Food

Green apples and almond butter (the real stuff that has to be refrigerated not that fake shit at most grocers).

Cucumbers (with peel) and hummus.

Overdone egg whites and a slice of tomato sprinkled with salt and pepper on half a toasted and buttered whole wheat English muffin.

Celery and regular peanut butter (my atf).

Strawberries quartered mixed with equal amount of whole blueberries, plain yogurt, granola and honey.
  • motor
  • 08-26-2016, 08:08 AM
[QUOTE=THN;1058561840]

Overdone egg whites and a slice of tomato sprinkled with salt and pepper on half a toasted and buttered whole wheat English muffin.

this sounds pretty good........I also have to add tomatoes, quartered kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper with olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
Yummmmm. That's one of my favorites too.
[QUOTE=motor;1058562921]

this sounds pretty good........I also have to add tomatoes, quartered kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper with olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Originally Posted by THN

Suggestion: Per those same ingredients, add a sliced (peeled too) cucumber and a small diced purple onion. Cut back on the balsamic vinegar just a tad and add a little organic apple cider vinegar (plus just a "pinch" of sugar). Let all this marinate, mixed together, in the fridge an hour or so. It's a great summer salad / appetizer!
  • motor
  • 08-26-2016, 12:42 PM
Just thought of another I had about 2 weeks ago. I got a craving for a onion sandwich, it is a simple as it sounds.
Two pieces of break, some miracle whip and a slice of onion. I used a white onion, but you could use a purple or Vidalia also. It was pretty good, had it for lunch a couple of days.
Raw clams dipped in grapefruit juice. That's one I discovered by accident. It's wonderful. Fresh!
Bottom to Top:

shredded lettuce - pear slices, lightly salted - mayonnaise - shredded cheddar cheese - Alaskan King Crab chunks

Apply the mayonnaise in clumps so as to dip where you want or not at all

And in a time long long ago but never forgotten: white bread sprinkled with sugar !
OK here's a question I might find an answer to here:

So I bought this bacon jam from Trader Joe's. Wtf do I use it for/with?

Maggie, I'll have to try your suggestion. Sounds strange enough to be good.
  • motor
  • 08-26-2016, 04:02 PM
OK here's a question I might find an answer to here:

So I bought this bacon jam from Trader Joe's. Wtf do I use it for/with?

Maggie, I'll have to try your suggestion. Sounds strange enough to be good. Originally Posted by THN
Try it on a burger, or something sweet.....OR, how about a tomatoe sandwich.......use maybe some sour dough bread, damn I got to try that one.
Sounds good. I think I will try it on my egg white thing up above. Thanks! :0)
^^^^

Stancky, when I am that way.... I will buy... What's for lunch?
  • motor
  • 09-08-2016, 09:48 AM
Originally Posted by johnclark
Calf fries.......
so far.....never had the balls to try them....haha, see what I did there?
LOL. They actually sell calf fries (Rocky Mountain Oysters) at Colorado Rockies games.
^^^^

Stancky, when I am that way.... I will buy... What's for lunch? Originally Posted by lookn4boobies
Sushi, of course!