I don't use rubbers... (keep reading)

Well how bout that, shit ill quit complaining and let them keep lookin stupid lol
I never thought of rubber being a thug thing, I invite any lady that knows me to let us know if I am a thug. I might be and just didn't know it. Gotta lose my belt now and let my underpants show. Originally Posted by trey
You're a hardcore platinum grill wearing thug, just like me.
Johnny Dang Grillz n Watches

Rubber is a slang so if caught they may be able to talk their way out of it. There is no double meaning to condom .
It may be all a futile attempt but nevertheless , that is the 'reason' behind using that term VS. the proper word.
We all know the disclosures and myths that supposed to make it safer and yet would get you laughed out of any real situation but it is what it is .

I know you know the REAL meaning for letting your pants sag huh trey Originally Posted by DickEmDown
It started in Prisons...it was a way to let other inmates know that you were, shall I say, "Good to go" for some back door action

How all these youngsters picked up on it IDK...your guess is as good as mine EA Originally Posted by DickEmDown
It's like when people found out what SKEET SKEET SKEET meant. Lol

What I understand is that the young dumb youth picked up the saggy pants after inheriting larger clothes from their older siblings in the form of hand me downs. Pants/shirts too large, no $ for a proper belt, impressionable kids...boom- youve got prison 'good to go' signals being marketed by the youth.

But I digress, Ive always called condoms rubbers or lifevests. It wasn't until I arrived on ECCIE that I had to learn a new shorthand language for all our perv terms
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHnGMV8yOEQ

This didn't help

What I understand is that the young dumb youth picked up the saggy pants after inheriting larger clothes from their older siblings in the form of hand me downs. Pants/shirts too large, no $ for a proper belt, impressionable kids...boom- youve got prison 'good to go' signals being marketed by the youths Originally Posted by Space Cowboy
Rubber is a slang so if caught they may be able to talk their way out of it. There is no double meaning to condom .
It may be all a futile attempt but nevertheless , that is the 'reason' behind using that term VS. the proper word.
We all know the disclosures and myths that supposed to make it safer and yet would get you laughed out of any real situation but it is what it is . Originally Posted by Htowner
So you're saying thugs use the term "rubber" to talk their way out of what exactly?

And where exactly did you acquire this tidbit of information? This is the first time I've ever heard this 'reason'.
It started in Prisons...it was a way to let other inmates know that you were, shall I say, "Good to go" for some back door action

How all these youngsters picked up on it IDK...your guess is as good as mine EA Originally Posted by DickEmDown

They just want to act tough as they get bobo love.
I remember radio station KLOL, rip, gave away
"Wrap that little Rasquel" key chain.
The origin of the slang term "Rubber" dates back to the 20's when condoms were actually made from rubber. I doubt the bangers were wearing their pants down low back then.

Here's some other terms from around the world. Source: Dickipedia

Rubber, johnny, hazmat suit, whatever term you use, you can't deny that there are plenty of names for the 'condom.' But English isn't the only language with a penchant for amusing prophylactic slang.

Here are some of our favourites from around the globe:

1. Germany: 'Naughty bags'

Go into any pharmacy in Germany and request a 'lumelle,' and you'll literally be asking for a naughty bag. Save the blushes and say 'kondom' instead.

2. Denmark: 'Rubberman'

The most common term for a condom here is 'gummimand,' meaning 'rubberman.' The official Danish is 'svangerskabsforebyggendemidde l,’ which is a little more of a mouthful.

3. Nigeria – 'Penis hat'

The Nigerian slang term ‘okpuamu’ or ‘penis hat’ actually has some historical significance. Early rubber condoms used to only cover the glans or ‘head’ of the penis, meaning it did resemble a sort of hat.

4. South Korea – ‘Love and necessity’

South Korean officials have toyed with the idea of replacing the English word for condom with the Korean, ‘ae-pil,’ derived from the Chinese characters for love and necessity. Why? Because they’re sick of fielding complaints from people with identical or similar sounding names. Awkward.

5. Hong Kong – 'Bullet proof vest'

‘Pei dang vi’ or ‘bullet proof vest’ is a common turn of phrase in Hong Kong. It gives a well-deserved nod to the condom’s awesome protecting ability.

6. Hungary – ‘Safety tool’

Hungary acknowledges the safety aspect of the condom in its slang too, with ‘ovsver,’ meaning ‘safety tool.’

7. China – 'Insurance Glove'

Chinese slang also focuses on protection with ‘baoxian.’ In 2005 however, some more political vernacular became popular when Guangzhou Haokian Bio-Science launched two complimentary lines of condoms: Ke-li-tun or “Clinton” and Lai-wen-siji or “Lewinsky.”

8. Portugal – Venus Shirt

Don’t think of doing it in Portugal without first reaching for a ‘camisa de Venus.’ Named after the goddess of love, this is one of the sweeter slang terms out there.

9. English – 'French letter'

It’s thought than this old-fashioned English phrase was coined by a mid-17th Century colonel, wanting to protect his British troops from the decedent, syphilis-ridden French.

10. France – 'English cap'

Another hint at national tensions, ‘La capote anglaise,’ or ‘English cap’ used to be a popular method of protection against, ‘la maladie anglaise,‘ or ‘the English disease’ (i.e. Syphillis).
I just call it a thingy or condom, Originally Posted by trey
I call them thingies too. Either that or a condominium.

I agree on the term rubber.
Just be careful asking a Brit or Canadian or that request for a rubber may just get you a pencil eraser.
Thank god this is not another BBFS thread.

I call them jimmies.
Thanks SF! I think it's cool to learn about things/ways of other cultures or places.
I call it "Tupperware".......