybrids, buying fabric grocery bags, sitting up til midnight to finish your kid's "The Green Revolution" science project, throwing out all of your non-green cleaning supplies, using only two squares of toilet paper, putting a brick in your toilet tank reservoir, selling your SUV and speedboat, going on vacation to a city park instead of Yosemite, nearly getting hit every day on your bicycle, replacing all of your $1 light bulbs with $10 light bulbs ...well, all of those things you have done have all gone down the tubes in just four days!

The volcanic ash emitted into the Earth's atmosphere in four days has totally erased every single effort you have made to reduce the evil beast, carbon.

I'm so sorry. And I do wish I had a silver lining to this volcanic ash cloud but the fact of the matter is that the brush fire season across the western U.S.A. will start in about two months and those fires will negate your efforts to reduce carbon in our world for the next two years.

But hey, grab a Coke, give the world a hug and have a nice day" Originally Posted by Ansley
"you" "you" "you"

the point? there is, to differing degrees, volcanic action every day on the planet. the point here of your friend? a merkin?

never you mind. enjoy your Coke and a smile+hug.

bless your heart.
Please, save the blessing.
I was just wondering if you have nut job suitors as well Originally Posted by atlcomedy

Beautiful women attracting the nut jobs . . . Never . . .