life lessons learned

no the studio that was Camp Bowie and 30
let me say this she has two bird tattoos
Not a cool story bro.
Please tell us more about this table you built and perhaps a hint at the life lesson learned...assuming it is with the wood working that is.
Also, I know I live in a glass house but how about a period here and there.

The guessing game...just nut up and say it already.
let me say this she has two bird tattoos Originally Posted by theshadow00
No editing now. Time to burn it down.
Tweet tweet
I loaded her but Originally Posted by theshadow00
Sounds like she deserved it
I think he said he got his money back but she wont pay him for the table...... I would like to know who it is for no other reason than she gave him his money back. How often does that happen?? And what happened to the table?

Lets see, a totally incoherent post and wont name names. Dude, you have more problems than not getting paid for a table
I think he said he got his money back but she wont pay him for the table...... I would like to know who it is for no other reason than she gave him his money back. How often does that happen?? And what happened to the table?

Lets see, a totally incoherent post and wont name names. Dude, you have more problems than not getting paid for a table Originally Posted by OldButStillGoing
Not to stir the pot but honestly he gave more than enough clues on who it is. She has a strong following in the FTW area and plenty of them I imagine would be eager to supply a new table if need be. What gets me in the story if you can call it that is everything between the lines.
She trusted him enough to leave her dog with him for an extended period of time, enough to ask for a loan and apparently a table.
Then after all was said and done, she now would rather pay him back his loan than do a session. From there he comes here to vent in the open.
Seems either her intuition was spot on or perhaps there is more to the story than he is letting on. I find her post, when she chooses to share, pretty entertaining so fingers crossed she chimes in but I doubt she even gives this spiel a second thought...but one can hope
  • ktiix
  • 09-27-2014, 05:48 AM
So, you built her a table at some point; with the assumption your take at carpentry would be payed for. Then you proceeded to loan her money, and care for her dog. After she picked up her dog, you tried to get some shag for the loaned cash, nogo; she returned your money. You're upset that you weren't payed for the table?

Your post would be more appreciated it one of the various carpentry forums, unless you tried to trade the table for some nook I don't understand the relevance.
  • L.A.
  • 09-27-2014, 06:11 AM
Irecently had a problem with a provider that will remain nameless some of you will know who I'm talking about! It started at the end of July when she asked me to watch her dog she when she was on vacation ok no big deal I have before the day I was to meet her she texted that she had lost some money! Ok how much do you need sweetie? So I'm off to bank to get some money for her this is on a Friday at 5in the afternoon i get to the meeting place she gives me her and some food for him and we talk for a bit. I askher so how are you going to be out of town she till the 6th I give the money to her now let's move on to the 9th I send text to her just to see if she is ok ? She replys yes I m fine !!! I ask when you coming home ? I will be home Sunday !! Well Sunday comes and gos Monday night about 7 she sent me text when can you meet me so ican get my dog I tell her right now is good .so we meet the first thing she said I still have your money but doesn't offered to give me back so I ask if i can get a session on Saturday oh sure is her reply !! Well I had cancel the appointment and ask to do it the next weekend in the middle of the week she tell that she needs cancel ok when can get session ?? Her reply is I don't know will next week ?? Ok then how about you just give me my money well I got the money I loaded her but she still has not paid me for the table I built for her Originally Posted by theshadow00
I'm going to assume that since the title of this thread is "life lessons learned" that you learned something from this. I'm sure there is more to this story than you're able to accurately convey on here but I think the main point is that you did something nice and now you feel like you were taken advantage of.

When you do something nice for somebody it makes you feel good...it's really a selfish act (but in a good way). When you expect things in return is when you can get your feelings hurt and feel taken advantage of. This might or might not have just been a nice thing to have done or it could have all been a pre-arranged business arrangement. It's not really clear from your post.

The only advice I'm going to give you is that you really have nothing to gain by posting this on here. You should have either dropped it completely or worked it out with her privately. Nothing to gain here....nothing.
I think you should name the provider so I can visit her and pet the dog while sitting at the table before receiving BBBJ from the lady.
Ah man, you edited the original post. You killed most of the fun of this thread. Though I still have no idea who your talking about. I would really like to know. Maybe she needs some chairs for her table.
Obviously this was written by the dog because it was pissed that it's owner left it with a strange man with poor monetary decision making skills but a knack for carpentry.

Bad dog.
The amazing part is she paid him back the money he loaned her. He didn't even have to hold her dog hostage. The fact that she paid back the loan makes her more of an upstanding citizen than 95% of the people I've ever loaned money to.
Irecently had a problem with a provider that will remain nameless some of you will know who I'm talking about! It started at the end of July when she asked me to watch her dog she when she was on vacation ok no big deal I have before the day I was to meet her she texted that she had lost some money! Ok how much do you need sweetie? So I'm off to bank to get some money for her this is on a Friday at 5in the afternoon i get to the meeting place she gives me her and some food for him and we talk for a bit. I askher so how are you going to be out of town she till the 6th I give the money to her now let's move on to the 9th I send text to her just to see if she is ok ? She replys yes I m fine !!! I ask when you coming home ? I will be home Sunday !! Well Sunday comes and gos Monday night about 7 she sent me text when can you meet me so ican get my dog I tell her right now is good .so we meet the first thing she said I still have your money but doesn't offered to give me back so I ask if i can get a session on Saturday oh sure is her reply !! Well I had cancel the appointment and ask to do it the next weekend in the middle of the week she tell that she needs cancel ok when can get session ?? Her reply is I don't know will next week ?? Ok then how about you just give me my money well I got the money I loaded her but she still has not paid me for the table I built for her Originally Posted by theshadow00
Do you have a picture of the table you built for her?
Did you agree on a price for the table as well as the dog watching?
You paid in advance for a session and received a refund?