Twitter permabans the orange clown inciter-in-chief..

• pxmcc
  • 01-17-2021, 07:31 AM
Full disclosure of possible bias: I am center/left.

Does free speech include the right to lie?

Personally, I think Trump should have been banned by Twitter long ago. Twitter, just like Eccie, has those pesky Terms of Use. If Trump is unable to follow Twitter's Terms of Use, then the ban was rightful.

Trump can go set up his own site and have his own site rules, kind of like someone buying an atoll in the South Pacific, declaring themselves sovereign, and then granting themselves Sovereign Immunity. he could stipulate that only Fake News will be allowed on his site (the fact-free zone)..
I'll just put this out there to help keep everyone's blood pressure up.

https://patriotdailypress.com/2021/0...-without-bail/

Also, I figure there is a 80% or greater chance of a redflag event next week.
  • pxmcc
  • 01-17-2021, 12:52 PM
I'll just put this out there to help keep everyone's blood pressure up.

https://patriotdailypress.com/2021/0...-without-bail/

Also, I figure there is a 80% or greater chance of a redflag event next week. Originally Posted by O'Mike

Sullivan had been disavowed by BLM and Antifa months before the insurrection.

https://www.opindia.com/2021/01/john...ntifa-blm/amp/

i think he and everyone else who stormed the Capitol and those who supported and/or conspired with the insurrectionists should be tried for sedition and treason, and if found guilty, should be hanged outside the Capitol building, and their heads should be mounted on spikes for at least a month..

"if you commit treason against America, here lies your fate.."
Amen to the next 2 to 4 years.. what's coming is going to be a thriller at least close to it I guess love to watch..
pxmcc, you think the same punishment should be doled out to those who took over the city center (and government buildings) in Seattle? How are those people getting a free pass for their actions? They are as much anarchists as anyone. How about bho who pledged to fundamentally change America? Should those that tried to overturn a lawful election with three years of lies in the Russia probe be hanged as well?

Typical hypocrisy of the left.

• pxmcc
  • 01-17-2021, 01:47 PM
pxmcc, you think the same punishment should be doled out to those who took over the city center (and government buildings) in Seattle? How are those people getting a free pass for their actions? They are as much anarchists as anyone. How about bho who pledged to fundamentally change America? Should those that tried to overturn a lawful election with three years of lies in the Russia probe be hanged as well?

Typical hypocrisy of the left.

. Originally Posted by O'Mike
First, O'Mike, thank you for your respectful tone. There is no reason for us to yell at each other even if we disagree.

I think that anyone who resorts to violence instead of peaceful protesting should be prosecuted. Full stop.

However, I believe there is a difference in quality between BLM-associated extremists who start looting and what happened at the Capitol. What happened there was a coup attempt to overthrow a democratically-elected coequal branch of government. Trump was either going to use the U.S. military or his alt-right militias to execute his coup. The generals telegraphed to Trump that they would not comply with an illegal order, which only left his alt-right militias. So Trump roused the rabble in the hope of becoming a dictator of a banana republic.

So, bottom line: the insurrectionists committed treason and sedition, while the BLM crazies broke laws against looting, destruction of property, injury to peace officers, etc etc. There is a qualitative difference, although both groups should be prosecuted imo.
Folks are nuts if they think the peaceful protesters who stormed the WH was there to over throw the govt.!
They did it to make a statement!
In no way was there any effort or thought to over throw the govt..

Its fear mongering from the left! They play the victim card so well!
  • pxmcc
  • 01-17-2021, 03:06 PM
Folks are nuts if they think the peaceful protesters who stormed the WH was there to over through the govt.!
They did it to make a statement!
In no way was there any effort or thought to over through the govt..

Its fear mongering from the left! They play the victim card so well! Originally Posted by winn dixie
you don't bring Zip ties, molotov cocktails, pipe bombs, napalm's equivalent, bear spray and AR-15s into the Capitol building just to make a statement. Oddly enough, they would have killed or captured Mike Pence too if they had found him. A black Capitol police officer actually intentionally led the mob away from Pence's position and probably saved his life. I'm center left, but it would bring me no joy if Pence had been killed or taken hostage. He seems to me to be a decent (although pathetic) fellow, unlike his boss who is wholly indecent.
And you don't burn down neighborhoods in a peaceful protest either.

Neither side of the aisle can be proud of this year's performance.
All of you who are posting about being conservative. Stop right there. Quit lying to yourself. You're all liberals. Why else would you be on a HOOKER board!! Geez! It's the same lies you tell yourselves when writing reviews about how she came like 10 times. GTFOH! Lol
Private company or not there are anti-trust laws that equate what has happened to Trump, other conservatives, Parler, etc as collusion on the part of the social media sites. I'm not a huge Trumper but I am right leaning (self-disclosure) and feel like all sides need to be able to express their viewpoints as long as it does not encourage violence, etc. Twitter, and in fact most of the other social media sites, still allow accounts that advocate the overthrow of the US, death to Jews, etc. How is this any different? Originally Posted by CryptKicker
Well fuck me running. Did you just become my favorite Modtard?
Yeah, I cancelled business Twitter and FB accounts last week because of the double standard. I like the ability to cyberstalk potential employees so my personal FB account will remain active without activity as long as it is useful to me. My Amazon Prime account will be active for the next few weeks while I determine whether my business has reasonable alternatives like quill or office depot and supply houses like Zoro.
I 100% support the right of any private or even publicly held corporation to conduct business in the manner they see fit. If I don't agree with their politics I can find alternatives.
Full disclosure of possible bias: I am center/left.

Does free speech include the right to lie?

Personally, I think Trump should have been banned by Twitter long ago. Twitter, just like Eccie, has those pesky Terms of Use. If Trump is unable to follow Twitter's Terms of Use, then the ban was rightful.

Trump can go set up his own site and have his own site rules, kind of like someone buying an atoll in the South Pacific, declaring themselves sovereign, and then granting themselves Sovereign Immunity. he could stipulate that only Fake News will be allowed on his site (the fact-free zone).. Originally Posted by pxmcc
I think free speech does include the right to lie. If you are dumb enough to believe the lie then that's on you.

However it remains that the lie " fire" in a crowded theater is not protected speech.

Expressing an opinion is absolutely protected speech. I do support Twitter or FB in being able to censor as they see fit. I don't support them having any special protections.
  • pxmcc
  • 01-17-2021, 09:48 PM
And you don't burn down neighborhoods in a peaceful protest either.

Neither side of the aisle can be proud of this year's performance. Originally Posted by CryptKicker
Crypt i don't defend the BLM activists who got violent. They should be prosecuted too. At least one of the violent rioters who burned down a police station in the northwest was actually an alt-right instigator. I can provide a link if anyone doubts that. And some people just like mayhem and anarchy.

But what happened at the Capitol was a step above that, attacking the seat of our democracy. It appears the plan was to assassinate both Pence and Pelosi. The perps-if convicted-should be hung right outside the Capitol building, imo.
Why all the equivocating? Violence is violence whether it is toppling statues, looting private businesses or storming a public building local, state or federal. The left gets a pass and the right gets persecuted.

John Earl Sullivan, an Antifa-BLM protester and leader of Insurgence USA, who caused public damage at the Capitol on 1/6 and was turned in by his brother was arrested in Utah last week and released on a PR bond...
According to the FBI, anarchist John Sullivan told police officers to stand down in the Speaker's Lobby, then agitated the crowd to attack the doors and windows while he filmed.
Moments later Ashley Babbitt was shot and killed. https://t.co/4dsh8ivgka
— Jack Posobiec (@JackPosobiec) January 14, 2021

And what about Ashley Babbitt? She's the unarmed 14 year veteran who was shot and killed inside the Capitol. We hear about the police officer who died from a head injury but nothing about her. Was she really so violent that a bullet to the head was the only way to stop her? I doubt it. Who pulled the trigger?
#SAYHERNAME

People need to hold themselves accountable but that stopped when we started giving out participation trophies.

Well fuck me running. Did you just become my favorite Modtard? Originally Posted by boardman
I have my moments! LOL