Hobby Money

• GOJC
  • 09-24-2014, 05:31 PM
Almost 400 views but no provider feedback. Let's hear from the ladies, if you charged more would you work less or do you face any budgeting challenges if hobby money is solo income? Thanks everyone who posted so far!
For me, with my travel schedule for work and the fact that, on a good month, I may be home 5 days for the entire month, it's a million times more difficult to budget time. Originally Posted by rf23817

Hobby while you travel. Rest when you are home.
Hobby while you travel. Rest when you are home. Originally Posted by pyramider
Zero time because it's all work. If you knew what I did for a living, you'd understand. Home time is personal time therefore time to have fun in this.
Almost 400 views but no provider feedback. Let's hear from the ladies, if you charged more would you work less or do you face any budgeting challenges if hobby money is solo income? Thanks everyone who posted so far! Originally Posted by GOJC
Yeah, this is a touchy subject for us ladies, and all of us are experiencing different things.

For some, raising their rates would almost guarantee they'd work less. And for others, the more they raise their rates, the more appealing and busy they become. There are HDH's that are busy like they're holding a fire sale, and reasonably-priced ladies that have only 3 appointments a week.

How often a lady works should never be your concern. Ask no questions, get told no lies.

So true Tiff, some guys spend all their time trying to blow up their ATF rates for their benefit. I really hope it pays off for all concerned...it can get really over done imo.
Butt, money is like charm :-), you either have it or you don't .
you get what you pay for
So true Tiff, some guys spend all their time trying to blow up their ATF rates for their benefit. I really hope it pays off for all concerned...it can get really over done imo.
Butt, money is like charm :-), you either have it or you don't . Originally Posted by Tsmokies
I never thought about it that way.

I didn't know what was he hoping to hear. Was he looking for some level of complacency with the amount of money that we make?

I have to get in the mind-frame of (for example only) a $200/hr girl who has the ability to/is willing to see 5 guys a day to meet a goal or pay her bills. If I magically jacked up my rates to $400/hr, and could still maintain the SAME or GREATER volume, would I only see 2 guys a day instead of 5?

Hmmm.... *in my PeeWee Herman voice*
  • GOJC
  • 09-25-2014, 07:40 PM
Tiffani you hit the nail on the head with your last statement of question 5@200 or 2@400. I understand that a lot of people regardless of provider or hobbiest struggle to make ends meet. From what I have gathered most would hobby if they had more hobby funds that didn't take away from their obligations (especially family men- hard to justify a few hundred a month to hobby and won't take your kids to a movie). I know in the provider side some don't do it for the money which is why I asked specifically about providers that have this as solo income. I waited tables for a long time and never knew how much I was going to make regardless of the hours I clocked in. I took it upon myself to cross train and learn to bus tables and cook and clean the kitchen on slow tip days. To get to my point for creating a profile instead of being a scared unregistered onlooking guest, I wanted to join the community to possible help solve some people's problems. I personally do not think people and their families should be struggling financially when there are a ton of ways to supplement their income. A lot of people, I would venture to say, aren't enlightened to some of the opportunities available.

I'll wrap this up by saying that I respect everyone within the community and in some instances understand and even appreciate the choices that we all make. I am working with some partners to be able to help everyday people with everyday problems. I hope to be a positive voice in the community that uplifts, encourages, and challenges others and I expect the same. Thank you all for taking the time to respond to my first thread. I am overwhelmed by the views and the responses.
I completely understand about managing your hobby fund. Fortunately for me I've always had an innate ability to stick with strict budgets. I have a RW hobby that requires a financial commitment. Now that ammo is back on the shelves I find myself at the range a lot more these days than a provider's incall. I'm also single and budget for entertaining non providers and doing random stuff. I also take two or three overseas vacations for p4p a year. I guess I haven't been bitten by the hobby bug stateside and just dip my toe in the water every now and again. I would imagine some guys do get fully emerged and can find themselves financially vulnerable. What I do is have a preset limit of monthly sessions no more than 1-2 sometimes I've skipped months depending on my dating situation. I pay my obligations first then play. I may limit the number of times I eat out or not go out 1 or 2 weekends. It's amazing how much you can blow on a weekend in food and booze. This may sound cheap but I am OCD about budgets. I do my homework and research the showcases of various providers by reading reviews. This has saved me from having a bad session thus far..knock on wood. Just come up with a plan and re-evaluate your budget and see where the wiggle room is and where you can cut back. This has worked for me.
Honey isn't my limiting factor. Time is.
I have 90% disposable income, my budget exceeds my ability to perform. Originally Posted by ktiix
Opposite problem - my TDL far exceeds my funds.

I will PM you my paypal details.
The problem is getting to it unnoticed. When I started I got monthly reimbursments that were not directed deposited. Now I get once check a year that isn't, so I can stash some cash to use through the year when I deposit it. . . except this year it hit the mailbox while I was away so I'm quiet literally "screwed".
The problem is getting to it unnoticed. When I started I got monthly reimbursments that were not directed deposited. Now I get once check a year that isn't, so I can stash some cash to use through the year when I deposit it. . . except this year it hit the mailbox while I was away so I'm quiet literally "screwed". Originally Posted by Iaintliein
+1. I take cash out on most purchases wherever possible.
I have 90% disposable income, my budget exceeds my ability to perform. Originally Posted by ktiix
Hey ktix, I would love to have that kinda disposable income, where do I apply?
For me, with my travel schedule for work and the fact that, on a good month, I may be home 5 days for the entire month, it's a million times more difficult to budget time. Originally Posted by rf23817
For what in those 5 days? Man I travelled like that for 15 years. Had plenty of time for hobby on the road; never did when I was home.